Thoughts on trapper

isnt it silly injured survivors who step on traps can still escape?

why does he still start with 1 trap base without addons why cant he start with 2..?

this killer is fun but plagued with so many issues lol

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Broadly if a survivor could never escape from a trap it could lead to a possible issue where a killer just leaves a survivor in a trap the whole game while they chase everybody else. Survivors need to be able to escape a trap after a bit to avoid that.

That being said I’m not really a fan of how survivors currently can get out of a trap just randomly really quickly. Sometimes they hit a trap and are out in just a few seconds, it’s kind of annoying.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I've always thought it should be a timed action with skillchecks. Making it RNG based can either hurt the killer or help them tremendously with no input from either side.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

I think it would be better to have a fixed escape time and when the survivor is injured its a longer escape time.

Trapper needs a basekit bag addon and the traps on the ground should spawn more in the middle of the map.

• IFollowScratchMarks
    IFollowScratchMarks Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2020

I think he should start with all of his traps in hand. He would still have to spend a lot of time on set up. But at this point literally any buff to his kit would be welcome.

And yeah, escaping traps should be less rng dependent. I wouldn't be opposed to a trap doing more to an injured survivor either, but I don't think it should put them into the dying state. Maybe deep wounds?

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383

I love trapper but what the point when no matter where you set the traps they all just get popped.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Just give him an extra trap, let him reload at lockers, update an add on or two maybe..boom

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I like him but don't enjoy playing him in red ranks unless i have at least a yellow bad and full perk layout.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I agree, I'm not sure why they didn't just make it similar to a Heal check where it takes, say, 10 seconds with a skill check that might speed or slow it.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

He's really addon dependant and has a lot of weaknesses as killer, which can be easily fixed with some adjustments imo. Having the yellow bag basekit could literally change the way to play trapper. I don't complain much tho since they did give us the ability to reset traps :3

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,469

The trapper is cool, I think think his mori is terrible. the wraiths too.

On some maps he's pretty much useless. try setting up traps on a map like the game and see if you actually catch anyone.

they changed slippery meat so it doesn't effect the bear traps anymore but that doesn't make them any harder to get out of. so often playing as a trapper survivors escape in a few seconds on their own anyway.