Fix Glenvale

MommyDeRose
MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

i shouldn’t have to break 8 different doors just so I don’t get my face caved in by 5 infinite loops... how is that fair? All that map is, is literal god loops unless I break a basically pre dropped pallet...

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,103

I don't think the breakable walls are a good idea in most cases. They're kind of difficult to get right and can really irritate people when they're done wrong. Like on the saloon or silent hill map.

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 627

Glenvale isn't even that strong of a survivor map, you only have to break 2 breakable walls in the main building to make it not a god loop, plus there's even a breakable wall at shack to make it weaker. The map is pretty small with some decent loops, but nothing unbalanced.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

That map only has like 4 loops but the main building is a massive pain with the 3 walls you are forced to break at the minimum

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

The walls on midwich are probably the best.(at least the ones in the bathroom and front desk) kicking them effects both sides fairly evenly.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

What's dumb is they made Glenvale's shack bigger than the other ones and put a breakable wall there. You have to break that wall or it takes a really long time to catch someone there. It's so stupid. I like that it's the same layout everytime and it looks real nice, but the inclusion of breakable walls instead of good pallets or better structures, and the non-street side of the map being almost a complete dead zone kill it for me on both sides. As killer I almost never get to leave the damn street, it's so boring

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762
    edited December 2020

Hard agree. Nerf the ######### out of the main building, reduce the amount of platform gens that can spawn to literally 1, take some of those ######### bullshit loops around the houses and delete them, then take the really weak pallets and buff them till they're actually usable.

Edit: Oh, and fix the verticality changes so Pyramid Head has a ######### power there.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Breakable walls give stronger loops, especially windows, to survivors while not having them permanent. There might be too many in that map, but their design is great. Especially since breaking them kills loops most of the time without just straight up having crap loops everywhere.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

It’s small and the pallets are unsafe what more could a killer ask for

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

This map has been nerfed a few times. It's my favorite map as a survivor. It's so survivor sided lol

• kaijudane
    kaijudane Member Posts: 139

Glenvale is a tiny map with almost all generators along the main street. Killers don't need any help.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited December 2020

I've boycotted breaking walls. It usually doesn't mean the end of the world, since survivors manage to throw themselves at hooked survivors regardless or I don't end up chasing survivors in those areas.

The point is that they're worthless and annoying. It's like the devs said, "let's have pallets but less interactive and without looping", and then those "almost pallets" arbitrarily made some areas harder for survivors (killers don't break those walls) and some areas way safer (temporarily; killers usually break these walls). Great.

As a rule, Glenvale sucks in design. Sometimes three gens happen in dead zones, and sometimes the killer is left with gens spread out with tons of obstacles in between. Also, collision hitboxes make for additional unfun on that map.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

This map can spawn up to 4 platform gens, let that sink in 4 PLATFORM GENS.