If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Generators

Options

Will anything ever be done with them, be it a secondary objective like some have had an idea for, or just making them take longer to do?

Yeah cool, we got another perk to help with generators, Pop Goes The Weasel, while it is strong, it requires a survivor to have been hooked first, plus this is just another case of being forced to run another perk to help slow down generator progress.

Ruin is strong, but it is a totem (We know how that goes), any competent survivor can hit the "Great" skill checks until it is done, with minor slip ups. There are also gen tappers, which as the DEVs have said is perfectly legit, much like how dribbling a DS survivor was also legit. (With the new changes though, dribbling isn't as effecting, since there is hardly a vacuum pick up anymore, but this is to go with the pallet changes) which is just fine

Overcharge can work sometimes, it hardly has any success at higher ranks though and it doesn't really stall progress until you stomp on the gen, and then it only works if they miss the skill check, which isn't super hard if we are all to be perfectly honest

You can ignore this post if you want to, I just got kinda ticked off at this one match I had. I had ruin up, found a survivor, managed to down him pretty quickly, but then 3 generators still popped (Ruin had not been found yet), then when 1 of them went for the rescue, one of the other 2 found it, and the generators proceeded to be blazed through like nothing.
They did have a toolbox, but it was a yellow, no BNP either. It was just kind of crazy that they got done so fast.

Comments

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

I see your frustration, and usually I think gens are super quick depending on the chase. I've had matches though where gens took forever because of the map pressure some killers were able to supply.

Definitely needs some tampering with, I played against this really good hag but I ran a chase for so long (Man I kept juking her but she really knew where to look and just kept at it), that not only did her hex get destroyed, but 3 gens popped as well. Maybe a bit too problematic for only one survivor,and even then she didn't even manage to hook me.

Ruin is a give or take, I've had games where we didn't even bother with the hex and still popped all 5 gens like that. Maybe some tampering with the speed or a cool new objective like you suggested wouldn't do any harm. Maybe what's really bringing the killers to frustration is time wasted chasing a survivor, with so many gens popping and then an easy escape.

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157
    Options

@Swiftblade131 I agree with the secondary objective! That could be lots of fun.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
    Options
    @Swiftblade131 I do have somewhat of an idea to generators but it usually get down voted and ignored. If you want to see the rework I made then tell me you want to see it because I'm more than happy to show you.
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

They've considered doing the whole "needing a part to finish the gen" idea before which imo would probably be the easiest and best thing to try.

Like after 50% require the Survivors to search for a part to complete the gen. If they get the part installed, the gen can no longer be regressed below 50%. I think that would be an interesting gameplay change.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    They've considered doing the whole "needing a part to finish the gen" idea before which imo would probably be the easiest and best thing to try.

Like after 50% require the Survivors to search for a part to complete the gen. If they get the part installed, the gen can no longer be regressed below 50%. I think that would be an interesting gameplay change.

that would be interesting, the only thing I am thinking of that still needs to be considered is how many of these parts spawn in the map. Just having the right amount of these can be great, but having too little or too many can cause issues. Also what if they killer hits a survivor holding a part. Maybe it breaks in their hand since they would have to pick up that part to put on the generator.

Also if the survivor got it to 50% and don't have the part, can the regression still go through while they go and find a part or no. Cause that is a big issue too depending on which way it goes.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

@Zanfer said:

@weirdkid5 said:

that would be interesting, the only thing I am thinking of that still needs to be considered is how many of these parts spawn in the map. Just having the right amount of these can be great, but having too little or too many can cause issues. Also what if they killer hits a survivor holding a part. Maybe it breaks in their hand since they would have to pick up that part to put on the generator.

Also if the survivor got it to 50% and don't have the part, can the regression still go through while they go and find a part or no. Cause that is a big issue too depending on which way it goes.

Yeah that sounds reasonable. If they get it to 50% but don't have the part installed, the Killer can regress it back to 0.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Zanfer said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Yeah that sounds reasonable. If they get it to 50% but don't have the part installed, the Killer can regress it back to 0.

Yeah I just thought of it too and that makes sense cause if the killer were to camp that gen then he would lose valuable time anyways

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2018
    Options

I had suggested on the Steam forums that there should be some sort of "stop gap" system in place to prevent the game from going too fast. Basically a reverse time limit where the game has to last a minimum of say 6 minutes unless the killer kills everyone.

My suggestion was to add a "power grid" to the game, whereby all generators and exit gates are connected. When you complete a generator is creates a small surge in the grid, creating a need for it to "cooldown". If you do too many generators in too short a time it creates a power surge in the grid that will blow out a previously completed generator and reset it's progress. The balance point would be around 3 gens, so you could pop 3 at the same time which puts the grid at 90%, and it must cooldown for say 2 minutes, as doing a 4th will blow one of the 3 gens and lock you at 3 gens (maybe also punish you for creating a power surge). But the numbers will need to be very tight, so to not negatively affect the average game where generators are done at a steady pace. The whole thing would be a simple bar above the current survivor UI that shows the power grid's cooldown progress. Then you could have killer/surv perks that negatively/positively affect the power grid.

I don't like the idea of a new objective because it's honestly hard enough as a survivor just starting out. And any new things you add will have a butterfly effect throughout the meta, which might potentially mean drastic changes to maps, perks, and killers. You want something non-invasive, which my idea is. It doesn't drastically alter the game, just forces a minimum time limit to give the killer time necessary for baseline gameplay.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    edited June 2018
    Options

Generators seem to be the problem, I know, but they are actually fine. The problem is that chases take way too long. The devs need to balance out chases, and that will in turn make gen rushing a bad tactic because if you are having a lengthy intercourse with the generator, then next thing you know all 3 survivors are hooked before you could finish 2 of them.
    EDIT - This may call for a nerf to gen regression speed though.

• Undying_Zombie
    Undying_Zombie Member Posts: 40
    Options

Tech speaking the totems are like a secondary objective. Same with saving other survivors. That said I do feel something needs to be done. You really feel the issue the higher rank you go. Ruin becomes mandatory and its easily destroyed.

Having parts you have to find might be interesting. I have seen people suggest this on the old forums as well as a few other places. The devs are mostly survivor players and they play low ranks.. So I doubt they see the issue as much as we do.. Due to that I doubt anything will be done.