Please help I just want to vomit on people

Options
Rybe
Rybe Member Posts: 44

I bought Plague a while back, and I pretty much can't play her. There has to be something stupid I'm missing here.

I've played quite a few FPSs, so I can't imagine it's a pure bad aim problem. I can play Huntress just fine. Or at least when I wiff with axes, it all looks correct on my screen. That is not the case with plague.

I will spray people down from 3 feet away, and as far as I can tell they should be solid vomit, and they don't even get infected. Sometimes I'll see environmental stuff infected nowhere near where I was spraying, and I don't think it was grubby survivor hands. It's weird enough I'm wondering if it's some sort of latency/computer issue. But it wouldn't make sense if I have no problem with Huntress. People animation locked in windows are juicy axe targets, but people animation locked in windows on Plague are a coin toss.

I started assuming pretty early it was a projectile speed problem ruining my tracking, so started the mouse shaking spray technique. No dice. Aim for the head, back, booty, full charge, tiny belches. No real difference.

Please teach me how to not suck ):

Comments

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486
    Options

You better start facecamping and vomit on those pesky survs coming to unhook ...

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

They've recently messed with her aiming.

I don't play her, I know nothing of her, but I am up to date on updates and nerfs/buffs and tweaks.

They did touch her aim.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited December 2020
    Options

It could be a hitbox/server issue, or you're aiming wrong and I'd suggest getting closer to survivors before you start vomiting. Plague has been notoriously buggy since release. Seems like there's something wrong with her in literally every single new content patch. This poor woman can't catch a break these days.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617
    Options

Plague has been real effed up since dedicated servers landed. I wouldn't expect her to get fixed any time soon. Just going to have to learn to play around it.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

The problem is not that you suck.

It is that you need to blow. Blow all the chunks.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,491
    Options

i have the same issue with her.. that’s why I don’t okay her outside of daily’s atm.

There were also issues with her hits on the server-sided hit-detection tests, hopefully once those are fixed and that feature goes live she will work better..

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

her spray is well known to have really funky collision to the point where sometimes i will just the hit on a healthy survivor hear it it hit them hear them cough once and they still arent infected.

she's least picked killer for a reason.

she's jank and weak.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Kind of similiar to clown.If they are at the very edge of your gas they'll scream but don't get slowed down.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

Just puke on them a little, hit them, then forget them.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

Plague imo is the worst killer I've unlocked.

I have the same problem as you. The fact is that the hotbox is actually pretty weird and you need to play a couple of games to get used to it.

But I don't recommend anyone to start playing the plague. It's like "the nurse condition". If you start playing them, you'll suck for a while and probably depip all the way to green ranks. Then after your depression period is over you'll get rewarded. But with plague, the only thing you'll get rewarded is a boring killer....

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,631
    Options

I find that about a lot of things to do with this game. "How do I kill people faster" in dbd makes perfect sense but outside puts you on a list or seven.

• LordGirth
    LordGirth Member Posts: 6
    Options

I love vomiting on hooked survivors lol, idk if it does anything but it's hilarious to do.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,078
    edited December 2020
    Options

It's a very strange hit or miss system. It took me a few games to figure it out.

1. It doesn't go nearly as far as you probably think it does. You can get a good idea of this though by throwing up far away from gens (you'll get "contagious" points once you've actually hit so you can dial in your actual range)

2. If there's anything in the way, you'll probably miss. You could see 90% of the survivors body with 10% behind that car and it's likely you're not gonna hit them

3. Them jumping through windows is almost guaranteed a miss. They seem to be invincible going through the windows

4. It's a lot easier to throw up on everything around them. Throw up at the pallet/window before they get to it (see above for why waiting doesn't work).

5. You're usually better off charging the full spray and hitting them multiple times rather than a half charge that somehow manages to miss because the game flips a coin when determining if that Throw up actually hit them or not...

Hope that helps!

Post edited by tippy2k2 on
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,091
    Options

She's really broken right now. The hit registration with her projectile is awful.

• Killbutton
    Killbutton Member Posts: 86
    Options

I just wish it did more.

Played a kyf recently and tried out plague on Hawkins- nice enclosed map for a practice run. Got a couple sick, but they never cleansed. So, they just ran around, puking and looping and rushing gens. I felt like a Doctor with less map control. Even the add-on that lets you see puking survivors for 5 seconds didn't really help. I think if it at least exhausted them or slowed them it would be nice, give them a reason to cleanse.

• DigitalisObscura
    DigitalisObscura Member Posts: 38
    Options

Plague is my favorite to play, but I'm not sure I have any useful advice for this. Sometimes I will think I hit someone and they cough/make disgusted noises but not become infected. But that's very rare for me, i can see how it would be game ruining if it happened often.

I'm not gonna lie and say she's particularly strong but I enjoy playing her, but hitting with the puke isn't a common issue in my games. I'm gonna think others here are right and this is rooted in a ping or hit validation problem and not something you can just play differently to fix.

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 201
    Options

I haven't had any issues playing Plague lately, but I've had frequent issues with Oni where I will dash and down someone while using Blood Fury, only to have them teleport away and be healthy.

Dedicated servers are ruining this game.

• Rybe
    Rybe Member Posts: 44
    Options

It's good to see that I'm not insane apparently.

Just feels so weird for it to be a game issue when huntress seems more or less fine! But I guess I'll just trash my dailies when I get them with her for now...

• [Deleted User]
    Options

yeah her vomit comes out periodically not actually a stream, so a survivor can just outright run between the hitboxes of it. It's an issue with her