If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Trying to figure out a main

Options
NeoGriim
NeoGriim Member Posts: 18

Hello everyone!

I had a massive post explaining my play style and the pros and cons to my choices but honestly it can really be narrowed down to a very short, very simple post.

I played Leatherface to 35 to learn the game and get BBQ and Chili but I don't like his play style, I'd rather ambush people.

So I went with Wraith, who works well at lower ranks, but I don't plan on staying at a lower rank and with him having no chase skill and nothing extra, his "ambush" isn't really even an ambush, you appear but it takes you an entire 3-4 seconds to jump in. So my choices are basically as follows.

The nurse - Difficult as heck, can't get a grasp on her blink and I feel like it's going to take a long time of me having crap games to really get a hang of her.

The Pig - Easier, but less utility, still has a good ambush and hides her terror radius which is what I'm looking for, big downside is that she doesn't have much for a chase unless they're trying to loop you.

I enjoy playing the pig. So basically my question is below (coincidentally it's the tl;dr section too)

TL;DR: Should I for the Nurse who I suck with currently but know that with enough training and such she's pretty much a top tier killer with a sky high skill cap, or should I play the pig who's a mid tier killer but easier to play.

Comments

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

Myers is considered as the king of jumpscares, but if you want a really powerful killer as well, I may suggest you Hag. With Monitor & Abuse, she is a mix between Nurse and Myers. Although she's harder to master than Nurse, it's not a matter of muscle memory if you struggle with that. But beware, you have to be really tactical with her.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

Go with Pig. I am a Pig main and can say it is pretty fun once you master her. The skill cap is much higher than you would think. One tip, though - don't crouch around the map. Only do that in low ranks. It is way too slow, and with the "get gens, get out" mentality of the very high ranks you simply cannot afford to be that slow.
    Also, do NOT go with Hag. I do not know why Soren suggested that, they seem like a pretty nice person from their other posts. The only reason to level Hag is to get Hex: Ruin.
    The suggestion of Myers is good though. His skill cap is probably the lowest of all Killers, but is good if you have decent add-ons for him.

• NeoGriim
    Options

I don't own the hag yet, but will be getting her with shards after 2.0 roles out and I get some shards. I'll definitely consider her as a main after I level her up a bit and get to see how she works.

• NeoGriim
    Options

@RagingCalm said:
    Go with Pig. I am a Pig main and can say it is pretty fun once you master her. The skill cap is much higher than you would think. One tip, though - don't crouch around the map. Only do that in low ranks. It is way too slow, and with the "get gens, get out" mentality of the very high ranks you simply cannot afford to be that slow.
    Also, do NOT go with Hag. I do not know why Soren suggested that, they seem like a pretty nice person from their other posts. The only reason to level Hag is to get Hex: Ruin.
    The suggestion of Myers is good though. His skill cap is probably the lowest of all Killers, but is good if you have decent add-ons for him.

I like the tactics behind the hag. I'd like the trapper himself if he didn't have to gather his traps, I know she's low tier but having an ambush during a chase is a pretty cool concept.

I know about the pig crouch speed thing. I think the main issue I'd have with the pig is crouching at the right time, although I think the whisper perk could really help there, as soon as I hear the entitiy whisper I crouch and hunt.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

@NeoGriim another neat thing about Pig is that her terror radius is only 28 meters, not the standard 32 like most other Killers. I think Hag's terror radius is 24, but she is very slow and therefore fails at chases. She relies on pure luck that the survivors will run into your traps, or not find flash lights in a chest.

• NeoGriim
    Options

I went and started playing the nurse after posting the original post btw. I still suck with her, but I had 2 rituals with her considering I've been on the PTB for a few days and built up rituals, so I was able to boost her up a bit. I definitely have to get her to 40 regardless of my choice to main because nurses calling seems like a great perk. Her other two aren't anything to laugh at either. I'm going to play her through to 40 (unless she drives me insane before then of course) and if I haven't improved a large amount before then, I'll probably main Pig.

• NeoGriim
    Options

@RagingCalm said:
    @NeoGriim another neat thing about Pig is that her terror radius is only 28 meters, not the standard 32 like most other Killers. I think Hag's terror radius is 24, but she is very slow and therefore fails at chases. She relies on pure luck that the survivors will run into your traps, or not find flash lights in a chest.

I didn't know that, i thought her radius was standard unless you were crouching. Thanks for the tip. I'm most likely going to main her unless I get incredibly good with the nurse in the time it takes to level her up from 20-40 (i'm at level 20 now)

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

if you like stealth, you have 3 choices :

Myers : A strong pick. A good training for killer, too, since he basically relies on the base kit of killers (even tho he improves it in EW3) to kill. He requires Monitor and abuse tho, and some good knowledge of the base kit itself.

