I found out today that Oni glows red during Yamaoka's Wrath. How is there still no colorblind mode?

Options

So many components of this game rely on you seeing red. Non-colorblind people tell me the red things are obvious.

I rarely see blood on the ground, I had a hard time seeing any scratch marks depending on the map, and even some killers (see title) rely on color.

It's disappointing when so many games now launch with assistance for CVD people like myself.

Comments

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628
    Options

I'm colorblind too so I hear you. I'm red weak colorblind so scratch marks are hard to see.

On the flipside though, I can see people through the fog easier sometimes so that makes up for less scratch marks.

But I do wish there was a way to make it more colorblind friendly. In Splatoon 2 most of the colors are primary, but there's one that's a dark blue and magenta color. I can't tell which ink is mine and needless to say I'm splatted most of the time lol but they let you lock the colors so that does help a bit. I wouldn't mind making the scratch marks like yellow or blue. Id be ecstatic with either of those colors.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329
    Options

You do understand that devs already addressed that question many-many times? The reason they never implemented it, because it is easily abused by non-colorblind for their advantage.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I don't know either. Can't remember if the devs said it was because it might offer some sort of advantage, but I've certainly seen posters on here be against it because of that.

Shouldn't even be an arguement against it in the first place. As long as people can use filters, monitor firmware crosshairs and other tweaks who cares if someone that isn't colourblind can see scratch marks a bit easier? At least people that are actually colourblind in ways that clash with how colours are used in DBD can enjoy the game properly, sounds like an easy "sacrifice" to make right there.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,192
    Options

People tend to forget all the programs already in place to give that sort of advantage, there are alot of people already using this sort of thing I see no problem with making a color blind mode for people who need it

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

For killers like Myers, there are alternative visual indicators that are used. For Hillbilly, there's a constant sound when using his power.

It's a shame Oni doesn't have that in some capacity.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,087
    Options

But Oni does have other indicators. When he goes into his Berserk mode, he screams. When he's in Berserk mode, he holds his big ass club instead of the sword. When he runs, he makes that weird SWOSH noise. Then when he ends, he makes a grunt and a kind of a power down noise.

That doesn't mean it would hurt to give him a color blind mode, but there are plenty of non-color based ways to tell when the Oni is going Super Saiyan on the survivors.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

Sure, but I meant the obvious: exposed icon on the side and constant chainsawing noise.

There are other ways of knowing he's in his power (speed and volume of footsteps, etc.), but none are as good as the simple and direct examples we've had prior.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674
    Options

If you play on PC and have an NVIDIA graphics card you can use NVIDIA GeForce Experience to apply filters and one of them is color blind filters.

This only works on supported games which is pretty dumb because Dbd would have to agree to let NVIDIA to use the filters on their game. So if they agree to this why not agree to making their own in game color blind options.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Another feature that devs were promising and didn't do anything.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

How exactly could you abuse it? What color is more recognizable then red?