Why should you use calm spirit?

Options

I honestly think it needs a rework, it just prevents you from screaming, like sure it’s useful against the doctor, and other moments where you’re forced to scream, but it’s mostly a game of chance, it’s not guaranteed to go against one of those, and the fact you don’t scare birds off..like..just crouch through them, if the killer has spies from the shadows, then yeah I guess it’s useful, but it’s super underrated, and not a lot of people run it, and like I said, it’s a low chance, I just think this perk needs a change.

Answers

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

I guess no failed heal skill check notification for the killer would make it consistent.

• supernovalil
    supernovalil Member Posts: 16
    Options

Yeah I guess, it’s better than what it is, but it would be like technician however only for healing.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,797
    Options

The only time I used it, besides doing adept Jake, was for the few days after Doc got his rework and 80% of my games were against Doc. Calm Spirit was very useful in those games.

• supernovalil
    Options

I guess then it would be useful, thanks for taking the time on this discussion, I appreciate it, baby dweet.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    Options

It should reduce your aura reading by 50%, in time or color. Devs are so afraid about improving survivors” perks.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    Options

I only use it for Adept Jake, running all of Jake’s perks for aesthetics, or if I’ve been getting a lot of games where Killers run screaming perks.

There are some Killers who do pay attention to crows in a match, (without the need of Spies from the Shadows) but not much, from what I’ve seen.

In conclusion: I use it for fun.

• supernovalil
    Options

Then it wouldn’t make sense, since it’s called calm spirit, unless they change the name, but yeah, that could work, decreasing it by 50%/75%/100%, then yeah I guess.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

Good killers track with crows from a distance. Not only crows flying away, but crows respawning. Crows give a ton of information. Major snitches. Calm Spirit isn't all about the screaming. I often blink right on top of survivors because of crows even if I've lost LOS.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited November 2020
    Options

Doctor does get countered pretty well with Calm Spirit, but it's not just against Doctor. When coupled with Iron Will, Calm Spirit can actually make it pretty tough to locate someone who takes a hit in the corn. It's also really good against killers like Nurse, Oni, Plague, and Myers, because it hard counters Infectious Fright, which those killers all frequently run. Then there's the crow factor as edgarpoop calls out; even if the killer isn't running Spies it can be more useful that people realize not to disturb crows in the environment. It has other minor benefits as well. For example, let's say the killer is running Make Your Choice. If the killer is able to hear the scream they have a better chance of determining which survivor actually made the unhook. It's also good against Clown since you can run through his gas cloud without screaming. This can help lose him in a chase if he tries to wall off a certain area with his bottles; you can just run right through without him realizing you're able to.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    Options

yes, that”s why you never see it, because it”s so good

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited November 2020
    Options

Crows, doctor, freddy's traps notification, clown, infectious fright, inside techs/mindgames after getting hit (a lot of killers heavily rely on sound cues to track where a recently hit survivor went after spinning). Latter one doesn't buy you a lot of time, but still helps a bit.

As a downside, this perk slightly (1-1.5s) reduces second hook phase duration; i think it hasn't been patched yet.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I'm not saying it's amazing lol, just that it serves a purpose and that it isn't as bad and one-dimensional as people think.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

Same, it was very helpful. I'll return to CS as soon as The Clown gets his rework. Not screaming against him also helps.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

I experience a weird effect in that crows rarely activate when I play survivor now, and I don't use Calm Spirit.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Not disturbing crows is lowkey OP though.

For example... did you know that Scratched Mirror Myers will set off crows? Did you know that Lery's has crows up the wahzoo (the map most likely to be picked for SMM)?

Therefore if you have Calm Spirit, anytime a crow goes off near you it's either the killer or another survivor. If you are SWF or have Bond (or something to see survivors) then you can know exactly where the killer is most of the time.

I had a Myers ask how I knew where he was all the time, and it was because of Calm Spirit.

Also Infectious is a very strong perk on certain killers and not screaming will probably gut their entire strategy. Unless you just really suck at hiding.