Pig : A average to strong pick. His ambush is kinda weak to surprise people tho, due to SPrint burst being meta. That being said, it can still find a few uses. It's also good to use in chase if you have GOOD MINDGAMES. Example :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-frXsqozY4&feature=youtu.be

I highly suggest this guide : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di_ixvw19mU

Hag : Very hard to play, not super quick paced, but definitely deadly with Monitor and Abuse. It will asks for you MONTHS tho, to figure out the best trap placement, and requires quite the patience and experience in the game not to go crazy or turn into a basic ultra-camping hag.

• Soren
    Options

@RagingCalm said:

Well they wanted an ambush killer that also destroys at high ranks fairly well... Otherwise I would suggest Myers / Pig because they can pull great moves yet still be rather easy to have a first grasp (although I agree that skillcap to master Pig is quite high), but you can't have everything you know... Usually I never suggest Hag to start with, lol, she is very very long to learn.

• Soren
    Options

@NeoGriim said:
    I like the tactics behind the hag. I'd like the trapper himself if he didn't have to gather his traps, I know she's low tier but having an ambush during a chase is a pretty cool concept.

She's high tier though, but you'll struggle for several months before getting good with her, like Runiver said. I just suggested her because she's the only high tier killer that is also an ambush one, and you seemed to care a lot about ranking up.

• Runiver
    Options

@Soren said:

@NeoGriim said:

She's high tier though, but you'll struggle for several months before getting good with her, like Runiver said. I just suggested her because she's the only high tier killer that is also an ambush one, and you seemed to care a lot about ranking up.

+1 this.
    Hag is very top tier once you know how to play her properly.
    Especially after the possible vacuum removal coming in a few days.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    Why pick a main? Play all the killers, you can get as good with any killer as just about any other killer main in this game. There's no need to dedicate too much time to one single killer as most are mechanically the same anyway, and aside from a few specific power related techniques, it still all comes down to how well you can chase. 

Play them all and find out for yourself who plays to your specific desires. I wouldn't bother asking because they may deter you from a killer you like. Of you like Freddy or wraith, play them, you may find a way to play perks on them with certain add ons that works well. And if you don't find a man, at least you got to see all the game has to offer.
  • Runiver
    Options

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    Why pick a main? Play all the killers, you can get as good with any killer as just about any other killer main in this game. There's no need to dedicate too much time to one single killer as most are mechanically the same anyway, and aside from a few specific power related techniques, it still all comes down to how well you can chase. 

Play them all and find out for yourself who plays to your specific desires. I wouldn't bother asking because they may deter you from a killer you like. Of you like Freddy or wraith, play them, you may find a way to play perks on them with certain add ons that works well. And if you don't find a man, at least you got to see all the game has to offer.

Picking a main is quite useful is you started the game to be able to efficiently farm BP without having to spread your bps around all killers.
    It's also pretty good to know you have a character that you can play well and perform decently with, and get decent BP with even when you have pretty bad rounds since you're used to his mecanics.

I play all killers except for Freddy, LF and Nurse, but I know that, when I feel annoyed, I just pick Billy and have some great times without stressing it out too much since he's my main since day 1 and I can always rely on this dude to provide me a decent match.

• NeoGriim
    Options

Thank you everyone for your replies. I think that the hag will be my next unlock, it was going to be the doctor but hearing if she's played correctly the hag is high teir has me thinking that maybe she's the better choice, especially as this week's shrine got me the perk I wanted from the doctor (overcharge).

Playing a couple more games with the nurse I'm finding that I do fantastic in every category except for sacrificing. I guess I'm so bad with her that people love to taunt me, I'll have entire teams up close to me trolling the living daylight out of me while their team mate hangs on the hook dying and I desperately try to keep it that way, leaving me with 1 kill each round but 24k BP in the other three categories because I keep getting hits, losing them, chases auto pop because they come to me and generally they'll even tease me around a generator until I can down one of them. It's frustrating, but everyone's pretty happy at the end of the game, even me considering I generally come out with 30k blood points plus whatever bonus I have on and not even coming close to pipping.

• Soren
    Options

@NeoGriim said:
    Thank you everyone for your replies. I think that the hag will be my next unlock, it was going to be the doctor but hearing if she's played correctly the hag is high teir has me thinking that maybe she's the better choice, especially as this week's shrine got me the perk I wanted from the doctor (overcharge).

