The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I'm so confused about the Mori nerf...

2»

Comments

• SandwichGamer107
    SandwichGamer107 Member Posts: 27

Honestly the only two bad thing about the Mori Nerf was that first keys didn't get a nerf and second that it was nerfed in a lame way. Now what do I mean by "a lame way". Well imagine if they made it, that you get to mori everyone, one everyone has been hooked once. This would enforce Anti-Tunneling and reward good killers. And if a single survivor is good he can mostly "control" when the killer is going to have his mori. But no they just did: 1 -> 2 :)

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444

U say mori shifts it hard in the killers favour but key doesn't? Key just helps out a survivor when their game goes bad? Lmao!! Well the key shifts the balance hard in the survivors favour by using your own logic.... Like wth u trying to say there lol I escape every match I have a key, I normally didn't have an issue with mori, but now every time someone brought a mori they were face camping until 2nd hook then hid close by with insidious both kinda ass, key needs a nerf real bad, I get a key map game every few games and it forces me to use franklin's and semi camp the key for 90sec which is enough for 4 gens done and if there no gens close by for me to patrol then it's bg... They should let killer grab the key from the ground after, otherwise it's not too useful other than getting sneaky pallet hits and just not break the pallet for 90sec

• It's mostly people who want to be able to choose when they will have an easy win match basically.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

If you're an average good Killer vs four good solo players this exact same scenario is going to happen.

Using an offering shouldn't allow you to negate two hooks (halfway through the game I assume because you're hard proxying the hook and ready to mori them instantly after the unhook).

Mori's will be used regardless if the Survivors are SWF or solo, or have a key.

• Roaddernew
    Roaddernew Member Posts: 1

A mori is just early kills! There wasn’t much needed there, and swf easily countered it! Plus, on second hook they’re already dead on hook! No w the only reason to use it is if you don’t want to rank up but still want a 4K!

• Ghadente
    Ghadente Member Posts: 3

I wasn't aware that the Mori needed to be nerfed at all. I've been playing for a while and I never felt like it was an issue. Sure there would be a few matches as a survivor that I would encounter killers using them but it wasn't that common. Plus I've played several matches where the killer never gets to use it.

If you get unlucky and are up against a killer using it, oh well, get over it. Play another match after, wasn't a big deal. Or maybe view it as a challenge. Mori never meant the match was unwinnable. Players need to quit whining and just play for fun.

Don't agree with the Mori nerf, but not that big of a deal either way. it was a very rare item and didn't feel it was overused or unfair. It was a fun item to use sometimes. Never thought it was an issue.

Guess if enough complainers whine enough they will nerf anything.

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313

I want a refund to my BP for those unused mori😥 hundreds of red mori means millions of BP

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Because using a mori was a free win essentially, even against SWF's.

It took away a easy option for the killer. It's just like how the DS takes away an OP power from the survivors.

• MrBison
    MrBison Member Posts: 10

As a player of both sides i understand that the old mori was really unfun to play against, and i can count in one of my hands the times that i used one as a killer, for me, it was a good change for the game.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

The half-assed way the Mori nerf was handled was the biggest problem. "We'll nerf moris and keys. Oh actually, keys are going to be hard to change, so just moris." The 'fix' to moris made them hilariously useless, and was obviously just the first suggestion somebody pitched with no consideration to other options. But somehow, keys deserve special thought and deliberation to find a balance that doesn't invalidate them but also reduces their impact? Okay, sure. Perfectly balanced.

Also, it's been mentioned above, but considering that Moris are now entirely just there for the special kill animation, why are they still so expensive? Why weren't they downgraded in rarity when the change went through? They upgrade and downgrade addons all the time, but somehow it just wasn't important enough to make the cost match the usefulness?

And what about all the BP already spent on the old Moris? Heaven forbid we get the difference in BP between the old cost and the brown/yellow cost that they're actually worth now. Nah, see that would take work, so it's entirely off the table.

The only effort that could be done was changing a "1" to a "2." A minimal effort and it just swept the strongest offerings off the table for every killer at once. And that came more or less around the same time as the "what if we remove Bloodlust" proposal and the nerfs to various killer perks. Sure felt like putting the boots to the dead horse!

Flash forward to now and there's dozens of threads whining about how survivors are getting nerfed into the ground with the Decisive Strike change. What a terrible fate, to have even the slightest inconvenience for survivors!

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

People are upset because the devs didn't nerf keys with them which would have been nice.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

I wanted it to be allowed to be used after everyone had been hooked once

Not here take 7k bp because I'm never gonna use you until rank reset

• Killerdonut80
    Killerdonut80 Member Posts: 87

I play both Survivor and Killer. I've never used a Mori, ever and every time I see someone that has it I groan, it just makes the game unfun. So yeah I think after a second hook it's fair to use it.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

TBH i just dont like that there is 7000k bp cosmetics clogging up my BW but other than that its fine.

This discussion has been closed.