Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

PC - Myers and the Ghost Face can't stalk

LeVoN
LeVoN Member Posts: 12

Start a match and can't stalk in any case.

Additional information

• Character played - 1. The Shape, 2. The Ghost Face
  • Perks played - 1. Thanatophobia, Monitor and Abuse, BBQ and Chili, Discordance, 2. Discordance, I'm all ears, Thanatophobia, BBQ and Chili
  • Addons - 1. Blond Hair, Tacky Earrings, 2. Walleyes Matchbook
  • Map - 1. Red Forest, 2. Coldwind Farm
  • Frequency of the issue - Everytime I have played.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• LeVoN

4.4.1 the issue is still here... But who does care?

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622
    edited December 2020

I played 2-3 games as the Shape (aka Michael Myers) 12 hours ago and haven't any issues with his stalking action.

It's weird... But I used common/uncommon addons and played on Coldwind farm too.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440

Same problem since new DLC come out. Both of them are unplayable for me.

• LeVoN

I have a small progress on achievement "I see you" so it worked since that achievement was released. I realised this on one of the dailies I had. And I'd heard about this problem but everything was OK with me. Now I can't find the solution that a guy in my situation has found. Probably I could reinstall the game, but I don't want to spend time on this espicially if it might be pointless.

• maaadinsomniac
    edited December 2020

I feel like my game is incomplete since new DLC, because my update was just only 1,8GB but other people included streamers have their update up to 2,7GB.

Mate, I just actually reinstalled the whole game, removed all folders connected to Dead by Daylight, in Steam folder every "381210" and in %localappdata% I removed DeadByDaylight and UnrealEngine. (Do not forget to backup your GameUserSettings, Input etc.).

Made clean install, for sure I just validate all files again and then I run one game for test. Voilà, my Ghost is stalking again. I think its same for Mikeyyy.

Try it!

Post edited by maaadinsomniac on
  • LeVoN

It was not a solution, however you gave me an idea. When I did the same (reinstall with backup) step I got the same problem (I couldn't stalk). But, I've tried to reset my settings (GameUserSettings.ini) and voila I could stalk. So I digged a little bit more and my problem were next settings:

ScreenScaleForWindowedMode=0

ScreenResolution=0

I have no idea why they were with these numbers and when I changed them to 100, everything came back to the working state.

Hope this will help someone.

• maaadinsomniac
    edited December 2020

This is exactly what I'm testing right now. Looks like the problem is in these two settings.

And you're right, these settings do nothing anyway, just turning off stalking ability. And I don't know where I get this, because I'm playing 1080p.