9/10 games are RUIN and UNDYING and im so bored.....

Options
bluedusef
bluedusef Member Posts: 288
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

dosent help alot of the time the killers are like freddy or deathslinger and hard camping people constantly. i play both sides, so i can see both sides of the coin, survivors do the meta stuff aswell, which is boring too, but not this much in my experience. Its normal to have DS in your build but theres no way 9/10 games a killer plays is vs a squad of survivors with DS PAIRED with UNBREAKABLE.......

My build is head on, quick and quiet, BT and DS. i only put BT back on recently because most of the games are killers camping and sitting on that RUIN and UNDYING combo. One good thing since the last update i can say WELL DONE TO DEVS FOR though is the fact i havent once, not ONCE since the mori nerf have i been camped off the first hook into a mori straight away. i guess the two hooks is too boring for them i duno....

that useto happen atleast once a day, havent had one of those since. For the love of god, please as quick as u can devs, make changes to undying combo and the DS/unbreakable combo. games will start being alot more fun again. RUIN by itself is fine, its meant to be a gamble, not a I HAVE 4 POTENTIAL RUINS up over half the game, zzzzzz......

Comments

• DeadByCommunity
    DeadByCommunity Member Posts: 157
    Options

It's more then just what side uses what perk you also have to consider gen speed, map size and pallet RNG. An even so not alot of killers can utilize that perk combo and 9/10 is a bit exaggerating. Besides ruin won't do much damage unless the killer applies presser an by the end of the day they can only chase 1 survivor at a time. Ruin an undying are fine as they are because they still have ton of counter play an not everyone can use it well as killers like nurse for example. Ds an other second chance perks have some sort of design flaw or reward bad players for being way too aggressive against the KILLER, like using ds an bt to save someone infront of the killer with your own bt.

• bluedusef
    Options

all its been the past year is full of buffs for killer. the mori nerf was warranted though.....

new killers are all good DEATHSLINGER, BLIGHT, PH and now the SLUGGING TWINS who can block the basement.

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 909
    Options

I try to be less boring as killer by not running either of those and running surge and other fun perks, but honestly? I've had some games where I'm absolutely destroyed without ruin and I somewhat understand. Although that meta is very annoying.

• bluedusef
    Options

it does make it more boring because doing gens over and over again for over 10 mins is not what i turn this game on for, its for the chases. how many more times do i have to RE-DO that same gen i did all the way to 90 percent for freddy to come outa nowhere, push me off and then that gen resets all the way back SEVERAL TIMES A MATCH.....

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Yep. It is merely anecdotal, my experience, but Survivor Ques do seem a bit long this last week. As a Killer, I get a match almost instantly. That leads me to believe we have an imbalance somewhat. It is also anecdotal but I noticed we seems to be losing some of our Streamer/Youtube people to other games. More and more I'm seeing the Monto and Otz putting up shows that are NOT DbD. That isn't, in general, a great sign.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    Options

preferred small game myself because of the short cooldown and not needing gens done to use it (solo you never know how many people actually aren't afraid to touch generators). sure it's not as helpful without working on traps, but, I didn't too often see a lot of trappers anyways and always used it to quickly move around and get an idea for the bone spots worth checking to shorten the time I spent looking for them.

• bluedusef
    Options

it seems you didnt even read the post if your saying i use spine chill.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    edited December 2020
    Options

So what's the difference between those chases and redoing the gen and finishing all gens to sit in queue to redo the gens for chases? They've cut out the requeuing.

Furthermore, if the gens are resetting all the way back from 90 percent you've been chased off the gen for 0.9 x 80 x 2 = 144 seconds. You're spending more time off the gen than on it cuz it only takes 80 seconds to finish the gen so what are you talking about living for the chases when you're spending less time on gens than anything else?

