Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Victor got stuck in the ground on Deathslinger's map

SonicOffline
SonicOffline Member Posts: 918
edited December 2020 in Bug Reporting

I had to quit out because I was now an M1 killer without any ability and just lost my only hex.

I also got hit with a matchmaking ban.

3 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

Comments

• Chekita
    Chekita Member Posts: 184

If you quit you get a time out, not a ban.

And that is happening with whatever maps. In any map he will be stuck to the ground for some unknown reason. I'm trying to determine if if has anything to do with being in a chase or where you are looking or if it is a type of specific tile or simply the design of the power itself. If it's one of the last ones it will be pretty much random for anyone using the power.

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 918

If you really want to argue semantics, a temp ban is still a ban.

Also it seems to happen if you swap to Victor near terrain that's raised. He hops out into the terrain then gets stuck.

• Romeus
    Romeus Member Posts: 3

Lol it's not only on the gunslinger's map xD

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Don't quit if this happens, you aren't stuck as an M1 for the rest of the match.

I'm playing the hell out of the twins and working through the bugs (Holy ######### they shoulda delayed this tbh) and when he spawns in stuck, just swap back and wait till he expires. Sometimes a survivor will even kick it early for you, not realizing he's stuck.

I DONT recommend trying to pounce when he gets stuck, while it will sometimes gets you out, it can also cause you to get stuck in his falling/leaping animation and then you can't swap to Charlotte and let him expire.

• Chekita
    Chekita Member Posts: 184

I'm not arguing semantics. It's because the way you said it should confuse people, mostly who are new to the game. Imagine if you heard ban instead of timeout, I think it's more proper, but you use whatever you feel like it, I'll just correct it for anyone else so they don't confuse the two. Meaning, so they understand you are not banned from the game for quiting.

See the rules of the game and you'll see what they consider to be related to bans. Their temporary bans can go between months to years if I'm not mistaken and there is also a complete ban as well. Exploit, cheats, certain chat interactions and going out of your way to cause problems to other players and similar things get you a ban, if you quit you get a timeout that you preferred to call "matchmaking ban". Still think it's misleading, specially without temporary as you added later.

But the most important thing here is not that, but the fact the bug from Viktor happens in any map.

This discussion has been closed.