Not Gonna Waste Anymore Time On The Twins

MythMage
MythMage Member Posts: 521
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

This killer is the worst one they've added yet, weaker than OG Freddy. At least OG Freddy had some stealth and slowdown. The Twins have nothing.

Time is the biggest enemy of the Killer. Games are already fast enough as is. Slacking even a little bit will cost you the match.

So, why, oh why, do you take 9 years to release Victor, hitch onto/down a survivor, switch to Charlotte, etc. They're too slow. Way too slow.

Also, people already ######### about how the smallest mistake will cost you the game as Killer. It's one of the things I hate most about Legion's kit. If you get dedicated, or you just whiff, you lose all your power and probably your snowball/pressure. So seeing Victor be demolished after missing 1 Pounce, either because it's hard to hit or because I got dedicated, I immediately lose all pressure on that survivor and I lose my power for 6 seconds.

So, what strengths do these killers have? I'd say they are good campers, but you can crouch past Victor if he's camping and you can delete Victor if he misses/gets robbed of a Pounce if Charlotte is camping.

I really don't see how this made it past internal testing, if the devs even test their killers at all.

Not only did they make the weakest killer ever, but they also chose a code heavy killer concept when we all know they can't code for #########, and so the few killers I actually enjoy playing are completely unplayable.

I'm not gonna waste anymore time on this. I'm glad I didn't buy this dumpster of a DLC with Auric Cells. This chapter isn't even worth the Iri Shards.

Edit: How is this my most seen post? "Survivor Stereotypes" and "Killer Stereotypes" didn't get anything close to this big, and those are probably the most lighthearted posts I've seen on this forum. Massive oofs

Post edited by MythMage on

Comments

• MythMage

I know. I was one of the first to discover this. They are a beast at slugging, but that's if you can generate pressure as an M1 killer first, which is impossible against good survivors

• MythMage

Don't understand what you're trying to say, but yes, they are pretty good at camping. However, Bubba is still the go to camper, since he can actually catch survivors in the first place

• MythMage

Except they can just crouch, completely nullifying this completely.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Crouching works or:

5. Survivor unhooks before Victor can attack.

6. Victor attacks and since there are 2 survivors he gets kicked

7. Charlotte lost whoever she was chasing and Victor lost whoever he was camping.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

I don't think they are that bad, I've been playing them a lot, however the only things I want are:

1. Faster switching between them.

2. Survivors shouldn't be able to kick Victor after successfull hit.

3. 20 seconds to recall Victor.

4. If Victor is attached to somebody, ee should be able to see their aura as long as they are carrying him.

That's about it.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I have been doing pretty well as the twins without slugging or camping! I find that oppression helps mark where current gens are being done (most of the time) and Victor is good for hits across the map/revealing running survivors. They require patience, and might be really fun to play if you drink a lot (only if you're of age!!) because that would be 100000000 times more interesting to control lol!

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Faster switching between them would make camping much more viable with them. It's one of the reasons why I don't think camping with the twins is really all that much threatening than other killers camping.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

What i was also thinking, Victor shouldn't be able to detect survivors near the hook, but also maybe when Victor and Charlotte are separated, Charlotte gets 5% movement speed?

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

In these discussions of how good or bad the Twins are it's also useful to keep in mind that right now Victor can directly hit people in lockers but that's apparently a bug (probably something accidentally left in when they were testing ways to help Victor against locker dodges.) The actual "fix" to lockers is supposedly going to be something less powerful, like Victor being able to keep the survivor in the locker for a short time. Assuming that's actually how the fix will work then the Twins will be noticeably less effective than they are currently because it will make locker dodging against Victor possible again, albeit to a lesser degree than it was on the PTB.

Without seeing the specific details of what the Victor-locker change will be it's impossible to tell how good or bad the Twins will be at that point. Depending on that change it could range all the way from almost as bad as they were on the PTB (i.e. survivors just dodge in a locker and Charlotte can't get there in time to do anything) to being just about as good as they currently are (i.e. decent killers overall if you adopt a slugging or zone defense/camping strategy). The devil is really going to be in the details of that locker fix.

• MythMage

Lockers have actually never been a problem. Survivors merely existing is. The Twins just have no pressure whatsoever

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

One of the best strategies I’ve found is to go plant Victor in some high-traffic area (like downstairs Saloon), but behind an object where he’s hard to find and kick. Then just hunt with Charlotte and enjoy all that extra tracking info when your chase gets near L’il Vic.

Switch back to him periodically to either relocate him or prevent his time-out.

• MythMage

Yeah. Kind of sad that THAT seems to be the best "normal" playstyle with them. Such wasted potential for an otherwise cool killer.

