Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is nobody playing the new killer?

I seen there was alot of bugs with the new killer.

I took a break from DBD because its getting repetitive for me, came back excited to play vs the new killer.

Played 7 matches tonight and no new killer.

😂 pretty bad when you release a new killer and nobody wants to play it or is unable to play it.

Back to R6 i go.

BHVR fix your game. Its fun to play when it actually works.

Comments

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

I mean not every player is interested in the new content?

Look at the steam achievements (with a grain of salt) and notice far more people have stuff for the killers that came with the game then for chapter releases.

I have had 3 charlottes in the 6 games I played yesterday so not all that bad.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

They are weak(With missing mechanics such as the locker hold) and somehow buggier then the nurse...

There's no real reason to play them until they get both fixed and finished.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

I've seen 3 twins players so far,but only 1 Elodie besides me

• Catt_xo
    Catt_xo Member Posts: 36

I played 5 with the new surv hoping to go against the new killer. No such luck. xD

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

I've been using michael because my daily is for him, but even if it didn't I'm not spending money just for 1 perk on each side that interests me. maybe when the bugs are fixed I may reassess but for now Im happy with what Ive got.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I am playing them non-stop. My guess would be that others don't play them due to the insane amout of bugs and that very few people realise how strong twins actually are (mainly chase wise) so everyone just assumes they suck so they don't bother getting better with them.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

I've seen three. One of them did ok but the other two struggled to get anything done.

• Satori
    Satori Member Posts: 75

I just complete adept twins and now i can forget about them

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I haven't played yet since the release but I've still only gone against blight once 😭

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Haha! I thought that too, but there’s the “Tag team” challenge to do as well; I’ve got 3 more downs to go!

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

I think youre spot on with the bugs being the issue, they were insanely fun on the ptb, but in that state I cant justify spending money on it, I honestly think PTB blight was in a better position than this.

• Satori
    Satori Member Posts: 75

Maybe i complete this too, but only when they implement this locker thing.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

It's probably because of the bugs. Personally I had 9000 shards to spend and preferred to spend them on the survivor to get the teachables rather than on a buggy killer.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Quick questions re Twins:

-Does anyone else find Victor can't move sometimes?

-Can Victor be released when a survivor is hooked?

Haven't been here in a while and havinf a few issues with the new killer. Cheers.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

some ppl want new perks (right now almost all perks dont work)

some ppl already found their mains (we have ton of killers already) so they dont feel like buying new killer

some ppl dont want to buy buggy AF character

some ppl dont like their desing (like myself, i hate how they look) i didnt met anyone saying "wow i love the desing"

this killer isnt licensed (licensed killers are more popular on patch)

there is more reasons than just 1 word "weak"

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

There's currently a bug where you can't move as Victor sometimes and you can't release Victor when you're close to a hook to combat camping I believe.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

1 yes known bug apparantly after you get kicked and spawn him again

2 you cant devs put a certain range from the hook to avoid camping

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

They really need to specify you can't release victor near the hooks. I was annoyed thinking it was another bug until I read about it here on the forums. I usually hook someone and then send Victor out to the nearest BBQ aura.

They also need to clarify that she doesn't have a terror radius when controlling victor. I wasted a few games using Insidious on her.

I've had Victor stuck in the ground a handful of times which is probably the worst offense.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

I mean... not a lot of people like the new killer, honestly.

Let's compare this to Blight. There is a lot of depth to him, he has a huge learning curve, he was fun to play and verse, and his a very strong killer.

The twins are... not so much those. They're buggy as hell, not even finished, and there's just not a lot to them. Charlotte is an M1 killer with no power, and Victor is immune to pretty much every perk in the game and can only pounce. That's it. There are no cool tricks or anything you can do with them. You just pounce, and if they're injured they die otherwise you just stick to them. They're also ridiculously easy to counter once survivors realize Victor can either be stolen for 45 seconds or just killed during his recovery (hit or miss). Honestly, I'd say they're one of the weakest killers in the game for just how easily their power can be denied. Say what you will about Clown or Legion, but at least they have a power (when it works (RIP Legion mains)).

Besides, even if this killer was beloved, there are still those that are grinding BP for them. Although, unlike Blight, they don't have some really cool, meta-defining perk as an incentive to quickly dump points into them.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I've seen some pretty good gameplay from a few people and I understand how this killer works now , the twins aren't as weak as people think I'd honestly give them a B grade because once you start playing around with them there are quite a few things you can do to shut down loops and also in a 3 gen situation victor is a damn dirty bastard that can just sit at one of the gens while charlotte checks the others and before you can even crush victor she's already been notified you're in the area and can just switch to victor or come back but essentially while watching multiple gens at once

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

It’s probably not a waste to use insidious on her. You could probably stand still by a gen and trick survivors into believing Victor is being controlled as they start working on the gen.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I played a ton of matches against the new killer yesterday. I saw the Twins more yesterday than I've seen the Blight the entire time he's been out. 😂 One thing I have noticed with both Blight and Twins is it isn't back to back matches like it usually is when a new killer comes out.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

1 match out of maybe 7 games I played against the new killer.

I lost because I was more interested in trying to kick the little gremlin 😂

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

A rather weak killer who is also really buggy isn't an ideal killer people want to play. I got my achievements on the new killer so I'm done playing them.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I played 5-⁶ games yesterday and I'm done now

• That1name
    That1name Member Posts: 33

It’s because literally all of the perks have bugs, and idk if anyone wants to hear Elodie’s loudmouth scream.