Whats your favourite way to get Cosmetics?

TicTac
TicTac Member Posts: 2,409

In most games there a to my knowledge three different ways to obtain cosmetics, sometimes mixed together.

With money: shop with auric cells

With time: shop with shards, prestige

With skill: maybe the 4th anniversary crowns for survivor

Mixed together: rift

Did i forgot one way?

Whats your favourite way to get cosmetics and why?

I personally would like more with skill. A way to show i main this killer and know how to play him, would be great

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,616

You technically did forget one...

With nothing: Fill in a code for a freebie.

And it is my favorite way, cause y'know, it's free.

I don't mind some of the other ways, but if i can get all cosmetics for free right now i'd get them.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Buying them before the game breaking tome was added and ruined this game completely for me as a solo survivor. I would have loved a shop with faster rotating items instead of having three teammates who don't play the game so they can get a single challenge done. But you know. Whatever.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

Out of the options you put down I personally like to earn them. May that be through Events or the Rift or other. I like to get them by just playing the game and focusing on reaching a goal (which is getting to lvl70 in the rift right now). However I do buy most of my outfits through Auric Cells, since I'm a huge cosmetic collector in almost every game I play.

My shard usually get used on the shrine for extra bloodpoints. I barely use them to get outfits.

• TicTac

True. And exclusiv is another one (time, Special-edition)

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,825

Like @Boss said, I like stuff that's free, but I acknowledge that, if the whole cosmetics collection suddenly became mine for free, I would be happy for two days and then not care. I think having to unlock stuff makes it more fun in the long run, so I think my preferred method is unlocking rewards over time through normal play -- similar to how the shards work now, except I'd make the pace a little faster.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

My favourite way is any way that doesn't involve numerically limited codes. Both in the form of ones that drop at 3am because Canada time, or those that you have to watch some person with the personality of carboard until they decide to hand them out.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I prefer to feel that I've earned cosmetics. Not so much through the Rift (where you're basically just leveling up through 70 tiers of rewards), but in ways where I will have a definitive say in which cosmetics I will receive.

So ideally through Event currencies (RIP), Shards that I've gathered, or Prestige (essentially Bloodpoints earned towards one character).

I also enjoyed the challenge of earning all the Crowns during the Anniversary event. Really hoping they'll consider doing more things like that in the future.

• TicTac

So cosmetics which you need to earn are more worth for you. Does it depend on how hard you need to work for it?

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,825

I would prefer not to have to work that hard. I like systems where playing the game normally eventually unlocks stuff more than I like systems where you have to try to do the same stunt over and over again. So I'm good with a challenge that's like, "Repair 50 gens," that I can chip away at over time -- less excited about a challenge like "kill everyone in the basement during endgame collapse while using Predator." Having the second challenge be more annoying wouldn't make the reward more valuable to me.