Running a cable from the generator in indoor maps to help locate them

I feel like giving us cables to follow around the closed maps (occasionally sparking if the generator is incomplete, much like how the lights flicker) would be a huge time saver in Hawkins and Gideon. They could potentially range a long way from the generator to the fuse box, so a survivor can pick up a sparking cable and follow it.

In fact Gideon has a few gens attached to cabling, albeit too short to help navigation, just beside the door they will activate. It would be great if we could look down and run along a cable to either find a fuse box or the generator itself.

Just anything to spot gens easily really.

Comments

• umuttank
    umuttank Member Posts: 1

Ü yes.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Hawkins and Midwich have no indicators whatsoever that I can tell, for figuring out where generators are. On Gideon, it's the giant closed doors and some flickering lights, but those are hard to see.

They really ought to have some clearer indicators on these indoor maps. What you've proposed here is a really good idea that will never get read or implemented, cuz Behaviour.

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

This is a good idea, how many auric cells have you purchased? Y'know, because good ideas cost money at BHVR.

• Teacyn
    Teacyn Member Posts: 93

God yes, literally 90% of my issue with indoor maps is finding gens, especially on Lery's and Gideon. Even if you personally don't have trouble finding, there's a good chance at least one or two players in your lobby won't be able to find them and will waste huge amounts of time stumbling around.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

On indoor maps:

• lights off = no generator
    • flickering lights = unrepaired generator
    • lights on = repaired generator

Additionally:

• Lery's: The rules for lights apply to the signs that are above doors. Flickering sign = unrepaired generator in this room
    • Gideon's Meat Plant: Closed door = generator in an adjacent room
    • Hawkin's: Moving door = unrepaired generator in this room

Plus the "static" generator spawns, such as Hawkin's upstairs in the small room, Lery's always has a generator in the middle room, Meat Plant always has one in the bathroom.

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

Midwich generators are surprisingly easy to find, if you stand in the doorway to a classroom you can see generators from there. Run in and take a glance, takes zero effort. Also, all the gens on Midwich are red, so they still have their pulsating white lights making them even easier to find.

• Teacyn
    Teacyn Member Posts: 93

Yeah, Midwich is the only indoor map I don't usually have trouble finding gens on.