i know this is old but

the devs said ruin was reworked beccause it was so popular what about ds,borrowed time, self care, and every meta perk

Comments

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

No clue but I wouldn't say Self-care alone is meta.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742

Last I remember when these stats were given self care is the only perk rivalling old ruin at 80% usage, whilst perks like ds were only in the 40%s? They haven't been out for a while though so take this with a grain or seven of salt.

Also self care, a meta perk?

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

That wasn't the sole reason for Ruin's rework.

Old Ruin made it impossible to escape for newer survivors and made virtually no difference for experienced survivors who would hit perfect skillchecks (almost) every time.

New Ruin works the same for new and experienced survivors. You stay on the gen - it gets completed. You leave the gen - you lose said gen.

This concept makes new Ruin more fair than old Ruin while keepi g its powerful effect (slowing down gens).

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Self care is the best killer perk in the game :D

Old ruin was unnecessarily oppressive against new players that didn't have experience to land great skill checks, while only providing a minor inconvenience against seasoned survivors. Popularity alone was not what led to the change.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

Ruin's rework really made me start questioning the devs. They listed off everything except the life expectancy of the Totems its self how long it lasts in a match. That and it made me realize the weren't just lowering the skill ceiling for survivors they were destroying it. Ruin helped players grow above it instead of settling for the 1% shoot for the 5%.