Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Is prestige worth it?

I have caludette maxed (not all the perks in the game, but all I have till today) and on prestige 1. Is it worth it to grind it to prestige 3 and max her again?

Best Answers

• boostedsurvivormain
    boostedsurvivormain Member Posts: 399
    Answer ✓

If you have nothing better to do, then yes. Prestige does nothing except give you the bloody clothes. I only started prestiging my characters once I had got all the teachables

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Answer ✓

no.

unless you expect to be playing a LOT of this game in the future, prestiging isnt worth it.

also, once you got all the perks on a character you shouldnt prestige them, as you would waste every bloodweb level you leveled over the level 50 cap, as they all get reset.

maybe one day they'll implement some actual prestige rewards that make the grind worth it, but right now its definitely not.

Answers

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440
    edited December 2020

Not really, not necessary.

I have like 14 Survivors on P3, 11 of them are maxed out, means I have all perks in the game on them.

But it's worthless.

Also I have some Killers maxed without prestige and it feels better.

You can spend your bloodpoints better, so if I can travel in time I'll never prestige one of them. Maybe one just for the achievement.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

No. The "increased rarity" of addons can be detrimental to some killers in theory and actually doesn't produce any meaningful observable change to your bloodwebs anyways.

Bloody cosmetics are the only reason to do it.

• Father_Dark
    Father_Dark Member Posts: 84

I have a P3 Claudette and a P3 Doctor. Neither was worth it. I had the perks I wanted on both when I prestige'd. I thought it would give me better availability, but honestly, it's not really that noticeable and I'm still trying to get BBQ back on my Doctor (lvl 46 and I haven't seen it in any bloodweb yet.)

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

For those that have prestiged, do you notice the "better items" difference? Because that sounds to me like all it does is make your next climb more expensive.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

On my P3 Legion I do notice a lot of green add-ons and such like that, much aside from that not much.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

No it's not worth it.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited December 2020

Just as a pointer: currently you need about 7.5 million BP to get every perk on a single character (when you unlocked all teachables). getting to level 50 (when buying cheap stuff and not the stuff you probably want to have like syringes etc) takes about 1.5 million BP meaning another 4.5 million to get the 3 prestige levels.

I'm currently at 3.6k hours and the stat site tells me I got 300 million BP in total. That is 25 survivors maxed out on P3, when you keep the bloodwebs as cheap as possible until P3. There are currently 24 survivors and 22 killers (killers are a bit cheaper to max out as they have 8 perks less).

So if you just play/level survivor role, 3600h are theoretically enough to maxP3 every survivor. Another side note: I play like 70% survivor, but killer gets more BP per playtime. If you play more survivor than that, it gets a bit worse

Reality: I have

• survivors
      • 8 survivors maxP3
      • 4 survivors P2-50
      • 2 survivors P1-50
      • one survivor maxP0
      • rest P0-50
    • killers
      • 2 killers maxP3
      • 4 killers P2-50
      • 10 killers P1-50
      • 1 killer maxP1
      • rest P0-50

meaning in sum maybe 2/3 of what would be possible at best. So now you can judge on how much you plan to play the game, how many prestiged characters you might get and especially how many more chapters will be released during the time you try to get there. This is one thing that grinds me. Each new chapter it takes another like 300k BP on EVERY maxed out P3 to make them maxed out again. Meaning, the more maxed out you get, the more expensive (BP wise) each consecutive chapter becomes

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

It depends, do you want to stay busy in the game for a long time? Then go for it. Otherwise, if you're just looking for fun or a bit of competition without any sort of grinding then no.

• Cirocband
    Cirocband Member Posts: 17

If you are an achievement or trophy hunter then yes cause you get a trophy everytime you prestige and you get one for getting to level 50-prestige 3. Other than that...no it’s not worth it.

• THHE_SttEve
    THHE_SttEve Member Posts: 4

I always do the prestige

• Gunna_Stalk_Ya
    Gunna_Stalk_Ya Member Posts: 15

I believe that it is worth it, considering not only you get a rare and awesome bloody outfit, but gives you another chance to get better perks you want for that character, and prestiging it again would do the same all over again but is ultimately satisfying.