The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I feel so bad for new killers

Comments

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

If you play CoD and you spawn in the path of a moving bullet. Get killed before you can even move. Is that person learning how to play? That's what it's like for new killers. By the time they find someone, not down, 3 gens popped.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Actually... even if you're right, they won't know how to run those perks properly. I could say "Dead Hard is a useful perk because... bla, bla, bla" but there will be many MANY times where they will say "but I used DH. Why did he got me?", the same as BT. A new user can run meta perks but won't know when and/or how to use it properly, even if someone teachs them, they don't know how to loop or to chain loop since they lack of knowledge so even with all four meta perks, they go down first.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

the worst I've went up against is 8,8,4,19 as a rank 17 killer.

It's sad but there are some players out there that just want to go against low rank players because they know they'll stomp them. I've heard people admit to it.

I'm a rank 16 survivor I play to win but I don't play like a jerk. can't say the same for the squads I've went up against

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

Lol why so much focus on the killer side? Playing new as survivor was far more painful. Tunnels, camps, more tunnels. Even if you get better you have to rely on your team mates doing so as well. Super fun as a brand new surv. I quit a week after and decided to keep playing but my sister quit and never came back lol. Game is way easier to start as killer but you will suddenly be hit with a rude awakening at around r13 bc survivors have to earn their first ranks where as killers just blow through it and freak out when the game does hurrdurr a win for them anymore. Unless they main freddy and spirit. You can keep hurrdurring then.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

you're both right, new on any side is very painful and it really shouldn't be.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

From my experience, starting out as a Survivor wasn't all that bad. Sure, you won't start out with great perks, but you can acquire them significantly faster than any Killer player can. Furthermore, since you're in a team of 4, there's less pressure for you personally to do well. Also... unless you randomly get a killer with BBQ early on (which is unlikely) playing stealthy works quite well at early ranks.

• siren_sorceress

Lmao you remind me of the good ol killer strike movement. Your threat means nothing to anyone. Good killers stay and unfortunately, too many whiny killers dont leave. Game only grows.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

I just tried to play killer tonight for the first time and I got waxed. Was playing against a SWF and they looped, flashlight and t-bagged me the whole time. Found out they were purple ranks and I'm rank 20, obviously. I got frustrated, but I was even more frustrated because I never get survivors that are working cohesively in my games!

• siren_sorceress

We just had a r15 get tunneled at 5 gens lol. Killer was r9 and did not give af. The problem is nobody gets on dbd as survivor knowing what looping even is. Everyone gets on killer knowing how to press w and swing at survivors.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

You are correct new survivors won't know how to loop, but just about anyone can load up the game as Claudette with Self Care and know to clear out and hide when you hear the TR. I'm not super proud to admit that that's how a lot of my first Survivor games went, but that's exactly what I did. And... it worked pretty well.

Alternatively... do the same thing as Meg with Sprint Burst. That and holding W can waste a lot of the killers time even if you don't use a single pallet or window.

As for the rank 9 killer tunneling the rank 15... I mean that's just a killer being a jerk.

• GoldenZR_TTV
    GoldenZR_TTV Member Posts: 8

I have been playing for about half a year and most of it as killer, i have had way too many teams that are three red ranks and a rank 15 to 20, 90 percent of their perk builds were adrenaline, dead hard, spine chill, and iron will all tier three. for my first 2 months the only defence to this was a mori or noed which still i felt guilty running because i hated using those myself, honestly i cant imagine how many people quit once they had gone against these toxic teams, some are so toxic they use auto clickers just to spam flashlight, and invite to partys or use endgame chat to tell the killer that he sucks.

• legacyrisky
    legacyrisky Member Posts: 10

Yep played my first bubba match vs a survivor with friends four stack rank ones that just bullied me the entire match then just texted me garbage killer and spammed emotes a very nice group of players

• Artemis_LH
    Artemis_LH Member Posts: 113
    edited November 2020

NVM. Misread entire thing.

• KingMyers
    KingMyers Member Posts: 57

Devo 87 on a rank 20 and you complaining about smurfs lmfao you trolling? New killer or not if you wanted to play killer bp shoulda been invested in both survivors and killers. Then there really wouldn't be a need to whine as you would have good perks. The attention bait was hard real on this, people only get better with experience soooo stop playing? Or learn? Dunno

• KingMyers
    KingMyers Member Posts: 57

Smurfs go both ways, either way playing against better people will only make them better soooo, I don't see a need to whine about this? Stop playing or get better only 2 options there is kiddo

• KateMain69
    KateMain69 Member Posts: 1

I don’t know who needs to hear this, but without SWF this game would not exist. Sorry if it hurts your feelings to lose at a game but if I couldn’t play this game with my friends I would never play it again and BHVR knows this. So it’s time after 4.5 years to stop crying about SWF.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

@siren_sorceress

I wasn't trying to make this into a surv v killer thing, there's enough of those threads. New survivors shouldn't be paired with experienced killers either and bhvr could do a lot to help out new players on both sides.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

you don't understand, they were just having fun together with their friends, you and your friend just don't have any friends to play with so you're just jealous they do /s

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231

being new to an old game always sucks, you’re late to the party. regardless of whether red ranks wasn’t boring with the same few select killers playing similar builds, there’s always going to be people who want to take advantage of less experienced players. but I guess that’s okay if it’s the killer VPNing to get a very fair and earned buff that behaviour has yet to dish out I suppose?