Also, in all this time the other survivors should be doing something. Yes solo queue sucks cuz of matchmaking but you're complaining more about matchmaking than ruin+ undying at that point.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Maybe use small game? Detectives hunch? Repressed alliance? You have options

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 568
    Options

Ruin/Undying + gen info perk is really miserable to play against if you're not in a SWF. Slap it on someone who is halfway decent at one of the top killers and the game is over before it even started.

I do hope the devs end up doing something about it, whether it's a nerf or rework to Ruin, a nerf to Ruin transferring through Undying, or changes to make Tinkerer not able to proc multiple times on the same gen.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

I nearly never see them, and I am consistently in red ranks.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,097
    Options

Ruin and Undying is definitely not being used as much as it was when undying came out. I think I only ran into 1 killer last night out of a dozen games or so who was actually running the combo. It's a risky combo to run because it means you can be down to only 2 perks instead of 4.

• Moundshroud
    Options

Ditto. I see a lot more Pop in combination with other oppressive Perks. The new one that forces Great Skill Checks is particularly good.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

Exactly. I am starting to even see Opression get more popularity. I am even using it more in my own builds. Honestly. I find it is the balanced version of Hex: Ruin that was suggested back when they first were looking at changing Hex: Ruin.

Opression + Pop = Gen gression. Gen Damage. Global pressure. Information.

It opens the doors to dropping your information perk for another synergy perk. Seeing that more than a Hex combo that rarely works in high ranks, and takes up 2 perk slots just for some regression.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    edited December 2020
    Options

9/10 GAMES ARE DS AND UNBREAKABLE AND IM SO BORED.....

For the love of god, please as quick as u can devs, make changes to ds+unbreakable. games will start being alot more fun again. RUIN + UNDYING itself is fine, its meant to be a gamble, not HAVE 4 DEFINITE UNBREAKABLES AND DS’S up over half the game, zzzzzz......

• Moundshroud
    Options

Yep. I'm considering trying it out on my Spooky Myers actually, but I'd have to unlock the Oppression first. :)

• bluedusef
    Options

The perk combo is super boring, like i mentioned, not the chases. yes if im getting pushed off a gen, yes thats fun that i get into another chase, the problem is the part i said is also BORING is doing gens but with this combo, its highly likely u will be doing that same gen over and over again.

or i just run around the map for 5 mins being the BREAK TOTEM GUY, again not the part i mentioned which is fun. another thing, im not the best survivor, i dont always get away from a chase, so if im also being camped, and then u have others running aaround the map DOING BONES, doing the gens 80 seconds each, the killer is probably still gonna have 2 gens left or 1 with ruin still up or not.

i guess killers really need the meta perks and bloodlust, the game is just really hard, the stats prove it, ohh wait....

• Moundshroud
    edited December 2020
    Options

I could take apart the contradictory statements here too, but I'll cut you some slack. You are clearly frustrated, and we all get that way sometimes. Let me clue you in on something, since you were honest and told us you aren't the best Survivor. None of us were when we started, and many of us still aren't the best. I'm a terrible Looper myself. I work around it. You will have to do the same. If you can't find enjoyment in the game, move on. It is as simple as that.

Some people take a challenge and are energized by it. They want things hard and don't get any satisfaction out of something that isn't difficult. I'm that kind of person. Some would call me a "Tryhard" or "Sweaty" or whatever other weird term du jour. Some people give up. Some people look for excuses. My advice (take it with a grain of salt) is that taking on something hard, something that makes you WANT to look for excuses, is like a pool full of cold water. Never wade in. You just stretch out the cold and misery. Your best choices (and they are equal) are to DIVE IN and embrace the water, or don't get in at all. Do you see where I'm coming from?

Stop blaming other Players, Perks, Builds, etc. for your own problems. You made a brave, honest admission. Stick with that. We lie best when we lie to ourselves. Knowing you have a problem, is the first step to solving it. I have faith that you will solve your problem (one way or another) and I hope you can do it with dignity and grace. That is the hardest part.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499
    edited December 2020
    Options

Well said. It's completely innane to suggest that Ruin+Undying and camping can go hand in hand. You should love this combo as a survior as it guarantees that I have to leave the hook, at least for a period, to get others off of gens.

