Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Am I the only one who thinks the quality of voice acting has deteriorated over time?

RoboMojo
RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
edited December 2020 in Ask the Community

I'd like to preface that this is all my opinion, anyhow, let's get into it.

All the og survivors did a pretty good job I think, their screams actually sounded like how I would imagine a person who just got put on a meat hook would scream. Many of the survivors after are in the same boat. However, when we got to Zarina the voice acting seemed a little off? No biggie, it wasn't super noticeable and I liked Zarina. After that though? Cheryl? She's cute but the voice acting is a bit eh. Felix? Mans a hunk and looks pretty dapper but his voice is very eh. This all culminates in Élodie who, in my opinion at least, was the worst voice acted in the entire game. She's cool but her voice is distractingly bad and it sounds so fake. Am I the only one who noticed this downward trend for the quality of the voice acting for survivors? Or do you just think I'm an idiot and the voice acting is fine for all the survivors?

Answers

• UnknownlyKnown
    UnknownlyKnown Member Posts: 57

I forget about the bad voice acting of the recent survivors but Èlodie's voice acting could literally make me laugh, especially when you carry her. It sounds like she is coughing into a voice changer.