Surge idea

Hello everyone! I'm haven't made a thread in a long time and honestly, I've never been very inclined to do so. Lemme just get right into it.

I believe Surge should also apply other "damage generator" effects from perks like Overcharge, Pop, and Oppression. Synergies like this would be excellent for the game, opening up new possibilities for builds. Think about the strongest perks in the game, for both sides. Ruin Undying is a great combo because the synergy lessens Ruin's weakness. Unbreakable and Decisive strike eliminate eachothers weaknesses. We can complain about it, sure, but that somewhat misses the point. These perks are strong individually but together they shine even more.

But regardless, I tried Oppression and Surge and they didn't work. Very sad. Please add this so I can continue to be a hipster who refuses to run ruin undying.

Comments

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Honestly, Surge already has great synergy with Ruin/Undying because it applies to auto-regressing gens.

Buffing it to have synergy with EVERY gen regression perk would be insane. Because people would start 4-stacking gen regression builds.

Just imagine Surge applying Pop to Ruin regressing gens. Actually a nightmare build

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

the only change i'd want for surge is the removal of it's cooldown, it seems unnecessary due to the fact that not everyone goes into the dying state one after another, and if they do, it should be punishing to them for standing around a gen instead of running away

• Koziiina
    Koziiina Member Posts: 14

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. However, the main problem with running surge with ruin undying is that you have three perks accomplishing the same thing. Not to say thats a bad thing, of course. I honestly think that Ruin Undying is far more powerful than a theoretical build with Surge, Overcharge, Pop, and Oppression. You can still run other perks with Ruin Undying, but committing to a build with all those perks does put some weaknesses in other areas.

Also, Assuming Surge+pop would apply to only one gen instead of all three, I could imagine it being pretty fair.

• Koziiina

That'd be a nice change, yeah. I'll really settle for anything. Surge is one of my favorite perks.

• smileybones
    smileybones Member Posts: 64

Well, I think Surge and Oppression wouldn't make sense if they worked together. If we're talking synergy, I'd say surge and oppression being the delivery system, with Pop and Overcharge being the payload. Many people complain about the ruin/undying combo, but if there were viable alternatives that didn't synergize with ruin/undying, then we could see some variation.

• Koziiina

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. Even if Surge+Oppression isn't a "viable" alternative to Ruin+Undying, I still think having another option is better than not having one at all. I like to think of it as the Ruin vs Corrupt discussion before ruin was changed to what it was now. Both had different strengths and weaknesses. Regardless, having two options and having one be slightly worse than the other is better than only one good option.

• smileybones
    smileybones Member Posts: 64

I literally said I wish Surge and Oppression were viable.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

That could create confusion and possibly some OP combos.

As a Surge lover who uses it on most M1 killers, I would remove the M1 requirement and make it proc also with powers. That would make it usable even by killers who rely a lot on their ability to down survivors.

• Koziiina

Sure. Anything can be confusing if it isn't immediately apparent. I'd like to think Repressed Alliance is an excellent example of a confusing perk. Such things become more clear with game sense and experience.

And yes, I agree. If there's one change to surge that I think needs to be made, its that. I don't understand why the developers are so insistent on making a bunch of perks that only activate on m1 downs.