Tapper's krampus skin is $15... DBD itself is $20

2»

Comments

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

I wouldnt mind the cost of the skin beeing that much if trapper was a top tier killer, but he's not so i dont play him much on red ranks. Skin would be most of the time in my wardrobe anyway

• GrimmReaper
    GrimmReaper Member Posts: 159

https://youtu.be/Ce5CDrq4dGg for you people saying "but it's just a cosmetic!"

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

"Don't buy it" isn't really a fair response guys. We as individuals cannot stop the whales from buying everything under the sun no matter how expensive. But we can make our voices heard and demand more fair pricing for the average player.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

This 100%! The DLC content is pretty cheap, so I don't mind cosmetics being more expensive. You don't need cosmetics to play the game.

• Vompo
    Vompo Member Posts: 42

Right now the game is 12 euros on xbox store. They want to hook you by dlc killers and cosmetics thats where they make big money

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298

Imagine spending money on a killer skin that you don't even get to see in game. 😂

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

An item is "worth" whatever someone will pay for it. If you think it is not worth X dollars, then don't buy it. I bought 35 dollars worth of Cells and got specific items for my Meg, the samurai armor for my Spirit, a cheap Oni skin, and still have like 1400 cells left over. I'm fine with this. 35 dollars is nothing. Taking my family out to dinner costs more than that.

• BDS22
    BDS22 Member Posts: 146

I don't buy killer skins unless I happen to unlock them in a rift. I just don't see the reason to spend $10 for a skin I can only see the menus (I guess mori animations too), it's a bit ridiculous but that's just my opinion. I'm not gonna go outta my way to buy a skin I can't see during gameplay just to look cool going against survivors. It really is too bad this game can't be both first person and third person, but I know it's too late now to ever add third person as killer because that would require changing up the gameplay which they haven't done at all since this game first came out a couple years ago.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    edited December 2020

What games?

Though every market has a different demand curve, so what's true for one game may or may not hold for another anyhow.

I've see people toss around the fact that CSGO and whatever have $1000 dollar items, but that's always a terrible example since there's a fundamentally different market that only extends from items given out freely to all players via item drops. It's players setting the prices (and also the ones who profit most from each sale) where prices are a function of real scarcity from low drop rates and high player demand. [This economy also requires outside-trade, whereby parties can actually sell/trade on their own to avoid the store fees, to reach those valuations]

That ######### doesn't fly when you're setting the price for your infinite (or artificially limited) supply. The fact they peddle the equivalent skins from $10 to even $15, where most are a quality equivalent to what modders produce freely for other games, is already something that's pushing the bounds of "#########" pretty hard.

Personally, I'd still wager they would make far more by setting the prices at even half the cost. And actually even more if their highest price legacy crap topped out at $5 at the most. While they understand whale customers that exist out there, they fail to grasp the sort of collector markets that spring up when prices are individually low enough to tantalize "gotta-catch-em-all" for an ever larger base (with less disposable income at any given moment) who ends up methodically purchasing all overtime instead of just their favs, despite an ever-growing catalog of "em" out there to catch.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    edited December 2020

What games?

Though every market has a different demand curve, so what's true for one game may or may not hold for another anyhow.

I've see people toss around the fact that CSGO and whatever have $1000 dollar items, but that's always a terrible example since there's a fundamentally different market that only extends from items given out freely to all players via item drops. It's players setting the prices (and also the ones who profit most from each sale) where prices are a function of real scarcity from low drop rates and high player demand. [This economy also requires outside-trade, whereby parties can actually sell/trade on their own to avoid the store fees, to reach those valuations]

That ######### doesn't fly when you're setting the price for your infinite (or artificially limited) supply. The fact they peddle the equivalent skins from $10 to even $15, where most are a quality equivalent to what modders produce freely for other games, is already something that's pushing the bounds of "#########" pretty hard.

Personally, I'd still wager they would make far more by setting the prices at even half the cost. And actually even more if their highest price legacy crap topped out at $5 at the most. While they understand whale customers that exist out there, they fail to grasp the sort of collector markets that spring up when prices are individually low enough to tantalize "gotta-catch-em-all" for an ever larger base (with less disposable income at any given moment) who ends up methodically purchasing all over time (instead of just their favs) despite an ever-growing catalog of "em" out there to catch.

• judge_fist
    judge_fist Member Posts: 114

I dont think that's the point being conveyed here. It's not a ridiculous statement a skin being 15$ is a lot. I have to agree with that and I have a significant amount of money into skins in DbD. Obviously no ones holding a gun to your head saying you need to buy this right? I think it's fair to say the price of cosmetics could stand to go down a few bucks.

• diverse394
    diverse394 Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2020

Lol Apex Legends is doing really good, the game is free and skins cost 20 bucks... so... Nothing really surprising here. Do you want them to make the game cost 60$ so that the skin doesn't cost as much as the game from your argument 😂 Plus the skin is 15$ for a Legendary, which a Legendary in this game actually feels like a Legendary since it basically makes your character a completely different character (Cheryl's Legendary makes her a different person) unlike some other games were a 20$ is only a reskin.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Skins require an artist to design them. Those don't come free. It is new content and costs money. It doesn't surprise me at all that a custom Skin of Krampus is hefty.