To people who buy cosmetics or the premium rift.

13»

Comments

• skiafluff
    skiafluff Member Posts: 58

I buy cosmetics because I took a trip to Argentina and loaded up on auric's while I was there. Nice country this time of year. :^)

Probably won't ever buy a rift though. They're worth it if you get really far or they have a unique and good cosmetic (pls come back elephant suit clown)

• aEONoHM
    aEONoHM Member Posts: 208

I've dropped about $500 bucks on this game so far since I started playing Q3 2018, including all DLC. I have about 2.7k hours in the game across 3 accounts. Totally worth it to me. It's kinda fun playing dress up and a lot of the skins they're releasing these days are fire.

The only skin I really regret buying is the Lisa outfit for Cheryl. I know why the cosmetics team makes linked sets (greater creative freedom as they only have to ensure the linked set blends well with itself), but I don't like it and won't be buying them in the future. I like mix and matching way too much.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Au contraire! I am often told that my Sweater Daddy Steve is an abhorration.

• MJ_Out
    MJ_Out Member Posts: 184

This.

I earn my own money and I spend it the way I want. if something catches my eye and I want it, than I buy it.

Some guys go in the cinema and pay a lot of money for just 2 hours. So with these 1500+ hours on DBD on my account every cent was worth it.

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

I’m a completionist so I bought every cosmetic for the characters I main...stupid, I know

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

I haven't spent a single penny on cosmetics or rift pass, for me cosmetics are irrelevant and the only good reason to spend money is for a licensed dlc

• DankestOfSouls
    DankestOfSouls Member Posts: 17

I've bought a cool few outfits for every killer tbh and all for Cheryl as survivor (I only play her really) mainly because to me, they look cool as hell and well I want to support a game I enjoy so they keep making new content, so buying cosmetics in a game I've spent too many hours on feels fine to me

• cheezjtz
    cheezjtz Member Posts: 52

tbh ive spent so much on this game already. the cosmetics just give me serotonin lol

• SlyPeeler
    SlyPeeler Member Posts: 6

I have bought a few cosmetics and such. I mean,I am playing a 19 dollar game 10 times more than I play my 60 dollar games. I can kick them a few bucks. It's like buying another Run The Jewels t shirt. I don't need another RTJ shirt . But I don't mind supporting what I like.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

I like having fun cosmetics & supporting artists (buying cosmetics keeps BHVR's concept artists & 3D artists employed). Idk how much money I've spent in the years I've been playing it--maybe something like $160 - $200?

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

Some of yall need to realize that burning money isn't something to brag about.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I've spent money on both. The reasons are:

1. I was bored and I thought getting new clothes for the dolls would make them fun to play with again.
    2. Buying cosmetics solved a problem I had with the character design (eg, I wanted the Spirit to not be naked).
    3. I wanted to show some personality by customizing the characters.
  • Deckergirl
    Deckergirl Member Posts: 39

Besides only buying puking women but later buying her pack with IRL cash + owning all the killer/survivor DLC besides stranger things because they don't belong.

The only time I spent money was the last rift. Gave me something nice for megan.

The offerings for kate look bland this rift.

I then took that auric cell I got back & bought kate that black skirt & my doctor the baseball bat.

Now obviously the item has to look super cool or sexy without going full sloot

---------------------------------------------------------------

Now that being said if it's a 3rd person game like fortnut then yes I feel more inclined to purchase a cosmetic. Fortnite actually gives you your money's worth when you buy the BP with NO threat of

'these items will appear later in the shop'

They definitely use that base model for different things but I rest easy knowing they'll never have my outfit after the season changes.

• MomLife
    MomLife Member Posts: 11

As someone stated earlier, you get your auric cells back when you complete the rift. A one time investment of 10 dollars and you use it over and over as long as you complete the rift. I like being able to switch my look up and not look like every generic character out there. With that being said, I do not buy cosmetics that cost auric cells unless it is just something I really really like but the premium pass I feel like is definitely worth the cost.

• Eorpwald
    Eorpwald Member Posts: 46

The rift gives you your money back so if I unlock up to level 67 (I think) you get 1000 back so then is buy the pass. I don't buy it before until I get high enough to recoup my losses.

• therealalfy
    therealalfy Member Posts: 8

Idk i like seeing thr trapper squad wipe us in his yellow undies with stars lol.

• therealalfy
    therealalfy Member Posts: 8

The books? Its just extra little goals to keep the players engaged. Might ruin a game or two but its not bad

• Naz
    Naz Member Posts: 122

I've bought a rift and find it to be the single best purchase i have made in any game ever. If you play enough then completing the rift is no problem and you earn the cells back. As for costumes? I have to admit to usually buying "sale" outfits only. The most i feel comfortable spending is about 600 cells. Some are really cool and the Legendary outfits sort of give you a "new" character. At the end of the day it's about what you want and what you can afford.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

The Rift: I play this game a lot, so I usually earn everything on the rift. I just use the auric cells I earn from the rift to get the next one, so it basically costs me nothing.

Regular Cosmetics: I usually buy cosmetics when they are on sale and if I do buy any, I only buy the ones that I like and for characters that I play a lot.