Now, if the survivors are ultra altruistic/dumb and rush the hook every time, and leave their gens..yeah, I can camp. And to be honest, if I see a survivor already lurking literally seconds after I get a hook, I'm not leaving the area. That's not me camping - that's me being smart.

Let the survivor roast for a bit and finish your gen, and you'll force the killer to leave. Don't go for the immediate save.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

You know what's also boring? Seeing DS, BT, DH, Unbreakable, Adrenaline, Iron Will, or some combo of the above every game. Both sides have powerful meta perks that everyone brings. Unless everyone agrees not to use them (lol) its up to the devs to address them all.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

No, it´s not a good sign. The people that used to enjoy playing killer slowly switched to survivor, because its easier and more relaxing or play something else.

And the people that earn their money by playing DbD also seem to slowly burn out.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

Full disclosure, I tend to run Ruin/Undying in almost all of my killer builds (I play 50/50 or so survivor/killer). I'm experimenting with Pop/Oppression now, however, since unlike the totems, bad RNG doesn't destroy two of my perks.

3 hours survivor stream last night -- pretty sure we never saw Ruin/Undying in a single match, and even Ruin was only in a couple by itself.

Many, many previous survivor streams (4 hour plus on each of them) -- we rarely saw the two together, never enough to matter. Ruin occasionally by itself. In any case, there were at least a couple of matches where we eliminated Ruin early, or we simply powered through Ruin anyway, or Ruin didn't matter because the killer was wiping the floor with us. This was Red Rank survivor before reset.

9 out of 10 matches? Errr ... no. You're either the unluckiest player in the game if you see that combo with that frequency, or you're exaggerating. I'm getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 16-20 hours a week at survivor over the last few months, and there's no way that's been the case. It was much more frequent to see that combo immediately after Undying was released, but it's far less so now. Playing survivor, totem cleansing has gone up on the list of priorities in a match, especially if you know Ruin is possibly in play (and to elimimate NOED as a threat, but the latter is obvious, or should be).

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613
    Options

Ds bt complains about undying

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100
    Options

This complaint sounds allot like complaining about how if the killer runs corrupt intervention your stuck waiting two minutes for the first gen you found to be unblocked before you can start, if the killer runs ruin undying just do the bones, i am in the brown/yellow ranks and when i ran ruin+lullaby+Thrill of the hunt for a few matches they were mixed results, sometimes it completely arrested the game sometimes they got cleansed so fast i literally would have been better off running anything else, even something like beast of prey or monstrous shrine,

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

9/10 games are DECISIVE and UNBREAKABLE and DEAD HARD and I'm so bored...

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

*3/10 or 4/10 games are ruin + undying. It doesn't happen nearly as much as people believe. It will also only work if the killer does a good job pressuring you off of generators.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Doesn't really matter what the killer is running, survivor objective stays the same. Do gens and break totems

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

Watch a killer take off their Ruin/Undying and see how fast the gens go. And I must repeat: a killer cannot get value out of Ruin while camping. You might give him that value by going for the rescue instead of staying on gens. But that's you making the perk strong, not the killer.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

Ethier make maps smaller or buff killer other perks.

There's a reason why The killer meta is always gen defence.

• Adamant_Tepig
    Adamant_Tepig Member Posts: 122
    Options
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options
  • Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841
    Options

Having another objective to do.. is boring?

Lol k

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

I played all day today and haven't encountered a ruin/undying.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,235
    Options

Que times has very little to do with killer-survivor player ratio.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,235
    Options

Funny how old ruin was changed because it required little effort on the killer's part for regression to occur....

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

So bring Detective's Hunch? It's easy points.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

I just think having aura reading on Dull Totems makes it overtuned, but yeah. Seems like the forums has another consensus.