• dugman

That's not true. Multiple solid streamers are doing quite well with the Twins using slugging, but it's partly because currently the locker dodge doesn't work.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

Nah the Twins are very strong. Their snowball potential is insane. Most hardly even use Charlotte. They just use victor who runs around the map like a legion but with the ability to down and slug survivors. Once everyone is injured the pressure is on. Trying to heal before victor comes back again and again and again can be extremely difficult and obnoxious. So far victor seems pretty brain dead to me. But these were good killers. Sounds like you arent using her like the good ones.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

You can't realistically crouch and avoid being detected by Victor's KI while he's camping someone. It's impossible to know the exact range without triggering KI at least a little bit which is more than enough for you to react to and take control of Victor.

• MythMage

Again, I've been using them like this ever since release, and it's STILL not working now that people understand how to deal with them. Between the bugs and just how slow and useless they are, even Demo is better.

It's not impossible. If you can hear the screeching, you are susceptible. By default, Victor's screeches extend 12 meters. It's really easy to avoid.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

That's also my opinion.

If you're good at them, the survivors won't see anything coming.

• firedagodc
    firedagodc Member Posts: 26

Use the right add ons iridescent victor they kick him they become exposed or when victor charges a pounce he doesn't scream.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

You can also use Iri that makes Charlotte Undextablr upon switching in combination with Exposed Iri. So she can come up on them and surprise slug.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

yea mass camping and slugging, the thing that people call most killers bad for

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 572

I would definitely like to see the Twins have either an easier/faster time hooking people or more incentive to outside of camping with Victor. As it stands right now if you down someone far away from Charlotte as Victor it just takes way too long to switch, walk over there, pick them up, and walk to a hook and the optimal play becomes just leaving Victor on top of them and waiting for killer instinct to activate.

Switching and moving the two around the map just takes way too long.

Bugs aside, I think they're pretty fun to play but I don't like that I have to just slug and camp people to kill everyone.

Also I can't believe that Victor chasing you doesn't seem to give you boldness points and the killer doesn't get chaser emblem points. ######### is up with that BHVR?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Yes, it's easy to know when you hear Victor, but if you put Victor In a good spot that's not obvious it's Impossible to get within 13 meters of him and then start crouching. The moment you hear his noises as survivor you've triggered KI.

• Rifftey
    Rifftey Member Posts: 3

Twins are defenitly NOT bad. It’s you. The killer itself has great potential for counter play, instead of crying about being bad and just instantly blaming in on the killer, maybe you should try to put in the time to learning how to get good with him

• MythMage
    edited December 2020

I have. I've played them every day since they released. I've tried so many builds, so many playstyles, etc. Even running their best addons and best perks they are still garbage. Besides, I doubt it's just me being bad. I can still at least do something as Nurse, despite me being hot garbage. I can still do something as Billy despite me not getting a grip of the Chainsaw curving. I can at least do something as Deathslinger. I main Legion, who is a killer who gets destroyed by 1 minor mistake, so I'm used to that. This killer is not great against actually good survivors. They are great against people who don't know how the game works, but against those who do, this Killer is the weakest thing they've added since Dead Man's Switch.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • dugman

Nobody calls killers bad for slugging. Some survivors call it toxic but nobody says it’s bad strategy.

Facecamping is usually bad strategy because while you stand at a hook the other three survivors are doing gens unimpeded. But in the Twins case you can have Victor pseudo camping something and meanwhile Charlotte is still putting pressure on the other survivors trying to do gens so it becomes a more viable strategy for them. It’s that ability to be in two places at once that uniquely makes them effective at zone defense.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

Here's the thing about Twins - when you hit it, you can do really well. I have had lots of matches where I get 4ks, even with 5 gens remaining.

I also have a number of matches where I get no kills. Okay, cool. I don't feel like I need to win every game.

The difference is really around survivor awareness - it's easy to make Victor miss. If I run Victor out to the other side of the map for pressure, and the survivor forces a miss (it happens), then Victor dying + switch + cooldown to unleash again is just way too long. What is that, 20-30 seconds penalty for missing a pounce?

I think the stomp action needs to go to 2 seconds instead of 3 (I know survivors want it longer - sheesh) and the switch between victor and charlotte needs to be consistent (not 6 seconds - 2 or 3, every time!). It's just too devastating when you miss a pounce - long enough to where you lose a gen if 2 or 3 are working on it.

• MythMage

I can't tell you how many times I've slugged someone for not even 20 seconds and I got called a PoS. Everytime I run Knock Out (cuz I love that perk), I get assaulted with more death threats than normal. Every time I slug for pressure because gens are flying I get called a baby killer. That is a very false statement

• dugman

Reread what I said. Some people call slugging toxic, nobody says it’s ineffective.

