How are we feeling about the Blight?

Options
2»

Comments

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I have virtually nothing unlocked on pc so I'm rocking his three own perks + deathbound 😭 DG and blood favor have been more useful than I'd've thought, but I'm not sure I'd run them on him if I had more choice

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    edited December 2020
    Options

Third best killer in the game against a good opponent. I guess that comes with the assumption of mouse and keyboard controls. You can get some shocking hits if you play on a high sensitivity mouse and rebind Q and E for turning to pre-flick around corners. I've nearly hit 180s with Umbra Salts.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

I think he's the most balanced killer releases so far. If you're good, you'll dominate. If you succ, you'll succ.

Survivors have a ton of counterplay, and his ability requires you to use your brain. So I think that he should remain untouched

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Options

He's a fun and effective killer to play. The only problems are that he can be pretty buggy sometimes, his FOV is too low, and he has a lot of add-ons that are debatably garbage (slam duration add-ons, Adrenaline Vial, Placebo Tablet).

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

I use Q/E and the mouse combined. Maxed mouse and controller sens in game settings. Q/E is good for precise steering and the mouse is good when I need a lot of flick. If I need to flick fast, I'll mash the button and flick the mouse at the same time.

The best part is that it allows you to cut corners really sharp. I pre-turn with Q/E until I'm just about to slam the wall and then flick with the mouse to lunge 90 degrees for the hit.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

I love Blight.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

I wish he was actually good on console.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

He's alright, or alblight perhaps. But on console not that easy to play I have to say.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

He is terribly optimized for console. I wish they put more consideration into people who want to play him on platforms other than pc.

• SharkPiledriver
    SharkPiledriver Member Posts: 37
    Options

I haven't played as The Blight so take this opinion 100% from a survivor's standpoint: I've never felt cheesed by Blight, you have to actually think about how you're gonna juke him. He makes for exciting matches, similar to Billy, because he can come flying in out of nowhere.

I like going vs. him.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

Blight is like Nurse in the sense that ranging from new to ok players, he seems weak, with good players, he seems very strong, but at the top level of play? Blights who rarely if ever miss their Lethal Rushes? He's genuinely broken. You cannot beat the best Blights, especially if they have a stall Perk or two. You literally can't win.

Also Blight Tag is one of his best addons, especially when combined with Shredded Notes.

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521
    Options

Probably their best designed Killer (I still prefer Legion, but that's only after they changed them around a ton). Not too strong, not too weak, very fun all around. Shame no one plays him.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378
    Options

About the same as Nurse. The time spent on console readjusting after a headbutt or trying to turn into something makes you miss hits that PC players would hit. It's a frustrating experience, which is a shame because I enjoy playing him.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

Bouncyboi is best boi

• OtterBelief
    OtterBelief Member Posts: 6
    Options

I agree with the original comment, his turn rate is not great on console, also he has arguable the least consistent lunge attack after lethal rush. Where to begin with it? (Hit box size too small, lunge turning arc extremely restricted - even on max sensitivity)

I do enjoy playing him though and that is what the game is all about, so hats off to the developers for making him.

• MommyDeRose
    MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74
    Options

If he wasn’t so dogshit on console I’d actually like him. BHVR should really give out refunds to console players that bought him, his rush is literally for mobility on console, borderline impossible to hit anyone with it unless they don’t move. Harder to play than nurse on console, I’d rather bash my head into a wall then continue to use him.