The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Suggesting BBQ&Chili cooldown

ah yes, BBQ&Chili, the meta perk.. Look I know everyones all killer mains and "spoken like a true survivor" n #########, but, BBQ and chili is just too OP its ridiculous. Seeing all the BBQ Billies who just shoot across map at everyone, Nurses who can blink across map on meat factory, the new killer blasting across map, all these killers with incredible ground coverage are just impossible to lose with this #########. It's the free weekend and I wanted to get some friends into the game but it's so hard to have them enjoy it when I have to explain why every killer we play against just knows exactly where they are because they are all running a perk called BBQ and Chili. It's an abusive perk, Keep its function but add a cooldown damnit. What seems fair about killers being able to see survivors for the entire match essentially until everyones dead. How has no one thought a cooldown on this perk would be good? I mean, I got a 1 minute cooldown on Lithe which gives me that lil ity bity speed boost for 3 seconds.... but they can have full survivor view with no cooldown? come on, thats a joke.. At and lets just throw on extra bloodpoints to boot hahaha.

Comments

• Ysoria
    Ysoria Member Posts: 13

So much bad faith... and btw there are litteraly no nurse or billy or even BBQ if you play with beginners :)

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

lol

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

Wait till killers as a whole are more balanced, then make billy’s Chainsaw slower. It’ll help fix bbq, and give his speed add ons an actual point

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    The cool down is the hunt,  just count down from the hook and switch directions. Killers with mobility are tough but they all have counter play. I think it works so well because some survivors are to ballsy to hide and end up playing right into the killer's game.
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Yea, lets nerf a perk that was made to fix survivor issues… smart move.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

so you are complaining about a killer perk with multiple counter plays and which was made to help survivors get off the hook save?
    honestly, this perk isnt even THAT great. most killers just use it for the bonus BP, so... yeah. unelss its a billy, they probaply wont even be able to play the perk optimal.

• Jack11803

@Mister_xD said:
    so you are complaining about a killer perk with multiple counter plays and which was made to help survivors get off the hook save?
    honestly, this perk isnt even THAT great. most killers just use it for the bonus BP, so... yeah. unelss its a billy, they probaply wont even be able to play the perk optimal.

I just want WGLF to be buffed

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Jack11803 said:

@Mister_xD said:

When WGLF was buffed, the survivor lobby times skyrocketed, because every player switched to survivor for easy BP gain.
    But let's go to that and enjoy… lol

• Jack11803

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mister_xD said:

When WGLF was buffed, the survivor lobby times skyrocketed, because every player switched to survivor for easy BP gain.

Did i day buff it to 200% no. Could make tokens easier, make survivor gains as a whole without the perk better. Could make less tokens needed. Could boost total JUST NOT to 200. Besides, not any different than now, at least BOTH sides would get gains

• Mister_xD

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mister_xD said:

as killer main, i dont have a problem with that...

• Jack11803

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mister_xD said:

At least we agree on something my dude.

• Mister_xD

@Jack11803 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mister_xD said:

okay, in THIS comment section we love each other, while we hate each other in the other one, k?

• Jack11803

@Mister_xD said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mister_xD said:

okay, in THIS comment section we love each other, while we hate each other in the other one, k?

Life’s weird

• Mister_xD

@Jack11803 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Life’s weird

yeah...

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

I like the idea ! I was thinking about a cooldown too. My idea - give it higher cd - 2 min or 5 min I don't care AND the cooldown resets down to 5-10 seconds the moment the person who got hooked and proc-ed the BBQ is unhooked so it is impossible to chain hook-bbq while the initial person haven't been unhooked yet. Also it will give some breath to the remaining survovors when someone dies or just kill himself on the hook - that won't reset the cd. Also they should def make it not working on survivors in dying state - there is a perk for that.
    My other idea for BBQ and for the perks in general is to start limiting perks on different killers - at one point it will be impossible to design new perks without having troubles to balance them on every possible killer. It is just impossible. BBQ and fast moving killers is just an example

• Jack11803

@Haku said:
    I like the idea ! I was thinking about a cooldown too. My idea - give it higher cd - 2 min or 5 min I don't care AND the cooldown resets down to 5-10 seconds the moment the person who got hooked and proc-ed the BBQ is unhooked so it is impossible to chain hook-bbq while the initial person haven't been unhooked yet. Also it will give some breath to the remaining survovors when someone dies or just kill himself on the hook - that won't reset the cd. Also they should def make it not working on survivors in dying state - there is a perk for that.
    My other idea for BBQ and for the perks in general is to start limiting perks on different killers - at one point it will be impossible to design new perks without having troubles to balance them on every possible killer. It is just impossible. BBQ and fast moving killers is just an example

Just make billy’s Charge slower after killers as a whole are more balanced

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Why all the insistence on cool downs. The killer has to find you first (granted that's what the perk is for) but then they have to chase you down. For any decently skilled survivor that should be long enough to get the save and finish 50% of a gen. If the killer is good then it might be shorter, chase is skill vs skill. BBQ might out you but it has nothing to do with you getting downed after.