• Aneurysm

If you could point me to the place where I said VPNing is a good thing could you let me know, I'm having some trouble locating it.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231

boomerang hatchets and wall-piercing death slinger harpoons are on the phone if you'd fancy a cheeky chat?

• skiafluff
    skiafluff Member Posts: 58

?????

I stopped playing long enough to get rank reset all the way back to 20 and I've been murdering babies every single game. Occasionally one half decent survivor but I don't think I've been looped more than one tile. Everyone is still in immersion mindset.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I played survivor first and got destroyed endlessly and stuck around. No game is easy when you first start it. And when it's a fair match, a beginner killer is much easier than a beginner survivor.

• Aneurysm

what are you even talking about? What has this got to do with new players being regularly matched with experienced ones?

• Aneurysm

For anyone that's not reading anything that's been written - this is about new players (mostly killers from what I've seen but not always) being matched with experienced ones, and ways the game could be more accommodating for new players.

It isn't about which side is stronger in general, VPNs, flashlight clicking, ds/unbreakable, ruin/undying, noed, moris, keys, huntress hitboxes, whether Victor is a baby or not, or why clown should be nerfed. These things are not related.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379
    edited November 2020

How about an AI powered training ground?

It's probably a big ask of the developers but, as a new player myself (less than a month) who stuck it out through immense frustration being stomped by killers and given the literal run-around by survivors, i think something like an AI training ground would be perfect for allowing new players to learn some of the maps and general strategies.

Besides getting stomped, the number of perks, add-ons and offerings were pretty intimidating to me, and that's not even getting into the descriptions of what they do, filled with all sorts of keywords for various statuses, effects, etc, all without explanation. I felt like I needed to read a book first before jumping into a game.

If I wasn't desperate for a time-killer game while waiting for D2's expansion to release at the time, I likely would have uninstalled. There's still a ton I don't understand but after a brief time suffering, I've now come to enjoy the game.

• Sleven
    Sleven Member Posts: 1

Get Good

Honestly I mostly play survivor because killer is too easy to play my killer rank is 18 and 20 granted they put me in the ranks sometimes close or lower and I have to say I learn on the way of the game playing it or watching youtube.

Killers are way OP read the perks before using them and heck get a feel of it how you ever gonna learn if your giving up because you got smurfed lol my survivor rank is a 5 I get killers in that rank or even higher to a 16 or 18 I have friends that join me we communicate so yea of course killer will have a harder chance but somehow still manages to kill one or three people.

Like I don't know how many times a legion, ghostface aka scream, or a chainsaw player has constantly ended me because how fast they are so when say oh new beginners just know its pvp you learn on the way and YouTube is there don't give up as a killer or survivor also I stream letting new people and viewers pretty much know what characters to start out as to better themselves in the game cause mostly every killer is always OP over a survivor

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

They need to create a good free slowdown perk for killer. Also a good anti-tunnel perk for survivors.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

People like him just like to post nonsense because they believe that they're posting something that's profound, but they just end up sounding dumb. Don't put too much into it.

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122

Not all heros wear capes.

Never get to see a post like this anymore where the killer is actually cared about.

It hurts game after game to have sweaty try hards that treat you like garbage but want you to make their game fun.

Talk about entitled. That's what I deal with everyday - even after coming from a long break and going to rank 18 - try hards and trolls galore.

Hopefully they can bother to do something for killer players instead of replacing them with AI.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

Breakable walls? You want breakable walls? Coming right up!

