How does one play Billy? Having troubles getting used to him.

Billy was always a killer that interested me but found him quite hard to use. I got Bubba because his chainsaw gameplay was quite similar, except Bubba's power is easier to use to take down survivors.

I usually play Billy as a normal M1 killer using the chainsaw for mobility, as using it during chases is quite tough... Is there something I'm not understanding? I've been looking for Billy guides online but most (if not all) of them are pre-rework, so I'd like some advice on how to use this killer.

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

OhToFu has the best guide. Check it out on YT to get your knowledge up. Then watching others can be just as good of experience as playing. Once you get it down, he’s one of the best killers and ridiculously underrated right now.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

As stated above Tofu has a great guide. It's outdated but there's still solid advice. Personally I find steering addons very helpful. But ultimately it will just take lots of practice.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

You don't. You play Bubba instead.

Really, though, follow Tofu's guides. They're helpful.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

As has been said already, tofu's guide is still mostly relevant to current Billy. Curving and your general gameplan hasn't changed, he's just become more limited as a result of the rework.

Main thing you have to get good at is tracking survivors when backrevving. If you're not using speed add-ons like 90% of your chainsaws are going to be backrevs so getting better at tracking survivors while revving your chainsaw is the best thing you can practice right now.

And when you're moving around with the saw and you're getting to an area where you know a survivor is, or you see a survivor, try and move in such a way that you zone them off from stronger areas of the map. This takes a bit of practice and map knowledge to know how to do well but when you're aware of how to do this correctly it'll make chases a lot easier.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

As said, tofus guide. I also play Billy, I love him and it helped me.

Billy comes down to practise and descision making a lot: Should you chainsaw? Can you chainsaw or just M1?

I was bad at him first, hitting only lucky saws and not getting any good hits during chases. It gets better every day and every match as I learn on which tiles I can get a chainsaw hit and where I am bette off just chasing and M1. Also using the sprint for gapclosing comes with time.

I am still learing but I feel just how much of a difference practise makes in regards of Billy for me.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,937

I mean, using the Chainsaw for mobility and M1 in chases is still better than the average M1 Killer. Using the Chainsaw in chases is hard for beginners and requires quite a lot of learning.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    • Use chainsaw for mobility
    • Learn to land chainsaw hits
    • Learn to curve

Thats pretty much it, Billy is easy to play but hard to master, you will need to practice a lot if you want to play him at max potential.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682

I'm convinced that Billy has such a high skill cap because his mechanics are so f-ing janky and everyone has just gotten used to it. If you move your mouse 1 micron to the left when you charge, he'll turn at a 90 degree angle into a wall and suffer a cooldown almost as bad as legion. But if you don't, you can BARELY turn during a sprint, making it easy for all but the dumbest survivors to dodge. The only time I play him is when I have to do rift challenges, and I just farm those.

I'm not saying that he's a trash killer - in the right hands he's very good. But instead of learning that, just learn nurse and crush everyone.