Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Lobby times are simply illegal

Zeb89
Zeb89 Member Posts: 8
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

Ok, this is getting ridiculous.

10 minute lobbies as survivor during the evening (18:00 - 2:00) vs 3 second Killer lobbies.

The issue is reversed during the morning and early afternoon. Killer takes 4-5 minutes to find a match.

Why aren't there bonuses for playing underplayed roles?

All normal games have this system in place so the game doesn't die. In MOBA games you get an exp boost at least. This is common sense, people. Just do it.

The game is in a horrible state because of this.

I don't know why devs are so detached from reality to seemingly not notice.

Comments

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

Yeah they could encourage people to play both sides more often by offering extra bloodpoints. Or just make it mandatory to switch every....lets say four games. So after four games of survivor you have to switch and play at least one game as the killer or vice versa. I think this would be reasonable for most IF it improved the lobby time.

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

I know. It's almost like people forget about this. It's also as if people forget Killers can have 5 hour queue times as well, as OP stated. Weird

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

The notion of the game popping up an alert offering bonus BP to someone for choosing to play a specific Role isn't bad. I suspect coding that would be a nightmare though.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

I simply don't see how that would improve the game, it removes the choice aspect and y'know, playing with friends.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Oh sure, killers have long queues during office hours. Now guess why.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

The problem is that a lot of people dont care about the bloodpoints, they care about fair games. Thats why fewer people are willing to play killer.

Extra bloodpoints dont change that. making it mandatory to play both roles would help a lot, since all people would learn about both sides of the game, and i believe it would change a lot discussions about whats op and/or fair in the game, and where the balance should be.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,364

For a short time there was an estimated queue time when you hit ready and began searching for a match. It shouldn't be hard to figure out if there are too many killers or survivors queueing atm and having some kind of notice on the main menu showing that one role has bonus bloodpoints for queueing due to shortage.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379

There are definitely things they could do. I don't think it's possible to SOLVE because really it comes down to the playerbase numbers, which I imagine there simply aren't enough of, but they could definitely alleviate the pressure on either side of the queue. Certainly they must have internal data and be able to determine the common timeframes where either side is waiting longer than the other, and implement some incentives for the side that needs more players.

Make it go hour-by-hour, with the system observing game queue times during the ~30 minutes leading up to the end of a given hour. If the Survivor queue was abnormally longer compared to the Killer queue from 7:30pm - 7:59pm, then push out a message stating that from 8pm - 9pm there will be a double bp bonus for Killers. If there is a longer Killer queue, then push a bonus out for Survivors.

I guess a potential problem with this though might be that you'd constantly have flipping queue sizes and times based on the bonus... Like, granting a Killer BP Bonus could cause too many people to swap to Killer, and thus kill the Survivor queue for an hour until the bonus ends, and the system would obviously determine that there were too many Killers, and so it'd grant a bonus to Survivors next...#########! We're back where we started essentially...

Yeah, I guess bonuses might not be the best fix... I guess it really does come down to making Killer APPEALING to play.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited December 2020

There have been solutions proposed but given BHVR seems to ignore them and pretend there is no problem at all....idk

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Screw more bloodpoints. Start handing out auric cells for playing the role in need. The problem will work itself out :P

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited December 2020

BHVR would try that, only give you like 5 shards a game and then when it didn't work chop it up to the idea being bad and nothing to do with how they implemented it. After 4 years you get a bit of an idea to how they operate haha.

Edit: Also to be fair, one huge problem is people might stop actually playing games. They would just AFK and let survivors leave and farm w/e doing nothing, so rewards would have to scale based on activity and minimal activity gives next to nothing.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

no amount of extra bloodpoints make it worth playing killer for me after having all useful teachable and getting them on a new killer worth using every dlc

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited December 2020

witht he queue times the wayt hey sound you probably only get around 4 matches at most in anight before you wanna switch it off and play anything else lmao, so, sounds about right so that people could play something else after those 4 matches rather thanc log up the queue or have to sit in it all night whent hey be playing somehting else. I guarantee people that don't wanna be killer are just gonna shut it off after that lol. it would still help loosen up the queues though, but, if after trying it most people did not want to be killer ironically it could wind up becoming ten minute killer queues if theyw eren't on for prime time while most of the survivors were getting their 4 matches a day in. so still a bad idea in the end. personally, I'd justa fk wraith every killer match in this game. only partially because of the current state of the game for killers, mostly just because I don't like my arm being twisted and it would be my way of giving the finger and saying, "not gonna make me do something i decided I'm not gonna do" and I'd watch a quick 5 minute yt video while afk. if their 'solution' to constantly making killers miserable and feel as if they are completely ignored and just there as cannon fodder for the survivors is to 'force' you to take that rather than make it actually fun and enticing again then they'd deserve a game full of afk killers. some people are just not in a mood to take unnecessary bs at this point

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

The issue isn't even reversed if it takes twice as long to find survivor games. I wanted to play more last night but I was like, no I actually want to play and not sit in a lobby for 20 minutes. Killers already get insane BP compared to survivors with BBQ, and 99% of my daily challenges are for killer.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Never had it take me 10 minutes ever to get a game as Survivor. Not since over a year ago.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

No one wants to play killer due to how terrible the devs allow matchmaking to be. If you are a rank 20 killer or a rank 1 killer, 70% you are going against a red rank survivor team. That shouldn't be the case.

If 3 red rank SWF queue up with their 4th rank 20 friend, they should 100% go against a red rank killer, not the other way around. As the game is now, everything is in favor of survivors when it comes to matchmaking.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618

Theres the mori nerf for ya. It'll probably normalize in a couple of month's.