Viktor is BROKE.. Are you guys actually serious? UNPLAYABLE - I want a Refund

Options
Eynox
Eynox Member Posts: 86
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Bought the Twins today they are actually broken. Upon unleashing Viktor he is 50% of the time HALF in the ground and can't move. Then my screen completely froze and I couldn't even switch to the twins, I was forced to lose my items, offering and forfeit the match.

Do you guys seriously think it's okay to release a "Beta" Killer on the live servers forcing us to do game testing for you? Because if so I'm OUT. I will no longer support DBD or Behavior games if that's the case. I'm enraged.

I'm enraged because I specifically did not play the Open Beta because I always wait for a finished product to play a game, I don't test games for free, I don't get paid to do it.

Bought the Twins, both games they bugged, broken AND you even had the audacity to release the hero without one of it's abilities? Been playing this game since beta and it's just been going downhill.

On a side note, Viktor doesn't even latch onto survivors in the animation... he literally just flies around in the air like a bad beta test.

Comments

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

The fact that you actually bought the dlc when it was already clear that it was unfinished and buggy is the shocking part

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Well... voting with your wallet is an option. It would be strange that this is the straw that broke the camel's back... IF.. you have been here since 2016. :) In fairness to the company, they told us they were releasing it early. They told us it was full of bugs. You didn't go in blind, so the buyer's remorse thing is kind of stale. I'm not thrilled about the bugs either, but I knew going in and I have faith they will be addressed. Still, as upset as you sound, perhaps you should go with your gut and hit the road.

• Unseen_Force
    Unseen_Force Member Posts: 218
    Options

Yes this is why I find it silly that the flashlight nerf is getting so much attention.

Some people bought a whole new killer that doesnt work with either shards or real money, yet there are people that want to focus on a single item nerf.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

Are you surprised? usually with new patches, killers and survs we buy there ALWAYS seems to be bugs and things needing fixing, perhaps give it a lil time for them to fix things.

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373
    Options

honestly. BHVR outraight admits that 5/6 new perks are bugged in the release notes, and the killer's movement, after already admitting the killer is broken at lockers, which they'll fix when they get around to it with no schedule.

• Eynox
    Options

Why are unfinished products on the live server? I'm not a game tester, buy games and content to play them finished. Bugs are one thing but these are literally game breaking.

• Eynox
    Options

I'm more upset about very successful companies with money companies making players test their products free instead of actually highering testers. These guys are out of jobs because Open Beta testing and even one step further, forcing content on us in live servers is just out of hand.

• Eynox
    Options

They shouldn't have released it on live servers. Keep it beta then and delay the release instead of forcing us to deal with it

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Because the devs have a deadline that they clearly can't stick to well. The only reasons I can think of being the reason they pushed this update out include:

• BHVR wants money
    • They don't have enough time
    • That's it

I can understand the time thing since we are in a pandemic, but even so they should have still said something about how the pandemic is making things harder. I don't think they have said anything regarding it.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited December 2020
    Options

That genie has been out of the bottle a long time. Most games get tested in the field now, and almost none of them are released in proper state. From the point of view of game design companies (all of them), why pay someone to do something when we can get a much larger report and sample data without paying anyone a dime? I'm not saying it is good; it isn't. I'm just saying that is the way things have been for at least 10+ years in my experience. Hell, it could have been going on longer than that, and I only noticed it ten or so years ago.

In a way, it is to our benefit if we want speed. They will pull a data sample and a list of reported bugs in just three days that would take a huge team of testers over a month to pull. So there is a benefit, with the only down side being we have to play through those bugs for a month or so. Is it a great situation? No. In the end, all of us are going to have to accept that there is going to come a point where the game will have to be entirely rebuilt from the ground up, and we will be buying it all over again. Most of the bugs and problems comes from the fact that this game was built into a system that isn't easily reworked. The optimization everyone wants, the quick fixes, and all that jazz just aren't possible.

They have spent four years laying code on top of code on top of code in a patchwork to evolve the game. It is like all those cords that slowly get knotted up under your computer desk. They didn't start that way, but somehow it became a nightmare to move the system. In short, if we want a brand spanking new DbD with all the bells and whistles and none of the bugs, we better be ready to pony up some cash and give them 1-2 years in development to build a new one from the ground up in a new system base. Or we can be patient and continue with our patchwork.

• Eynox
    Options

idk sorry for making a rant post, I just hate getting turned off so hard of a game I loved. Just gonna take a break from dbd. Happy Surviving everyone!