We need a "no DS, BT, Unbreakable, Adrenaline, OoO" weekend

Retromind
Retromind Member Posts: 156
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Anyone else ? Seeing the Survivor mains screeching bloodlust was an old and unnecessary mechanic to help newbie killers to catch up and get on an equal footing due to unbalanced map designs, I feel like it's about time BHVR gathered some data about absence of these "second-chance" perks.

Post edited by Rizzo on
ยซ13

Comments

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

yeah but they want want all the killer equivlents turned off too: Noed, insidous, blood warden, sloppy, franklin's or even bbq

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,940

I think they just added something interesting a new into the game without realizing. Removing Bloodlust as an Experiment which basically means they change the game in some way, and it makes everything more interesting.

Seeing a no Perk Weekend or a no Addon Weekend would actually be interesting, or anything for a Weekend.

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

Bloodlust is gonna stay anyway lol. Which's the largest amount of the playerbase? Low ranked killers and survivors. All killers would rather bloodlust staying, however the only wants that want it removed are low ranked survivors. High rank survivors don't mind bloodlust, so, since the part of the playerbase that wants it back is so big, it will remain.

Although I'd love to see Beast of Prey reworked soon. Such useless perk lol

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Variables must be isolated, so they wouls have to do it one perk at a time. The devs can already filter stats for specific situations. In your scenario, DS would be redundant to test, because they can already look at games with no obsession. The first guy gets tunneled to death and that's it.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

They already know what would happen.

All they have to do is look up matches in which no survivor brought those perks.

Bloodlust is a BUILT-IN mechanic. Not a perk.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618
    edited November 2020
  • gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Singling perks out will just cause frustration and arguaments. Especially with the fact that you didn't include any killer perks. Better to do a no perk weeked. Better yet

If they have multiple different versions of reworks of perks in the pipeline why not do the TF2 beta thing and just let us play with them for a weekend or so and see which ones are too weak or too strong?

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

Your brain is massive and I'm so jealous!! But great points, and I barely noticed a difference with BL as both a survivor and a killer. I have been playing for awhile as well and I got... intense lol and it's going fairly well. I would like BL back and I know that the 'small pp' build is hated but I don't get why. I have played against some amazing survivors who use it well and I appreciate them working hard and cooperating :)!

• Clueless
    Clueless Member Posts: 340

That would be pretty cool to see how much perks carry. Genrush and tunneling is all you would get most likely though :(

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

They just need to remove OoO altogether

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531

Hey, why not. Just to "test things out". :D

• FabsRinas
    FabsRinas Member Posts: 169

They should do one surv and one killer perk disabled per weekend

And dont say BBQ should be disabled, it's just blood points by now

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

We know exactly what would happen if that occurred, and it would legitimately break the game to have the ability to counter camping and tunneling removed from survivors.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

I wouldn't mind to see no perk mode, people always cry which side has stronger perks. Remove all perks from both sides and we could see

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442

Insidious and blood warden are bad perks.

JUST DO BONES

Sloppy is meta? Hardly

Franklins is only good against keys really.

BBQ is only for bloodpoints, Thrilling is actually better and if it werent for the bloodpoints people wouldn't use BBQ.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

We need a perkless weekend and a weekend with an extra perk slot

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

insidious is a notorious hook camping perk with no other uses and is hated for it

noed and blood warden are the most hated surprise perks

sloppy isnt meta? do you not play oni or any stealth killers?

franklins- you know what i feel like your missing the point of my post. what i am listing are the most hated killer perks in the game not the meta for the record insidous, blood warden and franklin's arent meta by anyone's standards but fraklins is pretty good on trap killers including pig

some killers do benefit greatly from bbq to the point of prefering it over other info perks mainly doctor and huntress but it is better than thrilling without bp bonuses

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

This logic is so flawed

Kill rates are going to be lower while bloodlust is gone. So does that mean this no blood lust weekend is just gonna tell the devs that blood lust needs to be in the game forever? No, the killers that rely on it are just gonna have to adapt to not having it.

