so i just noticed

the wraith with his new increased move speed addons while cloaked is basically a much better version of the spirit.......that can actually see survivors.....and their blood.....that walks at a normal speed......who also doesn't make Helen Keller noises.........pretty god job......so far.

Comments

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    But the Wraith can't immediately uncloak like the Spirit. Wait, that's all she has on him. Wraith for the win!
  • Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346
    edited September 2018

He still needs to uncloak unlike the spirit who can instantly attack. But on the negative - she can't see when she in her spirit form , only hear.
    That's why her skill ceiling is above the wraith ,and if you practice her a lot you will do better than a wraith..

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

She is also completely invisible only leaving a husk. Wraith has a shimmer you'd have to be blind to not see.

• Grey87
    edited September 2018

@DukeJukem said:
    who also doesn't make Helen Keller noises.........pretty god job......so far.

You do know she has addon to make it quieter, right?
    If you talk about wraith addons , you should also talk about spirit addons. Please no racism ;)

• DukeJukem
    DukeJukem Member Posts: 114

@Grey87 said:

@DukeJukem said:
    who also doesn't make Helen Keller noises.........pretty god job......so far.

You do know she has addon to make it quieter, right?
    If you talk about wraith addons , you should also talk about spirit addons. Please no racism ;)

ok so i quieter version of helen keller. i see no improvement lol

• DukeJukem

@FrenziedRoach said:
    She is also completely invisible only leaving a husk. Wraith has a shimmer you'd have to be blind to not see.

yea and with his speedy cloaked addons once u see the wraith he's already in your face if he saw you too because he walks so fast now. she may be invisible but she can be heard from a good distance while invisible. the wraith is unheard until he is in footstep range basically.

• DukeJukem

@Grey87 said:
    He still needs to uncloak unlike the spirit who can instantly attack. But on the negative - she can't see when she in her spirit form , only hear.
    That's why her skill ceiling is above the wraith ,and if you practice her a lot you will do better than a wraith..

also the wraiths power isnt countered by walking.....lol. her skill ceiling is too high for what she's capable of when comparing her to the specific wraith build im referring to right now. both of their powers make them invisible, but the wraiths has no limit and doesnt need to recharge unlike the spirit. i think alot of people will realize the wraith is a very similar killer to her if built right and can be much easier to play with

• Grey87

@DukeJukem said:

@Grey87 said:

also the wraiths power isnt countered by walking.....lol. her skill ceiling is too high for what she's capable of when comparing her to the specific wraith build im referring to right now. both of their powers make them invisible, but the wraiths has no limit and doesnt need to recharge unlike the spirit. i think alot of people will realize the wraith is a very similar killer to her if built right and can be much easier to play with

Wraith is not invisible though. If you have trouble spotting a wraith then you're not too experienced.
    He fully invisible only when he stands still.
    You can see him coming and you have more than enough time to start gunning before he can hit you , unless she uses best addons to uncloak faster. But if he uses the movement addons then he uncloaks very slow.

Bottom line - wraith is still weaker than spirit , even with the buffs he got.

• Grey87
    edited September 2018

PS
    Walking doesn't fully counter spirit.
    If you ran and she got on your scratch marks and followed them then she will still hear you (if the player got good headphones) even if you start walking.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@DukeJukem said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

yea and with his speedy cloaked addons once u see the wraith he's already in your face if he saw you too because he walks so fast now. she may be invisible but she can be heard from a good distance while invisible. the wraith is unheard until he is in footstep range basically.

Sure..... if you're in a generator that's completely surrounded on all sides.

But FFS, if you're on Blood lodge and you got one of the open generators in the pallet town, you'll see him long before he gets to you.

• ArkadyR3D
    ArkadyR3D Member Posts: 8

I agree the improvements to Wraith are awesome! Anyone though, who has any significant amount of time playing against him, is trained to see the shimmer. I love the improvements though!

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Peasant said:
    But the Wraith can't immediately uncloak like the Spirit. Wait, that's all she has on him. Wraith for the win!

Her passive "phasing" can actually make some smaller pallets much easier to mind-game...so I mean...she has that too?

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@MegaWaffle said:

@Peasant said:

Her passive "phasing" can actually make some smaller pallets much easier to mind-game...so I mean...she has that too?

Until they fix her by removing the "whoosh" (technical term there) noise she will be just a sad Wraith + Nurse hybrid with a face-based light burn. Her power is a crappy slow blink that reveals her location via sound.

• MegaWaffle

@Peasant said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Peasant said:

Until they fix her by removing the "whoosh" (technical term there) noise she will be just a sad Wraith + Nurse hybrid with a face-based light burn. Her power is a crappy slow blink that reveals her location via sound.

I'm not talking about her power, but her actual phasing when running around. It is better than I though when on smaller loop mind-game spots. Useless in most other cases but still a little something extra.

• DukeJukem

@MegaWaffle said:

@Peasant said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Peasant said:

I'm not talking about her power, but her actual phasing when running around. It is better than I though when on smaller loop mind-game spots. Useless in most other cases but still a little something extra.

smaller spots you say? yea but every other killer can handle those just as well as her besides hag and huntress because they walk as slow as her. when survivors know how to counter her, her power will all be based around guessing and you'll most likely be mind gaming yourself from what i've watched. i understand her concept is fun, but i don't feel it's optimal.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498

Idk if it was intended or a bug but I haven't been able to see the wraith recently there was another post called "wraith invisibility" or something like that. It said the same thing. I can't even see him when he is cloaked maybe it's a bug with the add ons or something but sometimes I can't see anything he just appears how of nowhere in front of me. 
  • MegaWaffle

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    FrenziedRoach said:

Idk if it was intended or a bug but I haven't been able to see the wraith recently there was another post called "wraith invisibility" or something like that. It said the same thing. I can't even see him when he is cloaked maybe it's a bug with the add ons or something but sometimes I can't see anything he just appears how of nowhere in front of me. 

I'm guessing its a bug with Wraith because I've used in yesterday in a few matches and the more experienced survivors could see me coming and ran off.