We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

New Map Changes

Not sure what other survivors experiences have been so far but these map updates today have made it much more difficult for survivors to escape chases from killers in those maps. The maps now have 0 fog and there are massive parts that are completely empty and open with no obstacles and nowhere to hide , no windows to jump through and no pallets to throw down. Not sure why they took so much out of the maps but now it seems if a killer spots a survivors, they have zero options to get away...

Comments

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120

I'm gonna have to agree with this statement, as survivor in the Ormond map. The map is way too bright, the tactic here is to wear greyish clothing or any color to blend in with the map in order to not be seen so easily by the killer. The new autohaven is also way too dark to see for both killer or survivors. The fog doesn't seem to be seen anywhere either, what happened to it? Hopefully it's being reworked, it's what helps survivors actually escape but it can also help the killer be hidden amidst the fog. If they're trying to make newer graphical updates to beautify the game, I can appreciate that. They should just rework the visibility during gameplay, I'm not taking it for granted though; I can wait as long as possible for these changes to be implemented.

• TraceEdge
    TraceEdge Member Posts: 7

I made an account to make a statement on this matter.

The character readability is significantly higher in the Ormond map. Every killer is queuing it up like crazy because they know they can see the runners significantly easier. This needs to be fixed. BRIGHTER MAP DOES NOT MEAN UPGRADED GRAPHICS. It actually means down graded experience for survivors.

It gets worse if your character has any contrasting colors. For example red being the highest Contrasting color against white. You stand out like a deer in headlights, completely unavoidable!

Fix the maps

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

In this game there was already an unbalance between survivors and killers. Now don't get me wrong, I love the new graphics on the game so much, it looks so much better. However, for example on Ormond map it is way too bright that both killer and survivors can see each other from across the map, this makes gameplay experience not enjoyable and it annoyed me so much that I actually stopped playing the game for a bit because its frustrating. I love how graphics are being updated but that does not mean it needs to be really bright and no fog at all, I don't get how that is ok for survivors and for killers there is just no challenge. I played against a Huntress and because they could see us, they threw hatchets at us across the damn map. There is just no way of escaping...