Is Power Struggle kinda useless?

Or have you guys found use out of it? I haven't had a chance to use it in any of my games.

Comments

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Extremely situational, especially after the nerf now that you cant trigger it with flip flop.

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552

What! Damn. I was gonna combo it with Flip Flop and Any Means Necessary. That sucks.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

I haven't used it personally, and I haven't seen anybody get use out of it either, whether playing as survivor or killer. From my understanding, it won't activate until you try to wiggle, so even if the killer picks you up on the pallet, they'll likely walk out before you can use the perk even if flip flop gives you enough on the wiggle bar. I could see it potentially working if a teammate bodyblocks the killer from walking out of it, but even then, they might as well just pull the pallet down and get the save that way

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

I mean, like many things right now it's bugged. Listed under "Known Issues":

• "Power Struggle: The perk cannot be used immediately if the wiggle threshold was reached before wiggling

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/270-4-4-0-a-binding-of-kin

So, it seems that it wasn't nerfed; it's just bugged. You really can't judge much of anything that came out with this chapter because so much of it is bugged.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I won't be using it until it's bugged synergy with flip flop is fixed. Right now it's like super super unlikely that you'll wiggle enough progress and killer also walks through a pallet with you risking power struggle. Once flip flop synergy is fixed it'll be pretty nice combo.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

It's good in the meta right now, where Killers have reverted back to slugging. Decisive Strike / Dead Hard / Unbreakable / Power Struggle is a strong build right now against the Twins.

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297

Very usefull perk. With flip flop its very strong and i can save myself two or three times per games.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

With flip flop it's tip top! With no flop it's omg stop!

• Exellen
    Exellen Member Posts: 49

According to posts from week ago extremely overpowered toxic survivor perk perk.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

Definitely a pretty annoying perk if you are slugging. The survivor will be sitting under a pallet, and you usually want to waste some time checking for other survivors first so they don't pallet save. Then you finally pick them up and get power struggled.

I haven't gotten hit with it normally yet though so in theory they could have just unbreakabled into my face and then done the pallet slam, though I believe power struggle ignores enduring so it's probably better. And it saves the unbreakable.

I'm expecting at some point ill be going down into the killer shack basement or something and get robbed by it, but it hasn't happened yet.

I doubt it would be good en masse but when you have a user mixed in with regular meta survivors it seems pretty good.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

You sure about that? Just yesterday I was playing billy and had a David running the combo. I picked him up under a pallet and he was able to get the stun on me just fine.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

I remembered the threads.

"Power struggle is stronger than DS, change my mind"

"Power struggle is too strong"

"Power struggle worries me"

"Power struggle is the new meta"

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

What were you doing that you had to slug the David instead of picking him up?

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Stopping a gen from being completed. He crawled under a pallet and when I went to pick him up that's what happened. I was not expecting it at all so yeah good play on that dude I guess but yea it wasn't nerfed it's just bugged and it has to be an inconsistent bug at that since it doesn't happen all the time ie my case.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Power struggle , flip flop, tenacity, unbreakable and a teammate near a pallet is OP because even just a little bit of time will give you the recovery to stun them and it has been working fine for me just spam your pallet throw down button when you're picked up and that's a fix for now

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

Flip Flop and Power Struggle wasn't bugged for me. It's the only way I was able to get the Rescue Mission achievement because the survivors I played with didn't know how to crawl to a pallet even though they'd be 5 feet from it.

And after playing with with the combo for 2 days, I have to say it's strong but utterly stupid to use as solo survivor unless you want to sandbag your team. Yes I got it to work obviously, but I'd rather use something else that I can get use out of every game rather than 1 out of 7 games. It did create a couple wow moments where I would escape and once with a sliver of time left on the EGC, but that was out of 50 games. Not worth it. Maybe with Unbreakable and DS or Tenacity for memes. Because when I did pull it off, I chuckled a lot.

Power Struggle by itself isn't good.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

How often is a teammate near you in order to get what you described to work? And if a person is always near you isn't that bad because they are not doing gens?

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Well in the event it does happen because alot of times teammates are on gens nearby and the killer will leave briefly to pressure or to chase someone away it doesn't take that long to recover to where you need to be , I'm not saying you should throw the game doing this but it can save the day

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474
    edited December 2020

Used it to save myself a few times and it's kinda like DS in that, the Killer gets butthurt that you hit em with it and tunnels you out of the game even though it's a one-time use perk that can be easily avoided. Admittedly, I'm not the best looper but yeah, it's got me killed more than helped me. Deception is the best of Èlodie's perks imo if you run it with Q&Q and Head On...really messes with Spirit and other strong Killers lol

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

It is. But it is fun when it works

• Boddy604
    Boddy604 Member Posts: 183

I really wanna try it with Lithe & Dance with me. Having a 2nd way to drop scratch marks in theory should let me gain a good bit of ground.

Fake jump in locker, wait for them to open it then lithe/dance with me outta there.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474

@Boddy604 In my experience with it you either want to fake the locker and Q&Q into another one or flatout dip after faking, because they generally catch on to what you're doing pretty quick. But your combo might be pretty cool too, I'll try it out!

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

It's pretty poor. Even if they fix it combined with flip flop, it's still going to be poor. It'll be a tiny bit useful early on, until killers get used to just always going around pallets rather than doing it situationally, at that point it becomes a when-the-stars-align perk that only works when you waste 2 perk slots for a one time pseudo ds that also burns up a pallet, and is only possible if the killer manages to down you right at the pallet.

After killers adjust, it's going to be nothing but a meme perk for people attempting bully squads. Honestly, it's even worse than coup de grace, before it's nerf, and that was trash even then.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Just a correction.

Power Struggle can currently be used multiple times. I power struggled this Doctor twice in one match which also earned me the achievement Rescue Mission.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

For real? Did they change it on purpose, or is it just another one of the 200 bugs in this patch?

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Killers almost always avoided walking through pallets whilst carrying a survivor anyway. This perk existing just solidifies to NEVER do it in the future.

It's pretty useless in my opinion, but the potential for it to have a great impact is pretty good.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

No clue. I never played the ptb so I have no idea if it's different than the ptb.