So maybe there would be higher kill rates because survivors can no longer rely on their seconds chance perks and would have to adapt to become better?

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Where did Bloodlust come into this conversation ๐Ÿ˜‚ my logic isn't flawed lol

What I said was correct. If the only perks to counter campers/tunnellers are DS and BT then without both the killers should be free to tunnel and camp however they want.

• SilentHillOnDvD
    SilentHillOnDvD Member Posts: 487

I would much rather them get rid of the sprint burst when you get hit by the killer for a weekend and see how that goes

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

No OoO week-end to increase surviving sTaTs ? Why not !

• oh_0k

Bloodlust came into this conversation when I compared it to what you were saying

What you said was not correct. There are many more perks that help with camping and tunneling but DS and BT are the strongest. If we were to remove them for a week it would make people learn to not go for unsafe unhooks and not to get caught after getting unhooked. It would also make people use different perks like off the record or babysitter which would lead to more interesting games instead of survivors just hiding in lockers after they get unhooked to escape the killer with no effort or people do unsafe unhooks with no consequences.

• CashelP14

Oh I thought you maybe saw BT and misread it as BL lol

You really aren't listening. Take a moment and think. Imagine I'm camping a survivor on the hook or hard proxy camping. What can survivors do to save that survivor? Answer: Nothing.

I don't understand how I still need to explain this. It has nothing to do with getting unsafe unhooks, it's about getting any safe hooks at all.

BL has nothing to do with this. You still have other perks to help you in chases. Bamboozle in particular destroys a lot of god loops.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

"Screeching."

I mean that's a descriptive word, I suppose.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

So if they did that and it leads to some sort of data anomaly, how would they have any idea what actually caused it? For testing it makes far more sense to change as few variables as possible. Disabling a single perk (lets say DS for example) makes sense, disabling all perks makes more sense than disabling a specific selection even. As that's in some ways similar to disabling bloodlust - entirely eliminating a base mechanic for testing purposes.

I actually have nothing against just about any test weekend I can imagine right now as I think it's a cool idea, but gotta keep in mind what actually makes sense to do from a data-gathering testing perspective.

• oh_0k

What can survivors do to save that survivor? Answer: Nothing they should do gens and escape while they killer gets a 1k depips, gets hardly any bp, and learns that camping is not a good way to play and therefore they will change and no longer camp. And if you really want to save them work as a team with the other survivors to save them.

I don't get why people think every game the killer is gonna camp or tunnel if these perks are removed, newsflash they wont. And only bad killers need to tunnel or camp to get kills so if your losing against bad killers with crutch perks than maybe you should be working on bettering your gameplay.

• Chekita
    Chekita Member Posts: 184

Nah, I preffer that people can use those perks and have a rework on DS immunity. Something like if another player is hooked the time is shaved off some percentage during match and if the gates are open the time is lost if another player is downed. Something much more worth testing.

• CashelP14

Someone please help me. I genuinely can't handle this anymore ๐Ÿ˜‚ someone who has over 1000 hours on both sides please come and back me up here lol

How do you work as a team to save them lol you don't have BT. The killer just immediately hits them, downs them and hooks them within 10 seconds. As long as the killer stays close that person will die. Only a flashlight can save them but bring Lightborn and that's no problem.

If you've played this game long enough you'd understand the difference in a game where there is and isn't an obsession.

• oh_0k
    edited November 2020

It's called taking a hit

Also:

I have pretty much equal time on both sides

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

I do think they should do more experiments like this, but just outright removing all of the survivor perks at once would be insane.

We already know removing DS would promote tunnelling, when they could just change it to make it a true anti-tunnelling perk and not a free minute of invulnerability that it is now.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

I'll do that for the rest of 2020, u have my word

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

it would be a festa for killers camping and getting rid of survivors ASAP after hook.

• CashelP14

So 900 each side? That's nice. Hopefully someone with over 1000 hours on each sides comes on soon lol

I can't wrap my head around it. How don't you see a weekend without both BT and DS being a bad idea?

• oh_0k
    1. stop being one of those people
    2. You obviously haven't been listening to what I've been saying at all lol