Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

The oni

So I usually play oni however I’ve found myself at a slight stop I can’t think of anyway to improve but I know there’s something I can do I’m just not experienced enough so I’m wondering if anybody knows of a way I can improve with oni (btw I suck at snowballing which is really bad seen as though this character is based on this)

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

It would help if you would describe your playstyle?

I guess Infectious Fright is always considered good on Oni and helps with Snowballing. But I am not an Oni player myself..

• UnknownlyKnown
    UnknownlyKnown Member Posts: 57

Well, due to me not knowing what you do when you play as Oni, I'll just say a few tips.

Only activate your power if you see someone (not from a far away aura like BBQ) and if you expect to get a quick down. If you can get a quick down, with Infectious Fright and Monitor and Abuse, you can quickly begin snowballing, getting 2-3 downs per power use or maybe 4 if you are lucky.

Get your power early on by hitting someone and making them constantly vault or drop a pallet. Dropping pallets and vaulting while injured makes you drop blood everytime you do it, so instead of downing them (can't get blood while they are down, therefore no power, so worst option) or just breaking pallets (works, but less effiecent to get power compared to the strategy above), you can quickly get your power. Always go for extra hits on healthy people though, easily the fastest way to get your power.

Perks that I use on him:

BBQ and Chili - I use it for bloodpoints and because I'm used to it

Monitor and Abuse - 24m terror radius is good for an early hit and a 40m Infeectious Fright radius is super nice to have

Infectious Fright - A must have perk on Oni

Corrupt Intervention - Forces survivors to be closer to you in order to generators and the early game is the hardest for Oni, so I really like Corrupt on him

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Provide some gameplay from matches you had a lot of trouble with and we could help you by pointing out your mistakes and give you tips what you should work on

• mrnolikey
    mrnolikey Member Posts: 7

I completely forgot about describing my play style my bad XD so I haven’t got any clips of me playing but I can say my use of blood fury is really poor these days I can land demon strike consistently but my demon dash I can’t seem to get any better with it other than using it as a pressure tool to get people of gens this is where I’m kind of lacking if I’m honest

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

one tip if you are a mouse user. Your flick is based on the amount of DPI you have at the moment, higher DPI=easier to flick.

I have my DPI set on 1000 by default but with a press of a button I can switch up to 4000 DPI. So every time I go to blood fury mode I switch my DPI.

Oni flicks can lead to so many downs and you can get an amazing snowballing going once you learn how to use his power properly.

If you got trouble to get first hits then run monitor and abuse its almost a most have on Oni, so you can get that sneaky first hit. Try to track down survivors who work on dead zone gens or TL gens as that tile is usually easy to mindgame and get hits on as killer

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

I was very tempted to pick up Oni, but from all the high level builds I've seen, it looks like its practically necessary to also have the teachables for the Doctor (Monitor & Abuse), and the Plague (Infectious Fright). Is it even worth picking him up without these?

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Ok wow nevermind, picked him up and I got 3 wins as him even without levelling him up (just used the Obession perk he has, which I don't think even helped as I didn't see the aura once). One of the wins was a 4K too, he seems pretty powerful.