• Wolfninja989
    Wolfninja989 Member Posts: 3

I feel the need to day this, dbd is a fun game but it isn't the kindest to new players since it feels like if you do well for one game at low ranks you'll get punished by going up against 4 red ranks that know what they're doing especially after ranks reset which will end up driving players away the same way Spacelords drives away people looking to play antagonist in a way which will make the game boring as a survivor and have matchmaking be pretty much impossible because the game has so much potential its so fun but a lot of the decisions being made are quite frustrating as a player and it ends up leaving players bringing back old memes.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

"We are taking account into this and seeing what we can do" -BHVR at some point when they leave a reply here, when really, they are not gonna do anything lol

• StrickxNyne
    StrickxNyne Member Posts: 230

It's rough but it's also fun still. I often get a team that beats me with pallets, stuns, flashlight and the good Ole tea bag. I made it a point to noed and blood warden. Let em do their thing because they forget about totems because I'm such a noob and boom, the salt comes hard. Undying with noed and blood warden has become a must at end game now. Rush them gens Danny boy because what do ya know Joe, I was prepped for egc the entire time not pressuring you bullies off gens ☺. Make friends with your lesser survivors and killers and team up and do customs. Everyone has to learn and when they learn it's rough all around. Gen simulator only goes so far. Today we're logging in to do no gens, only to run around the map like it's on fire and get hook save and loop points. The killer is going to kill us but we're going to double pip without escapes ☺

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited November 2020

Yes, strikes mean nothing. However this game is terrible for new players. Even if good killers stick around they will run out of things to do. Eventually they will unlock everything or they will just get bored. They won't be around forever and with no new players coming in, que times will only get worse........Let me rephrase that part. New players are coming in but they are quickly leaving when they find out what this game is really like. The devs know the game is in a tough spot and instead of actually fixing it, they are cranking out DLCs to try to lure more meat in the grinder. The only reason DBD has lasted this long is every other game like it has flopped. If there was a genuine competitor there would be a mass exodus to that other game.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379

The next Left 4 Dead...or whatever they're gonna call it.

• MasterManMike
    MasterManMike Member Posts: 19

The devs have made it clear that the only new players that matter are new survivors. I was playing with a group of 4 last night and our highest rank was an 11 (I was a 5 due to RR) and yet 4 games in a row we got sub rank 15 killers, none of us BM'd but we all felt terrible because there's no way these brand new killers stood a chance against a team with combined hours of over 3k. ######### BHVR?

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682

Funny thing you bring up Call of Duty - that game's multiplayer spawn system is designed so that even the very newest players can get kills and even a killstreak, just shooting people in the back. It's very intentional to be that way - everyone no matter how they did goes away thinking "ah well at least i got some kills, it was fun". DBD is a whole 'nother beast

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

Learning killer for the first time depends a lot of what killer they want to play as.

• RukiTheEntity
    RukiTheEntity Member Posts: 1

Honestly there really arent that many. I have a smurf account but not to be a bully i have one because of a while my game kept crashing and making me dc so now anytime I dc or get disconnected I have a wait time of like an hour. And let me tell you im not the best player but some people are bullies and thats just all the game is. The game is toxic sometimes and you just gotta get over it. The mechanics wouldn't be in the game if it wasnt meant to be used that way and im not talking about smurfing. Im talking about ranking and de ranking. Or camping or anything like that. Im a survivor main that just recently started playing killer so i know that both sides suck. This game i can tell you no one loves without hating it. i tell friends i hate and love it. But i worn them b4 they start playing. Its just that type of game

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173

you think dbd has a smurf problem? go on overwatch, or any other game, there will be smurfs in probably every match. I am not fine with smurfing, but in dbd it's still pretty rare and i can't see why you think it's '"out of control" and besides that, everyone has bad matches and going against players better than you helps you learn. and if you didn’t take an online game so personally and seriously, you might have a better chance to learn and get good.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I'm good enough. I got my Rank-1 with Myers, and I'm capable of destroying Bully Squads when I find them. I do take it personal when people purposely game the system so they beat up on Newbies. And I work out that frustration by giving the same back to them. Why do I think it is out of control? I've been tracking games and the vast majority of them are 1-3 Red Ranks mixed in with a few weak Ranks to pull weaker Killers. It is rare that I get a game that isn't like that.

• CyanSeiryu
    CyanSeiryu Member Posts: 1

Ever since day one, this game has always been about survivors duking the killer. It's what the whole game is about. Keep the killer away from gens, and try to survive. Anyone who can't figure that out, is asking to be bullied.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

Resident evil resistance is SWF all the time, for me i have leave this game. The devs stop working on it after a few months, the game is toxic.

DBD is still under construction, but is it enough? No, the killers are at a disadvantage and are forced to camp. In Resistance you have to encircle the survivors in a room to win (no sense) when you know that in one bullet our zombies are down... here in DBD the killer is invincible but the generators end too fast, add the obstacles... no more desire to play normally. The devs don't understand, new killer or graphic changes won't solve anything!

DBD remains very good overall, graphically it has become very correct, and I love its gameplay.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Smurfing is when a player or group of players intentionally lowers themselves to a low rank to basically bully a low skill player.

SWF is Survive With Friends

OoO is Object of Obsession (Laurie Strode perk)

And BM is bad manners.