Playing a couple more games with the nurse I'm finding that I do fantastic in every category except for sacrificing. I guess I'm so bad with her that people love to taunt me, I'll have entire teams up close to me trolling the living daylight out of me while their team mate hangs on the hook dying and I desperately try to keep it that way, leaving me with 1 kill each round but 24k BP in the other three categories because I keep getting hits, losing them, chases auto pop because they come to me and generally they'll even tease me around a generator until I can down one of them. It's frustrating, but everyone's pretty happy at the end of the game, even me considering I generally come out with 30k blood points plus whatever bonus I have on and not even coming close to pipping.

Doc is strong as well, just not an "ambush" killer as you asked.
    If you ever need advices to Hag, feel free to come by ^^

Don't worry about Nurse, she is designed to be hard to play! Don't forget that you're not forced to play a specific killer, just stick with the one most intuitive for you ^^

• Runiver
    Options

@NeoGriim said:

Be really careful about the Hag tho.
    I only suggest you to get her if you REALLY wish to play competitively, and not casually. And provided with a LOT of experimentations with traps. If you have a really low playtime, I'd suggest you to simply go with Doc instead as he's easier to play (even tho he can still be quite hard to master) and more comfortable.

If you really wish to commit to her tho, there's some discord to join that can help you around and give you advices about her, to play her properly and know what and where to trap, and why, especially

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    Runiver said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:

Picking a main is quite useful is you started the game to be able to efficiently farm BP without having to spread your bps around all killers.
    It's also pretty good to know you have a character that you can play well and perform decently with, and get decent BP with even when you have pretty bad rounds since you're used to his mecanics.

I play all killers except for Freddy, LF and Nurse, but I know that, when I feel annoyed, I just pick Billy and have some great times without stressing it out too much since he's my main since day 1 and I can always rely on this dude to provide me a decent match.

Good point, definitely makes sense from a farming perspective. 
  • NeoGriim
    Options

I've been playing the nurse a bit since I last posted, trying to unlock the teachable nurses call for everyone. I've gotten a tid bit better with two 4-kill games in a row, my points are still usually high but I'm not getting pips other than those two games, not that pips are everything, not, at least, until I choose my main and decide I want to be competitive about the game rather than treating it as a XP grind.

She's kinda hit and miss with me so far. I'm level 30 now and took a break for frustration sake, I'll probably hop on her for a bit later. Hitting people is still super difficult unless I'm really close and can do a quick blink to get them. Otherwise, a handful of survivors have been able to pretty much kite me until 2-3 generators are done, it sucks, that stun is fatal.

I'm sure I said this before but as soon as I hit 40 with her I'm probably going to rotate to another killer, most likely pig until I can unlock hag to give her a try when I can buy her with shards in the future. Eventually I'll buy The Shape when I get the money and I'll give all the suggestions in this thread a try... eventually. Thanks for the advice everyone.

• HIPSTERLION
    HIPSTERLION Member Posts: 323
    Options
    NeoGriim said:

Hello everyone!

I had a massive post explaining my play style and the pros and cons to my choices but honestly it can really be narrowed down to a very short, very simple post.

I played Leatherface to 35 to learn the game and get BBQ and Chili but I don't like his play style, I'd rather ambush people.

So I went with Wraith, who works well at lower ranks, but I don't plan on staying at a lower rank and with him having no chase skill and nothing extra, his "ambush" isn't really even an ambush, you appear but it takes you an entire 3-4 seconds to jump in. So my choices are basically as follows.

The nurse - Difficult as heck, can't get a grasp on her blink and I feel like it's going to take a long time of me having crap games to really get a hang of her.

The Pig - Easier, but less utility, still has a good ambush and hides her terror radius which is what I'm looking for, big downside is that she doesn't have much for a chase unless they're trying to loop you.

I enjoy playing the pig. So basically my question is below (coincidentally it's the tl;dr section too)

TL;DR: Should I for the Nurse who I suck with currently but know that with enough training and such she's pretty much a top tier killer with a sky high skill cap, or should I play the pig who's a mid tier killer but easier to play.

Go with hag she's 100% ambush .
    And honestly don't go with nurse , even nurse mains don't play her that much because after a while she becomes annoying to play with .
  • NeoGriim
    Options
    NeoGriim said:

Hello everyone!

Go with hag she's 100% ambush .
    And honestly don't go with nurse , even nurse mains don't play her that much because after a while she becomes annoying to play with .
    I can see why she'd be annoying with that stun on her. It gets old really fast  I plan on getting her to 40 then dropping her after I unlock her perks