Chapter 18 will be incomplete upon release...so why not delay it?

2»

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I believe it is more than a reasonable assumption. We've already seen the changes that the devs have lined up, we know what changes they are aiming to have ready in time for the live release, and we know what changes they are aiming to have pushed out as soon as possible. If they weren't aiming to push the last few parts out in a timely manner, they wouldn't be announcing any changes beyond the ones that they have lined up for the live release and would just push out a generic "we'll see how the Killer fares post-release and re-visit this in the future."

So I ask again: What difference does it make?

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

The devs seriously can never win with you guys can they? If they delayed it ppl would be going mad that they are delaying content and being slack etc etc.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

First of all, Sony and Microsoft are not publishers of dead by daylight. They don't dictate timelines of when content should be released on their platforms.

Secondly, while day one patches are far too common these days, such patches cease to exist with dead by daylight. Think of the insurmountable amount of bugs and glitches that seem to thrive with every new chapter release. It usually takes multiple months before such a thing is fixed, let alone killer or perk reworks.

Third, BHVR may not be greedy in your eyes, but all anyone has to do is point to the recent Halloween "event" to prove just how untrue that statement is. Charging gamers a battle pass in order to gain access to skins within an event, is not how you go about creating an event. After much dismay and out cry from their community, BHVR eventually reduced the price on the blight skins and gave us shards with which to purchase them, but for those gamers that had already purchased the outfits with their own money were s*** out of luck in the hopes of BHVR giving them a refund.

Lastly, yes game companies like BHVR are a business, but it's the money from our pockets that keeps businesses like BHVR in business. Without us buying their DLCs, buying their battle passes, buying their skins, etc, they would cease to turn a profit. Because of this it "pays" to listen to your community. For years the DBD community has been asking for more modes, better matchmaking, practice modes, etc. These requests have been made so often that we sound like a broken record, but that's only because BHVR continues to tell us that it's "not a priority", or that "maybe one day it could happen".

I love DBD like many of us do, but too many bridges have been burnt. These days I usually only play the game with friends, otherwise it's just not a good time for me anymore.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

I loved playing the Twins and look forward to their release. I'm happy they are coming out sooner rather than later. They likely might need more buffs like the recall timer being sooner and aura read on the Survivor being faster or immediate. But I for one was working around their weaknesses and learning how to pull stunts off. I don't need handed my wins. Some people won't be happy unless Victor has a uzi and Charlotte has a motorcycle.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

I think its a shame and disrespectful to us that they will release a dlc with no little to no changes. Personally I buy with shards but I think this killer might be a waste of even shards