Survivors can DC within first minute and the match stops?

Havent played in a couple months but I just had 2 matches on ps4 as the blight. Back to back someone dc within first minute and the match stops.

So basically survivors can now dictate who they can play against? Is their atleast a ban for the survivor who dc because they can't outplay a certain killer.

I was rank 6 btw, some people on here are super worried about rank lol

Comments

• exelse
    exelse Member Posts: 37

I believe there is a ban, but I totally get you! The amount of offering and add-ons I lost because of this behaviour just makes my eyes roll.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

There is at least a punishment system which will get worse the more often you DC.

but you know what? Killers can do that too! Actually had not that much more survivor DCs than killer DCs in the last couple weeks.

• If you disconnect during load in there is no ban; and it sometimes just takes the game like 5 - 20 seconds to even clue in that person did not connect.

The game is unstable and most crashes happen during load screen, so it sucks when they do this, but the only alternative would be to start issuing bans to people who crash on loading- which would not go over well with a lot of folks.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

You on PS4? This happens a lot, but it’s actually a bug. They don’t load in right, so while the match begins, one player is still on he loading screen. Sometimes long enough for heir character in-game to get crows. When they’re finally dropped, the match ends with the message saying someone disconnected while loading.

I’ve seen this from both sides of the issue. Had a match end after a really long load time telling me I was the one who disconnected. Again, this seems to be a mainly PS4 issue.