How am i supposed to play trapper on the reworked maps?

Seriously.

Maps like Autohaven were my favourite trapper maps but i feel like you can barely set any good traps anymore due to this stupid grass >:(

Comments

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

The new grass kinda hurt him ngl. It´s the same on new Ormond and Yamaoka. It´s still decent imo, but you will have to shift your placements a bit to accustom to the new grass.

For example, if you have a car- or basic junk debris loop, you have to find the least visible spot in the area. Kind of a bummer, it´s not like using your power was very time consuming already.

You can also apply some other principles while choosing your trap spots.

This is something the new Yamaoka maps brought me to do: Since the grass is very bad and scarce for the most part, you need to really squeeze your brain to identify places in loops where Survivors most likely won´t go outside of chase. In the unique Gyms on this map, traps around the corners just outside of LOS usually can work decently well.

After all, RNG will always play a huge factor in playing Trapper, and many of the reworked maps have shifted the odds more against him. Shame.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Trapper is probably the only killer who suffered because of the brightening of the maps.

Every other killer has an easier time because it's much easier to spot survivors now. But for Trapper his maps stick out like a sore black thumb on the white ground. His traps are significantly easier to see these days.

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

Bag addons were always a must pick for him. Now the Tar Bottle or Iridescent Stone is the other must pick.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I usually herd survivors into my traps and put them in common loop spots as I pass by the area. It'll take time to re-learn the best spots for everyone though.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

And every surv have problems in these so open with no pallets maps

• Skullgrind
    Skullgrind Member Posts: 118

Autohaven is a Trapper nightmare now. Good luck getting hits and you can basically forget about getting any trap catches.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Found some decent glitched spots by accident about 10 min ago, I also hate new autohaven maps for trapper but some of the old trap spots still work just some not all.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Autohaven sucks now. I love that you put all this time into learning maps and spawns and then the devs update them and ruin the best and most fair map in the game.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

The Autohaven map is perhaps the most horrible for trapper since the texture of the ground makes the traps even more visible and if they are dark above all, before you wore accessories that made the trap darken well and it was not visible, unlike now Come for the bounce of the moon from the map and the brightness, also the grass. although the traps have worked well for me on maps like springwood, all 5 variants of macmillan, ormond, etc.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

New MacMillan is a huge buff compared to old. The lighting is perfect, not that dark but enough to hide traps

New Ormond remove chock points trap, make it harder to trap around main building, but otherwise you can set traps anywhere because the ground texture is amazing

New AutoHeaven, I give up to play as Trapper. Shade area is too dark that u cant see Clau sit in open, and traps go good there, but the area is really limited on loops. The light area, like people said, a beacon

New Yamaoka, great

New Springwood, limited place to trap, but still ok