Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Reverse Bear Trap Escape?

JHondo
JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I just had a game against a Pig where she downed me last after closing hatch so EGC started and put a trap in my head. She let me wiggle off and I finished opening the gate because "I'm not gonna try every box and I don't feel like waiting out EGC to die" so I went to leave and the game actually let me escape. Is this a bug or has that always been by design? I am so confused but happy I got my escape as Adam challenge done finally with the long queue times due to Bloodlust boycotting.

Comments

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593

Reverse Bear Traps are activated by generators being repaired.

If a RBT isn't active, the survivor can leave without dying.

• JHondo
    edited November 2020

Gotcha, good to know. Guess she just wanted to use her last trap up to get some BP before I left. Usually when I play against Pig she's such a tunneling master that she should be called "The Mole" so I hardly live to the end in solo.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Note that this was not originally the case. Previously (before the EGC update), walking out the Exit Gate with a Trap on would always kill you (barring circumstances where the Killer tried to put you right at the exit to "force" a kill). Some people don't realize that this is no longer the case, and others erroneously believe that you can now just walk out with RBTs no matter what (I've seen at least a few die to this assumption).

• JHondo

That explains a lot when I play as Pig. Usually don't have any traps left at end game though so I've never seen someone leave with an inactive trap on before.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

They haven't always been like that but currently they only activate when a gen is repaired. You can also always leave via hatch with a trap on. Also, queues seem as long as always. I love that killer mains are possibly boycotting something the devs are just testing. I'm sure that's great for the health of the game.

• JHondo

I'd be boycotting killer too but I'm done with those Tome challenges so I just did my two killer dailies and have been playing lobby simulator (Survivor) all night. I'm all for testing and find it ridiculous that killer mains are up in arms about a test, it's what the test may lead to that has me worried. BL 1 is entirely necessary untill all maps have been reworked, and given BHVRs track record on making proper balance changes I won't hold my breath. Until that point I believe it shouldn't be touched because it makes half the killer roster less viable and makes playing Survivor against a killer with no anti loop power even more brainless.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

when EGC was introduced her hats were changed to not be active immediately once all gens were done, because egc was 2 minutes (3 if someone is downed) and it takes you 1 box all the way to 2.5 minutes (if you go to trap trigger) once it is active. so they still get points to put the trap on but it does nothing more for them like it used to. Also before there was away for people to get out with a hat, by the pig picking them up and carrying them across the line and dropping you past the mid point (where it'd trigger) and you could get out.