Why DBD ISN'T Survivor sided (a rant)

Options
AbstractSaucing
AbstractSaucing Member Posts: 103
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

If It was survivor sided, the killers wouldn't be as overpowered as they are.

Now before you go off please understand: Pyramid head doesn't even need a visual of the survivors to smack them with torment THROUGH A WALL, and the twins? Being able to camp you on hooks even if they're playing Charlotte, And please don't start me with the ability to hit survivors through the window.

The survivors who are really good at looping and getting genies only win maybe 6/10 games IF they land an okay game, and if they play smart (and I'm not saying you should hide in a locker when it gets scary or wait for everyone to die and get the hatch). The killers have the advantage.

You have to time pallets and flashlights are crap. And then on top of that you have to worry about things like camping and tunneling. Killers tunnel and camp Survivors, but survivor can't tunnel or camp killers. Not to mention there's only so many ways a survivor can successfully stun a killer, unlike the amount of ways the Killer can stun the survivor.

If you want to argue the statistics go ahead, but you've never played survivor, how would you know?

EDIT, SINCE SOME OF YOU WANT TO REALLY GO OFF (And even call mea troll. RUDE) this is mostly a rant/vent about Torment

Post edited by AbstractSaucing on

Comments

• AbstractSaucing
    Options

First of all, I do play killer. Alot. And so does my 7 year old. Who, by the way, finds killer WAY easier than survivor.

And if you wanted to be a jerk, maybe that's why you get Survivors that are jerks. Its a give and take. Even if it's just a game. Thanks.

• AbstractSaucing
    Options

Not really? You're going to say this game is violent? But then turn around there's kids her age playing things like COD and fortnite and games of that variety. Its all the same. The only thing different is not being afraid of what goes bump in the night

• AbstractSaucing
    Options

First of all, no. Im not a Troll. That's rude. And second I'm not B.A.I.T.I.N.G baiting people to respond. This is MY opinion

• AbstractSaucing
    Options

THANK YOU.

You're the first person to come at this as a person talking to a person.

And yes, there are way worse games. And yes some killers are just built to dominate (*cough cough* Pyramid head with torment going through walls). And yes both sides have flaws.

• HeckaYeah
    HeckaYeah Member Posts: 187
    Options

If you don't like what you're reading there's plenty of other material on here.

Also, just speaking of the game, the last update did some crazy stuff. I know some maps are WAY darker on specific consoles vs others. I know specific killers need nerfed (and that's not necessarily a bad thing thing I know Clown is getting help and that's a good thing.)

I think that take way here was about the torment. Is that a new thing, or something that I've just not noticed before?

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 525
    Options

Trolls everywhere

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383
    Options

Jajaja I can play as a survivor with one hand and drink my coffee with the other, I dare you to eat killer in red ranks

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,393
    edited December 2020
    Options

I play both sides at higher ranks, the game is survivor sided imo with the exception of a select few killers. The only thing holding most survivor teams back is how bad some of the players are, even in red ranks. That's pretty much the general consensus.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited December 2020
    Options

So... firstly if this was supposed to be primarily a rant about PH and his wave attack, why did you make the title about how all of DBD isn't survivor sided?

Secondly, you really can't claim whether DbD is Killer sided or Survivor sided based off of your experiences.

My experiences for example, I play a whole lot of Legion at the border of red and purple ranks, usually with no or minimal add ons. Assuming Matchmaking didn't pull a dumb, at that rank as that killer, I need to be on my game all game, and one singular bad chase can and has lost me the game. I basically can't afford to let up at any point, because if I do I'll probably lose.

My survivor experience however is a walk in the park compared to that. However... on Survivor I'm currently in green rank, and I pretty much only play Survivor in a SWF because if I'm solo I'd rather play Killer. Those facts simply make my experiences on Survivor fairly easy and not stressful at all.

If we based whether DBD is Killer or Survivor sided on me... well it's heavily survivor sided. But if we took someone who is a former rank 1 Spirit main who decayed down to yellow rank who solos as a rank 1 survivor... their point of view might be completely flipped.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,541
    Options

Closed at OP's request.

This discussion has been closed.