I love being forced to use ds

Than killers wonder why it's so strong. STOP TUNNELING

Comments

• SilentHillOnDvD
    SilentHillOnDvD Member Posts: 487

I just got tunneled by a clown lol I looped him a the house of pain and I guess he didn't like that so he decided to take me out the game

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

I won't make any assumptions, but just because DS procs, it doesn't mean you were tunnelled. If you were, say, doing a gen or something, then you were not tunnelled—you were doing your objective, and its the killer's to stop you.

• Chinanumawaaan
    Chinanumawaaan Member Posts: 131

No, this is why I am so against perks like WGLF. I honestly believe that DS was implemented mistakenly for tunneling killers. Killers are opportunistic (whether its the right choice in the moment is sometimes questionable). DS punishes killers for unhookers farming teammates.

Idk, getting tunneled by a killer never bothered me when it makes sense. I think its time the community stops complaining about it and starts calling (in my experience) survivors that farm teammates out for ######### up their experience.

I would support a change that gave survivors better utility to escape when unhooked during stage 2 if unhookers were exposed for like 20-30 seconds.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I love how killer mains pretend most people don't prefer to just tunnel. I try to take hits for my teammates when the killer just straight up camps and there are so many times where they walk around me just to tunnel. I also get farmed a lot as a solo survivor and there's nothing I can do about it. Why shouldn't I have some chance of being able to keep playing, especially when waiting 10+ minutes for a game on console is common?

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I would support that kind of change

But BT is a thing and survivors think "oh well I have BT"

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I can see killers abusing that if they camp tho, but I can't think of the perfect, balanced 'fix' for it. I don't mind DS-- It's one chance to get outta my big, meaty claws and then it's over lol! But I have been hardcore tunneled before (running past other survivors to get me even when I'm uninjured and avoiding objectives to get me out for some reason) and most of my tunneling is from teammates that don't wait to save me. It's just obnoxious, and I wish there was a good way to counter!!

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

DS will activate indiscriminately whether you're being genuinely tunneled or a sperg who runs straight to the killers face and gets downed again.

• Chinanumawaaan
    Chinanumawaaan Member Posts: 131

Survivors perceive everything as tunneling and usually those who are hooked are a weak link anyway. Countless times I have chased the unhooker to be lead back to the hooked one. Also doesnt help when the unhooker just runs off or hides to leave the unhooked out to dry. in 80% of my games as survivor tunneling is a direct result of bad survivor play where selfishness is disguised as altruism.

• I grab people by accident and get DS'd sometimes. I don't overly care, I don't like actively go "AHHH KILL ___ OFF HOOK" but I don't just...not attack people that are a good target either.

Sometimes I'll eat a DS by accident and then they run into a wall and I am like well okay free kill then and take it.

A killer should punish mistakes, but not be toxic by just giving up on the actual game to ream one person out of the game or troll some particular person. If you are getting tunneled because you are being cocky cause you have DS, that's on you.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

You aren't forced to run the perk. I have the perk on every survivors and tbh I don't run it.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

So are we ever gonna hold the unhooker accountable or does the jerk quentin who unhooks me next to the killer with bt just for wglf stacks get away with it?

I genuinely dont get why people let the unhooker off with a botched save. He or she is gonna do it again and thatnks to ds they will be rewarded for it by having a survivour who can run to the closest gen and finish it.

If the kiler trys to stop him the best they can hope for is a slug. If they have unbreakable then your screwed. Please next time your thinking of posting a coment or discussion be CONSTRUCTIVE.

Consider what you would do in the difficult situation above if there is no answer then you have a serious problem.

Play killer. Commit the time to learning the role I can't count the number of times i saw a person complain about a problem and then when confronted with the other side perspective the response on what to do is some variation of git gud (I don't know too complicated for me) or take the L and move on to the next game.

• Sif
    Sif Member Posts: 51

I play both survivor and killer, mainly killer.

Honestly I always felt like DS should be made a base feature of the game. The killers whining about it most likely are the tunneling problem players. They don't think about how fun it is for that survivor to have you barreling towards them as soon as they get unhooked. They have a right to enjoy the game just as much as you do. I don't have problems with DS because im not a tunneling douche.

So DS should be made a standard feature and the perk should beef up that feature. Maybe by making the window longer and/or stun last longer w/e.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    edited November 2020

I never get to use DS even if killer tunnel me, hug safe loops and buy enough time for your team to do gens. tip: Its ok to do a early killer shack pallet drop if the killer refuse to leave you alone

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

Ds should be basekit, so tunneling will disappear

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

oh c'mon dude,, let's not pretend tunneling isn't meta right now..

I'm not saying you cant do it,, but you dismiss OPs post as if this is not the case.

Have an opinion, contribute to the discussion, don't just insult OP and bury your head in the sand about tunneling.

Perhaps discuss why it is meta, or needed, or a good strategy.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Blame, once again, big name streamers who act as if tunneling is legit and fair. especially when you are playing killers like bubba or pig.

They do that to 'entertain their audience' and unfortunately being a condescending prick sells.

• doggomanno
    doggomanno Member Posts: 15

Personally I think ds was made to stop tunneling but has become a bigger issue. It's no longer used to prevent urself from being tunneled, but used to make riskier plays with no consequences. I think by making it de activate once you're healed to full or are working on a generator for 5 seconds. I've had so many times when I instadown a healthy survivor and they ds me. Even when it feels like I haven't seen them in 2 minutes. The games flow doesn't accommodate for a 60 second window of invincibility where being picked up or grabbed has no consequences. Maybe to help balance it, the timer goes down to 45 seconds but during chase and if the killer can see you and is 12 meters away from chase range, then it stops as well. This helps prevent shadow tunneling where they stay far enough back to not activate a chase but close enough to keep an eye on you. Im just spitballing and if you have a good idea let me know, because this perk needs a rework. Badly.

• Xeticus
    Xeticus Member Posts: 71

I tunnel MORE because of DS. I assume everyone has it and tunnel them extra hard to force them to use it early. If you have it I want you to use it at 5 gens or 3 gens and not at end game. And once you use it and don't haver that crutch anymore I'm going to tunnel you out of the game. I play meaner to compensate.

• Xavier22
    Xavier22 Member Posts: 160

Tunnelling is very strong. I play 90% survivor and 10% killer, but when I do play killer and I see no obsession in that bottom left corner.......ez 4k