The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Temporary ban for getting booted

Had to wait 15 minutes to get into a match. FINALLY! Then as soon as the match started, I get booted/disconnected. So now the game thinks I quit and banned me from matchmaking. Anyone else have this problem??

Comments

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

No, because your first offense DC ban is, what, 2 minutes?

You can't wait 2 minutes?

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

You shouldn't get a matchmaking ban if the game ends because the Killer or another Survivor disconnected. Only if it's actually on your end, either through leaving the game manually, the game crashing, your internet cutting out, etc.

• No, not once. It's always worked properly for me; even when booted, disconnected, lagged out, loading crash, etc....

It's been very good, it has never punished me incorrectly.

• PbutterNjellie
    PbutterNjellie Member Posts: 2

Same here, after every update I get booted at least 4 times a day. Today on the 2 boot...got a 1/2 hr penalty.

You would think they would know the difference between a boot and someone just disconnecting. Really frustrating.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

It's literally impossible for a game to tell 'disconnect' from 'crash'.

All the game code sees is 'Client disappeared'. There's no data (due to your client going away) to send that says 'This is a crash, not an intentional disconnect'. Crash, alt-F4, powering off your router, losing power at your house; it's all just 'The client stopped sending data'. It's not at all possible, at current, for any program to know anything beyond 'You left'.

On top of that; if there was a way to determine 'crash' from 'Babyrage'; DCers would abuse it to babyrage out of matches without punishment.