Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What prevents you from playing killer?

2»

Comments

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277

I get motionsick from a lot of First Person POV games. Not all, but some of the killers will make me nauseous to play.

When I do play killer I don't have the heart to kill anyone. I might hang them once or twice, but not kill unless it's for a challenge (or they're purposefully being obnoxious.)

Survivor doesn't give me either of those problems, plus I can on that side of things with my girl because it's one of the only cross platform games we can actually play together without triggering motionsickness.

Until I can afford a Playstation or she can afford a PC, we're stuck playing Dead by Daylight.

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 242

I only play killer because I love hooking/killing a sweaty survivor in swf teams.

But I also get a good laugh at the antics of bully swf teams.

Chase me chase me.

Sure I will ya plonker.

You're waisting your time as I don't give a rats ass about the number of kills I get.

It's just a game.

But bully swf teams, shocking map design for killer and survivor perks that nullify stealth killers will certainly not help killer becoming game of choice.

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195

Even with shadowborn the FOV is so bad it gives me headache and nausea.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

There are multiple reasons why I am getting less and less motivated to play killer, but the biggest reason has to be the bugged sound that makes survivors footsteps sound almost non existent.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Why don't i play killer...

1. I enjoy survivor more. Not because im a 'bully' with meta perks, (its sad i feel i have to verify this, but it almost seems necessary given some of the attitudes in the forum) but because i run a very specific niche build that i'm good at, and keeps me busy, plus i get more fun out of being chased than being the chasee
    2. Killer is more fun in KYF because you aren't isolated (seriously, give us multiple killer modes!)
    3. Because i suck major donkey testicles at killer unless playing Hag, and everyone seems to hate Hag despite the fact that i make it a point not to play her as the most campalicious in the land.
    4. I don't have as much time to play these days and prefer the role I have better experience with.
  • CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

The amount of anxiety that I have to go through as killer vs a good team. I'm tank 8 atm and I get matched with rank 1 commandos that know every single loop, every killer, how to counter em, all their perks and most of them run ds/unbreakables (I call em smol pps)

When I hook a survivor probably 2/3 gens are done, someone's already coming for the save, I get flashlight blinded, I can't pressure them enough, have to worry about keys, ds, dead hard, sprint burst, headons,ect.

Why play that when I can comfortably hold m1 on a gen and maybe move from one bush to the next as survivor?

I still play killer tho (most of the times) since I really wanna learn deathslinger.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

playing too much killer that i burn out.

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

Those dreaded tome challenges! Why are there so many for survivor! I need that new legion cosmetic on the rift so I'll have to get those survivor challenges if I don't wanna play day and night to make up.

On a normal day I try to play 50/50 but I'm more drawn towards killer lately. Survivor is fun but after a few horrible matches due to teamwork failure I go back to killer. If I want to relax I play my main killer with a build I'm comfortable with.

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

The only thing preventing me from playing Killer is Auto-Aim (sorry, "Aim Dressing") makes me miss my Feral Frenzy swings. I'd own up to it if I was genuinely boosted, because I want to get better at Legion, but if a survivor is in my face about to vault shack window, I swing, and suddenly I'm facing the basement entrance, yeah, ######### that.

• NotACompPlayer
    NotACompPlayer Member Posts: 193

Nothing. Killer is extremely enjoyable and you're permanently in control of the match and you get way more bp than while playing survivor.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

Not afraid of the killer. I can handle killers. I'm afraid of other survivors. They are more dangerous and lethal than the killer.

• Clyxxy
    Clyxxy Member Posts: 13

Probably being alone while playing killer. I love playing killer while in a call with a friend or two. Being alone is just boring playing killer.

• SheKIndaSucks
    SheKIndaSucks Member Posts: 46

I play both, but my interest in killer has fallen considerably. I have a stressful full time job, and so my time to play is fairly limited. I'd rather mess around on survivor and be able to do silly builds as opposed to sweat against rank 1 survivors every game. It's especially rough as the times I play (EU evenings) tend to bring out the SWFs pretty much every match. Rank 1 on both for context, though it is often very tempting to just derank killer back to green.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

It's just so much stress and for what? I could probably climb high up the Killer ranks if I really wanted too, but then I'd have to bring Undying and Ruin every game to properly have a chase nce, and on top of that I'd be forced to play certain Killers like Freddy constantly if I wanna win

Yeah no thanks