You guys think we'll ever see a big gameplay/meta shift in dbd?

Options
Terro
Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Dbd moves at a snails pace compared to a lot of other games in this department and overall the gameplay hasn't really changed too much considering its been 4 years. I think the biggest change would have to be EGC, even though it technically doesn't have much of an effect in the grand scheme of things.

U guys think that we'll ever see anything that'll flip the game on its head or are we going to continue this slow drift towards the unknown?

Comments

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

We did for killer from undying and "survivor mains" are crying about it.

As for survivor its hard to make better perks then 2nd chance perks for a side that technically can't fight back normally.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Eventually they will. But the problem is that the devs don't fix things at a fast pace which is the real game problem. They do fix things they just take too long.

• Greatamygdala
    Greatamygdala Member Posts: 292
    Options

The meta around survivor is constantly shifting there's just a lot of viable builds in there and if you nerf the 4 meta perks of the apocalypse all those builds will come out. While killer just remained stagnant with their builds and arguably in a decline with their tools. Last time the meta was different was back when end game piggy existed who died for our sins because that was no fun for survivors

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I don't think we will. Usually if something is powerful enough to shift the meta, it's too powerful when combined with the current meta.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Doubt it. The developers move at a glacial pace, their decisions seem to be entirely metric-driven, and there is no discernible conduit to provide player feedback to the devs (i.e. community managers -- Peanits has posted here 4 times in the last three months). If there's any strong meta shift, it's going to be in a hypothetical Dead by Daylight 2.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Ever since Hag came out, Ruin has been supreme. It will never be dethroned.

Ever.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

I would love some sort of capture the flag mode where you have 2 survivors and two killers on the same team going up against 2 survivors and killers on the other side.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378
    Options

I saw a video from years ago and you want to know what perks the survivors had? DS Unbreakable DH BT.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I mean Ruin and undying is a new meta.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Maybe the upcoming key changes will shift some stuff in regards to hatch escapes.

Otherwise I think we're at the mercy of whatever new perks come out and their potential synergy with other, existing perks eg. Undying.

• Ignan
    Ignan Member Posts: 31
    Options

Not in the near future

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

The thing is, killer meta changes way more often than survivor meta. The problem with survivor meta is the core second chance perks that ruin any hope of meta change.

DS, Unbreakable, Adrenaline, Deadhard. Those 4 perks alone make it almost impossible to change survivor meta, since almost every survivor in red rank will run those to some extent.

The most we have seen survivor meta changed is with the introduction of Soul Guard, which just added another layer to Unbreakable. Until those 4 core second chance perks get a significant nerf, or there is some way to limit stacking second chance perks, Survivor meta wont / can't change.