Enough with the phantom grabs. Give me the grab or the hit, not a "maybe next time" hover hand.

Negi
Negi Member Posts: 378

Speaks for itself really.

Comments

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I had what should have been 2 grabs taken away from me in a single game which was really fun :)

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,301

Last week I think it was I had a match with 5 phantom grabs and only 2 grabs that followed through. This garbage shoulder-pat feature needs to be fixed: I'm not there to reassure them that it's safe to work on the generator, I'm there to stop them.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,160

But survivor enjoy their back and shoulder massages 😉

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,409

Yh i love phantom grabs. One survivor dropped the pallet in front of me without stunning me and vaulted to my side. I attack, grab animation, he triggers lithe, runs away and im stuck in animation for 5 seconds.

I guess i got outplayed.

• I'm glad it's not just me.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

This is really really annoying so I understand the frustration. I get denied grabs a lot too and it feels extremely bad. But someone is gonna be mad however they handle grab latency - either the killer gets a hover hand, or the survivor gets grabbed from nothing. Stuff like this (and worse) would happen all the time: https://mobile.twitter.com/No0b3_tv/status/1273395003541221377

This game just wasn’t designed for servers considering how much stuff is so dependent on timing. Stalking, grabs, hitting window vaults, Dead Hard - when a fraction of a second can be the difference between a whiff and a down, the extra latency servers introduced can feel totally game breaking.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,825

Thisssssssss. The worst is that I'm usually not even trying to get a grab. I'm trying to get a fast attack in a situation where the survivor vaults into my face or unhooks right in front of me or something, and then it turns into a grab, and then my camera gets moved, and then it's not a grab and I just stand there confused while they run away.

Is this something that theoretically gets fixed with hit validation or no?

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

*Slaps Dwight's back*

This bad boy can fix all five gens in this trial!