The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

4 gens done in ~5 minutes

I'm kind of a noob to the game yet (500hrs), I've seen some amazing plays done by survivors, but is this kind of gen rush, 4 gens in less than 5 min, supposed to be balanced? Even with Undying and Ruin and me chasing a survivor?

What about a CD or penalty to repair's speed if gens are done at the same time? I mean, how am I'm supposed to counter this kind of situation?

Comments

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

5 minutes for 4 gens is relatively normal.

I had multiple 3 minute 5 gen matches during the past days. I'm not running slowdown perks, though.

I guess the whole Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer meta made survivors more efficient on gens. That's a good thing.

If people finally start playing survivor effectively instead of derping around in random corners of the map the devs will have an easier time figuring out how to add the Early Game thing they used to talk about without breaking the game.

• Felnex
    Felnex Member Posts: 334
    edited December 2020

Well it takes what, 90 seconds (edit: it's 80 seconds) to repair a generator? If you were chasing just one survivor (and they didn't accidentally lead you to interrupt their teammates) then yeah, I'm not sure what you're surprised about.

I really don't get what the point of this thread is. You failed to pressure survivors, and they repaired gens because they had nothing else to do (nobody to unhook, nothing to hide from, no need to heal) what are you expecting?

Try getting better at applying pressure to multiple survivors, knowing when it's not worth chasing survivors (for example, if you only had 1 hook in 5 minutes) and maybe take Corrupt Intervention

Post edited by Felnex on
  • Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Minor correction: It takes 80 sec by default for 1 survivor to repair a gen.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited December 2020

The problem I see is some killers really struggle to apply pressure to multiple survivors. They lack the chase ending power or the mobility to quickly find someone else. Also perks are not a solution to game mechanics. Despite what the devs believe, perks do not fix things. They're band aid fixes at best.

"Gens are flying too fast" /ruin

"The killer is tunneling me" /ds

"The killer is camping" /bbq

The killer can see me across the map" /distortion

"Ruin dies too fast" /undying

"Survivors heal too fast" /sloppy

"SC heals too slow" /Inner Strength

"Keys are op" /franklins

"Que times are terrible" /play something else

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I want to add to this comment by saying that while this commentor isn't wrong, it's also incredibly tough right now to play killer, notably killers that you haven't played as before. It's even worse if you happen to be a newer player.

The DBD community has been asking and pleading for years to be given a practice mode. Quite frankly I don't see why you can't start up a custom match by yourself with AI survivors. If the mobile game can do it, then why the hell can't the main game? Clearly the developers of the mobile game aren't worried about splitting up the player base with a practice mode, so I don't see that excuse working for dead by daylight proper.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Ruin+Undying do nothing if you don't keep ppl off of gens. Sounds like you were lacking pressure in that game. How many downs did you get up to that point?

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

If you find and chase one survivor and aren't able to apply pressure on the others, and you take too long to hook them, 3 Gens could pop before the 2nd-minute mark. So, I guess, it's all perspective of what is too fast.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Didn’t you 4k in 5 minutes ever? And this is not a problem, isn’t it?

• AskingForHelp
    AskingForHelp Member Posts: 103

You also have to understand how frustrating it is for survivors to see the killer knock down their other 3 teammates within the first 5 minutes of the game too. It goes both ways. But tbh I think because of how small the maps are (which squeezes the gens closely together) that I think this game is more in favor of killers. It’s not fair game after game survivors get slammed into the ground and don’t ever escape. But I see it happen in the red ranks too. Map sizes are too small in relation to the high mobility killers in particular. There’s just no need for it. And it’s not like survivors can hide super well either. The hiding spots are incredibly obvious.