Remove "Entity displeased" from post game

Options

I just had a fairly fun decent payout match and then the game spits in my face and sours it, it adds nothing other than making a game with no real winners/losers feel needlessly competitive, instead of fun,

Isn't the ideal state for the game to be one where we all fee like we had fun and got rewarded for playing our best? not one where you are mocked for not tunneling and camping?

Comments

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    Options

No

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

No we are not in preschool where everyone wins for participation. When you play this game you are an adult, so you should be able to deal with two words.

Im rude i know, but i want to make clear that this idea makes no sense.

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100
    Options

yeah it's sooooo mature to need a "loser" to feel like a winner, "Waaah! that person had fun and isn't miserable because they only did super well and enjoyed themselves but didn't score the winning touchdown! how can i feel like a real winner when the other person isn't being treated badly!?" that's what you are arguing for, a childish sense that others having fun and not being insulted devalues the other side's victory, in literally every sports competition if an announcer or such mocked the losing team they would be dragged to hell because that's not how healthy competition works, my score is the arbiter of my efforts, having a lame insulting message ruin my mood doth not improve the game for anyone, it's not even like those fools who crouch over and over, at least they get some childish glee out of it, but this message won't even show up for them it serves no purpose other than to say "should have NOED camped one of them!" it's pointless and annoying, a negative with no positives,

• TicTac
    Options

Like you said. Its only you. You are the only one who sees the message. Survivor dont know your result and most of the time they dont even care. You are contradicting yourself. So stop complaining.

Its your lacking ability to deal with two words. Its you who needs a game to tell you, you did good.

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100
    Options

it already does that, when it shows my BP and rank progress, the message adds nothing but needless mockery that serves no purpose other than to encourage me to tunnel and camp, which isn't fun for the poor schmuck i do it too and to be frank isn't fun for me either, i would prefer to have fun and not be told it was wrong, i would like to spend the game chasing hunting and having high stakes defenses of gens not mindlessly staring at someone on hook, but that is what the game is telling me to do, for no reason,

• TicTac
    Options

Its just a wording regarding the lore. The entity feeds on strong emotion and you didnt do your job. What do you care when the entity is displeased?

Its not worse then you lose or similar things in other games.

A usual adult should be able to deal with it. I dont know your circumstances, but when you are not able to deal with it, then dont play a game where you play against other players.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

You have to see Dead by Daylight like a boxing match. The Entity is not the referee nor is it the judges. It is the crowd. If the Entity had just spent $15 on your Pay-Per-View DBD match and it ended in 3 minutes because you dominated, you wouldn't be surprised if it was displeased. Don't worry, you still won, but the Entity will be spending it's $15 elsewhere next time.