Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Am I the only one who thinks the Updated Autohaven Wreckers looks worse than the original?

I'm playing on an Xbox One S and I think the new Autohaven Wreckers looks completely awful. It looks nothing like the update from the trailer they posted. It literally looks like they made the map look much worse?

Am I going crazy or is there some graphic settings I'm missing here? It looks nothing like the map in the trailers.

Comments

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

A part of the reason they look worse is because it feels more cluttered like how all loops have walls but that was kinda needed as the old loops were impossible to mindgame against good survivors. That on top of the new look is what makes it look worse since you are used to the old style of the maps but to me it does look more like a junkyard then before.

Like they nailed the look but the old one looks better due to it being more open and basic looking. If you ask me tho i don't think they should change it back and even if we wanted it i don't think they would, the new map is more balanced then before and imo balance comes first.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

I like what they did personally, however the breakable walls, the openness, and how goddamn bright it is really take away from the effort put into the model and design teams, it's too overexposed and not as creepy, not to mention difficult to hide in.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

What? New Autohaven is way darker than the originals. I don't recall ever being in a position where it looked like I was chasing a shadow on old Autohaven, but on new Autohaven that happens frequently. I also frequently end up having to follow scratch marks instead of the Survivor because I simply can't see them.

I personally like how new Autohaven looks, but because of the darkness and clutter, it has moved into my bucket of maps that I'd rather not see.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

The lighting is a bit annoying and I have to say I liked the Macmillian changes way more.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

No, I think they made them bright, or maybe it's just my settings. Honestly I don't know.

They just feel brighter overall, and the design of the clutter makes stealth harder, but thats just my opinion.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited December 2020

I don't know, either. Maybe there's something with Low Settings. All I know is that I have way more issue spotting the actual Survivors when first starting a chase or after a hit.

Actually wait.... I think I just realized what it is. The ground is stupid bright but every wall on the map and the sky box is super dark. I just realized that this issue pops up the most on Blight (who's PoV is stupid low), it pops up some on Legion who's medium height, but on Demo and Slinger who are both tall I had a lot less trouble. Just because of the view angle.. short killers are more dependent on the contrast between the Survivor and the Walls and tall killers can take advantage of the much more pronounced contrast between the Survivor and the Floor.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

all the updated maps have this dark fetish that really needs to stop

Lery's is how you do it right

everything else is how you do it wrong

• senki527
    senki527 Member Posts: 275

yes, you're the only one

• VLight
    VLight Member Posts: 126

New Autohaven looks beautiful. However, brightness is a bit too low and breakable walls aren't a good edition, in my opinion.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,332

Old Autohaven was great, new one...not so much. New Autohaven is one of those maps where I just say "ugh, this map again." I also don't understand why they felt pressed to add in the lawn chairs and tv around the map other than to take up space because you really can't do anything with those tiles.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

They ruined it

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

It looks too empty for a junk yard. Also is the map stupidly dark for anyone else as killer but fine as Survivor?

Im actually playing more survivor rn just because I hate losing a survivor im looking directly at mid chase on these maps.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I can't trap exit gates, people see me above walls so they can loop me forever plus theres no grass. Yep that's me playing machete man.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Autohaven maps are garbage now. Horrible rework, a flat ugly thing.

• Lavindathar
    Lavindathar Member Posts: 38

I've loved every single map rework so far.

Except this one. It's just so bright. Playing on 4k Xbox Series X. As killer I can see survivors from miles away. And it feels like far too much open space.

Ormand however <3

• PyroGL
    PyroGL Member Posts: 239

I like the reworked Autowreckers maps, except for the walls that are made of pure cubes. Gives me a minecrafty feel, and it seems misplaced that the geometry is so perfectly square. The old walls had holes and bumps and imperfections that had a more organic feel.