Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nurse doesn't deserve nerfs

unsafepallet
unsafepallet Member Posts: 72
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

Out of everything to complain about in this game, Nurse should not be one of those things. I honestly think she's the most balanced killer in the game right now, and one of the most fun to play against imo.

People keep using the excuse "just because she's hard to play it doesn't mean she should be excluded from nerfs" but if she's hard to play shouldn't her counterplay also be hard to pull off? That's literally what balancing is about, making it fair for both sides.

Nurse isn't impossible to play against, there's tons of counterplay to prove that. If there's anything about Nurse you want to complain about, it should be her fatigue because it just makes her insanely annoying to play as.

Edit: Let me just clarify that I'm not talking about bugs. Of course it's fine to complain about bugs because those actually need fixing, but I don't think she's broken balance-wise.

Nurse counterplay is essentially the same as any projectile killer, which revolves around breaking line of sight and baiting her power. What makes nurse different to all of those projectile killers is her power is almost always readily accessible, but her downside is she's slower than survivors, which means she's forced to use her power. If you're actively mind gaming and breaking line of sight it would basically be a 50/50, but there's other factors to Nurse's power to consider like fatigue, the window for chain blinks, and timing that tip things in your favor as long as you're not playing extremely predictably. So essentially she has a constant time limit to predict your movements in set amounts of time. If she has to constantly guess your movements quickly then there's gonna be a lot of room for mind games. Not to mention there's perks to help in these situations anyway. Finally, even if you get caught with your pants down you can always jump into a locker while she's trying to blink, she can't pull you out until after fatigue.

Post edited by unsafepallet on

Comments