When I play Survivor, I like NOED.

Sure, it most likely means I lose, but it instills this awesome, tense, desperate hopelessness into the endgame that I really dig. The game instantly becomes so much more tense. And if I manage to escape, the feeling is unreal.

And yes, when I play Killer I use NOED, but I only started using it recently and I'm too nice to really use it. I played a round on the Game where they stomped me but I got 3 downs in Endgame. I felt bad, opened the gates and carried them to the exit.

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I hate it. It never feels like it actually helps the killer win, like a perk should. It just seems to be a way of saving face by getting 1 extra little kill. At least it has its place in endgame builds, but it just never feels fair to have to leave someone behind because you didn't find the totem.

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 410

As a killer I like to use it, it punish survivors who only focus the gens and not the totems (Alert, bad word detected)

As a survivor too, If I get downed by noed it means I wasn't focused enough on the totems 5 totems which are 14 seconds each aren't going to change anything to my capacity to repair the generators... Sometimes I use small game, I really like this perk, especially when I face the trapper, I can get the totems and the traps :D

Noed if Fine, even if people pretend it is not. And this is why the devs won't change it... Cuz it's FINE

I'm glad to find people who shares my opinion x)

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545

You're crazy and you NOED

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

It's only NOT fine, when dealing with a face camping bubba, bc you have no time to do totems then if you do not want to reward the camper.

Additionally, I feel it's really anticlimactic if you are the last survivor and get Noeded in that last chase of the game. There is already no escape in this scenario, being "robbed" of this last chase bc of noed is real bummer and can spoil an otherwise enjoyable game for me :-/.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I feel the same thing when I was a survivor main. I find old Ruin was super boring where the perk extend the time to hold M1. But Noed bring much more tense in game play.

You down, hope(lessly) others can help you out.

Other down, you may not in the danger but the tense of finding the Hex while not being spotted is still much more fun.

• I prefer Killers bring Noed than old Ruin.
  • HommeBizarre

Man, you are talking about bubba... he has a chainsaw, it isn't a valid argument about Noed

• CaulDrohn

I'm talking about face camping bubbas with noed, a particular scummy playstyle. The chainsaw is only there to protect the hooks, no killer is better at this than bubba. The only way for the survs to get out is cranking out gens, no time to waste on totems. But that nearly guarantees Noed to activate, so the remaining two (given that bubba downed two and camped them to death) have a hard time to get out.

That's one of the (rare) situations where I consider the Noed effect to be "not fine". In normal rounds, it's on the survs to prevent it, thats for sure.

• HommeBizarre

Hooks should work like cages x)

They could add the same effect they had in DeathGarden

AHAH

• CaulDrohn

Sure that might mitigate the issue a bit, but cannot prevent camping. The killer could just wait it out with a little more distance, then. The issue here is finding the right distance, imo. If it's too short, it does not help at all, if it's too long, it may punish regular play.

Another thing I was thinking off, the entity could start to obscure the vision of the killer when the killer does not move or stays close to a hooked survivor. BUt there's the same issue of the right distance.

All in all, it may not be the best solution to try to fix the camping, but to change Noed so it cannot be abused in this scenario instead. Something like Noed can only activate when at least three DIFFERENT survivors where hooked.

• Exellen
    Exellen Member Posts: 49

There's nothing more funny that getting oneshoted and dying on your first hook in the basement after your solo survivors finish last gen. 10/10 gameplay

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    edited November 2020

while I get it, this is also something that will just wear off when playing a lot, now for me its more a case of "oh noed, well shoulda done totems, no clue where any is and I did maybe 2...oh well...bye' and I leave through the door, no attempts to rescue anyone.

thought let it be known I have nothing against NoeD, do bones if you dont want to run the risk and if you dont do bones well its on you if there is NoeD or not.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

tbf I also like it sometimes, it makes the game a bit more intresting even if its a bad killer cause the odds are now more equal

• HommeBizarre

Noed shouldn't trigger if the gates are powered but if the 5 generators have been repaired

Another perk already use the "5 gens" method but I forgot which one

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Noed would be fine to me if there was no ms increase. The ms seriously messes with the expectation of how a loop is designed in a way that you catch up way faster then you should making it impossible to escape a noed killer in the late game. A straight bitter murmur style aura reading on top of an instadown at the end would be a much more suitable replacement. Yes I know other survivor perks need to be looked at the 59 second ds tunnel meme and 3 downed survivors is getting really old. But looking at noed I guarantee you it not the instadown that makes the perk so obnoxious but the massive speed boost the killer receives.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

NOED is an unnecessary safety net for the killer. It just pumps up your kills after you lost control of the game for 5 gens, boosts your chances to pip, and rewards lack experience that is necessary to play agaisnt a better team. Same with other highly impactful perks such as Unbreakable/Undying, etc.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    edited November 2020

Someone's a masochist lol

• Gore_Nargai
    Gore_Nargai Member Posts: 77

I don't thing that noed is a a bad perk, but there's so many others that give u the same advantage earlier in the game, those are more fun to use and give u a better control over the survivors and the map.

I see noed as a last resort for killers that are new to the game. but i think it needs a rework cause more experienced players are leaving it behind.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Not taking the bait

• Scecheim
    Scecheim Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2020

Orrrrr, you can just do bones, i get that "you cant unhook the survivor" if you do em and the killers camping, but in reality the killer camping helps you if you just ignore the hooked person and do the bones/gens, and i get its a buzz kill that you die at the end of the game in the last chase because of Noed, but that wont happen if you dont rush gens and do the bones, and you can also just...avoid the killer...so he cant hit you-i like noed ( as a killer and surv player), i reckon its an equaliser for the killer and a greater thrill as a survivor, and i prefer a more stealthy play style (i suck at chases aswell) so it just makes me feel great knowing that if the killer finds me im basically dead, really increases the thrill

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

As a killer main, I cannot stand using NOED due to the fact that it doesn't feel rewarding to me!

As a survivor I love dealing with NOED because it makes weigh my options and save determine if the risk is worth it!

• Freddo
    Freddo Member Posts: 139

Kinda your teams fault if they tried to save against a facecamper, should've done the gens.

• CaulDrohn

I can agree with that. The other perk you mean is rancor, that one does not make the obsession exposed when the hatch gets closed by the killer.

• CaulDrohn

You obviously did not read properly. My post was about a face camper using noed (and bitter murmur, btw). This puts you in a lose-lose scenario. You cannot safely unhook, esp. against Bubba, so you gotta crank out gens. But you have to do that fast and have no time for doing the totems, too. Which will consequently activate Noed+Bitter murmur, allowing the killer to down/slug tha remaining survivor (two will likely be dead due to the camping, then). This is one of the (rare) occasions where the Noed effect is NOT fine, since "just do bones" does not work.