Red Herring - Perk Fuctionality.

RaingerPlaysDBD
RaingerPlaysDBD Member Posts: 27
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

This Perk is very jaw dropping for me, because I no matter how I look at the Perk can see any way the Perk might be useful other than in a 1v1 Scenario.

In it's current state the Perk is Self Destructive. The idea is to draw the Killer to a specific location by completing Minor Progress on a Generator. However, you cannot work on any other Generator after you've highlighted one or else Red Herring will simply swap to the new one. The reason this is problematic is because that means the only Generator you'll be drawing the Killer to, is one that you or your teammates have made progress on. And if you worked on a Generator just to use Red Herring at a specific moment. What have you been doing while you wait for that special moment? Healing someone? Cleansing Dull Totems? Not to mention that the Killer may just up and ignore the Loud Noise Notification.

I think the Perk just lacks flexibility. Here's the direction I took the Perk. (This Description Omits all extra flavor text).

Red Herring - After repairing a Generator for at least 3 seconds, it will be highlighted to you with a yellow Aura. The Generator stays highlighted until it is fully repaired, or you enter a locker, or you are further than 90 metres from the Highlighted Generator. During this time, no other Generator you repair will be affected by Red Herring.

*Entering any Locker will trigger a Loud Noise indicator for the Killer at the highlighted Generators location. 

*Red Herring can only be triggered once every 60/50/40 seconds.

This way you can use the Perk Strategically to draw the Killer into Territory that is unoccupied in order to buy yourself more time, without the Killer Pressuring anyone on the Team. Of Course I believe there should be a Limit, so I put a distance of 90metres from the Highlighted Generator due to some of the Larger Maps being quite problematic. I think this is quite a good change, that just makes the Perk usable. Honestly, I feel as though the Perk is in no fit state to be run due to it's VERY specific effect, and the limitations placed on the effect.

Tell me what you all think?

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments