As a new player, the bloodweb grind kills my will to keep playing this game.

I have played the p/c version of this game for 80 hours and im increasingly getting burnt out and not having fun, and i regret already the ~$40 i spent on the base game + dlcs because i had not realized just how bad the grind is in this game.

I wanted to support the developers because i really liked how dbd mobile added visual-auditory indicators to help people like me whom have hearing disabilities have have better accesiblity to play.

These past 80 hours i have been grinding blood points to unlock teachables, i have only been playing only deathslinger because he is the only killer i have unlocked bbq level 3 on "early" into his blood web.

Every match i have to go in with the same perks because i have to throw blood points at other killers to unlock their teachable while trying to as cheaply buy through the blood web as possible so i cant even try killers interesting addons because im only buying the brown and yellow stuff in the bloodweb to save bp to progress faster.

So i cant really try playing different killers, i cant try all the fun different builds i see people like ohtofu and otz do all the time, i cant play survivor cause i have 0 blood points to spare to start unlocking perks for them, and when I do play its a soul-crushing experience because sounds are broken every other patch or i cant hear it as well and this games matchmaking is so questionable, that even with the player pool from crossplay the game is still matching me a rank 12-13 killer, with purple and red rank survivors.

If i atleast had the freedom to try different builds on all the killers i own, if there wasnt such a massive disparity in the quality of perk tiers that i could freely use perks the second i got them instead of waiting till i got them to t2-3 to actually be useful, i wouldnt have complaints becuase i could be having fun experimenting with different killer or survivor builds and focus on learning looping, mind games or killer powers better.

I want to play a 4v1 multiplayer not a grind fest MMO and right now all im doing is grinding so that another 100+ hours down the line i can actually have fun.

I am sorry if this ruins the positive energy we should all have since it is christmas day but, i had to vent becuas i looked at my hours on steam and had to ask my self i i was having fun while i played or if i was just playing so that i could actually try to have fun later with all the different game play options i have to keep things fresh and intresting.

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

This is my estimate about how many game you have to play to get everything at Chapter 18: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/214336/grind#latest

If you're able to get 25k BP per match, you have to play 250.000 games

I got just enough of build to able to play after 2 years. I wanted to invite friends to play this game, but luckily I didnt, it would be a waste of time for them.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Don't be sorry,your complaints are 100% valid.

One of the biggest issues in this game right now is the absolute grind fest you have to go through as a new player to even remotely have a chance/fun at the game and it's one of the main reason why i would never recommend this game to anyone else.

It's fun for me because i got everything unlocked but it's just an unbearable experience for new players.Add this garbage matchmaking and you'll see why a LOT of people immediately drop this game.

Unfortunately the devs already said in a recent stream that they are aware of the grind but don't have any plans yet to adress the issue.