• MythMage

"Nobody calls killers bad for slugging. Some survivors call it toxic, but nobody says it's a bad strategy"

I just gave you examples where that is completely false (to be fair, no proof, just personal examples)

• dugman

No you gave examples where people called you toxic. None of those are people saying you’re doing something ineffective.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited December 2020

And it doesn’t help that Victor can’t see trails either. Its crap.

• bjorksnas

they aren't called bad for slugging they are usually only called boring for slugging, but camping is usually called bad, and well if someone needs both im going to assume they are bad

• Pallet_mauncher
    Pallet_mauncher Member Posts: 3

Bro I don't think you remember OG freddy. Like this character doesn't seem good but they have normal movement speed so if you just ignore the power your still better than old Freddy. Old Freddy was genuinely a failure in every single way at least the twins power doesn't activity hinder them.

• dugman

The thing is the Twins are actually able to facecamp effectively. That's the difference here. If you facecamp with, say, Meyers or Clown or Deathslinger or Spirit you'll lose assuming the other survivors slam the gens. The Twins though can have Victor camp a hook and Charlotte chase one or two other people off gens. It turns what's normally a losing strategy for most killers into a winning one for the Twins.

Of course it's also probably a really unfun strategy to play against for the survivors since they're spending so much extra time slugged or on a hook. But in terms of how well it works for the Twins it's solid.

• bjorksnas

in terms of how well it works doesn't take into account if it takes skill or not or how fun it is to play against, twins face camping doesn't take almost any skill and isn't fun to play against, and in terms of people being bad it depends on the strategy just because you can camp efficiently doesn't mean you are suddenly good it just means your boring strategy isn't being punished accordingly

• dugman

So is your argument that the Twins are bad because they're efficient at camping and players who otherwise have trouble winning can win games with them? Because that makes it sound like they're actually really effective killers.

Or are you just saying that they're good at camping but you think camping is "boring" so you don't like them? Which again, makes it sound like they're effective killers but you just don't like that playstyle.

Also, just FYI, I did say in my posts above that some survivors probably don't enjoy going against the Twins because being slugged or camped is dull.

• bjorksnas

ah yes taking my words out of context to fit your own, no im saying the players playing the twins are bad even though its more efficient its still more efficient boring and unskilled gameplay

• dugman

How am I taking you out of context? I quoted you.

Also OhTofu and Tru3ta1ent and others are doing just fine with the Twins using the camping/slugging strats and they're definitely not bad players.

• bjorksnas

im just going to leave you be if you can't understand my argument theres no point in wasting my time making it to you

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited December 2020

Twins definitely is a killer like Blight, Nurse, or Huntress where the people who get good with them will get EXTREMELY good. Using Victor as detection early and then after landing a hit suddenly turning into him and finishing while they run towards you are the kinda absurd plays Twins can do, but it requires you to have a lot of map knowledge. They weirdly almost feel like a trapper, which is great because Trapper was my favorite killer till I got to red ranks. They reward pre-planning a LOT.

I don't think they are weak, they suffer the same problem any killer who depends on injuries to stall does, in that its easy for them to get snowballed. But they snowball hard too: A bad twins game feels REAL bad.

I also think they are super clunky and definitely could use some power tuning: The inability to release victor near hooks is frustrating and while I get the intent it could have been done differently. The inability to just 'undo' Victor is likewise a problem. And the charge time for pounce can lead to some silly infinites vs Victor.

Overall though I like the killer. They more need QoL love than buffs. Stuff like "You can release Victor while near a hook but if you do waking up takes longer, you can leave Victor near a active hook but he doesn't scream if you do and takes longer to switch too, you get to visually see the area around a hook, you switch a bit faster, and you can call back Victor any time" would be my fixes for them.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Because Knock Out kills your damn ears. When I get downed and the killer is running knock out I want to instant DC. I hate that sound with a passion. I don’t know why the devs added it. God lol

• MythMage

I love getting hit by it. Maybe it's just cuz I'm a sucker for good audio design, but I love Knock Out

• dugman

I understand what you've said, I just think you're wrong.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650
    edited December 2020

Funny, I think this killer sucks too, but for the exact opposite reason. And don't get me wrong I am not saying this killer is OP, I do not think they are at all. They are kinda clunky. But for literally years survivors in mass have complained about the high prevalence of camping and tunneling and that something needs to be done to reduce these tactics, and tons of suggestions have rolled through the forums here. Some good, some laughable. So to the survivors this killer feels like a real slap in the face because for this killer to be viable it has to camp, tunnel and slug the trifecta of douchebaggery. As if they read thousands of posts and said, "well, screw those guys".