Doctor Suggestions

Options
vampire_toothy
vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

It's important to note that while reading the post, these are all just random ideas I've came up with and not all of them are intended to be together or work with other suggestions so when reading this please keep in mind that I'm not suggesting everything in here at once but rather as separate ideas of which some could work with other ideas while some simply don't. These are all ideas of which I feel could be potential positive changes for the doctor that could make him a slightly stronger killer while hopefully not suggesting anything too out of hand.
Warning : There will be a lot of reading, continue at your own risk

New Add-ons

As of currently, while I feel like the current add-ons the doctor has are nice I think there should be a certain point where each character in the game gains more add-ons to shake up the gameplay a little more. The following ideas below are all potential new add-ons. Keep in mind I don't have very many unique name ideas, only concepts.

Circuit based add-ons - The general idea behind this variant is that you're able to charge up your shock faster but in return you suffer with a smaller shock. You're basically gaining speed at the cost of accuracy. This can also be combined with the add-ons that increase the shock size to counteract the negative effects of both add-ons.
(Common) : Slightly decreases charge time of the shock and reduces the size of the shock by 17%
(Rare) : Moderately decreases charge time of the shock and reduces size of the shock by 25%
(Very Rare) Considerably decreases charge time of the shock and reduces size of the shock by 33%

"Classified" - Carter's Notes based add-ons - The general idea behind this....well if I told you, I'd have to kill you. Well, I assume that's the end result anyways so the general idea is that you're giving the survivors a nice extra scare! This will impact illusions and will go great with "Restraint". With this add-on you have a % chance of having spawned illusions gain a smaller terror radius of which run at you, laugh and then vanish. This will not only provide hopefully a quick scare to survivors but also briefly strengthen doctor's tracking especially when paired with "Restraint". Keep in mind that as "Restraint" doesn't stack effects, this add-on would need to override duration effects provided by this add-on.
(Common) : 20% of your illusions gain a 10 meter terror radius and run at the survivors, slightly increases duration of illusions.
(Rare) : 30% of your illusions gain a 12 meter terror radius and run at the survivors, 1/3 of these illusions will do a fake attack, laugh and then disappear. Slightly increases duration of illusions. (Illusions can never harm the survivor!)

Doctor's gloves based add-ons - The general idea behind this is to slightly reduce the time it takes to switch between treatment and punishment mode which when appropriately used will provide a nice benefit to the killer to further work with his "interaction stun".
(Common) : Slightly reduces the time it takes to switch stance, slightly decreases movement speed while switching.
(Uncommon) : Slightly reduces the time it takes to switch stance.
(Rare) : Moderately reduces the time it takes to switch stance.

Random add-ons - These are just random ones that don't really fit into a category, they all just do their own random thing.
(Uncommon) : Moderately increases movement speed while charging the shock, slightly increases movement speed while switching stance.
(Rare) : Slightly increases the time it takes to switch stance, moderately increases the time of the "interaction stun"
(Very Rare) : Survivors in madness 3 are applied with blindness, Survivors in madness 2 are applied with mangled automatically whenever injured.

Secondary Power

As of right now, I feel the doctor isn't in the best place in the world especially against trolling squads and somewhat experienced players. The doctor is functional, yes but I feel like he could always be in a slightly better spot to deal with more potential situations in the game. This secondary power is not intended to be super powerful but instead a suggestion as a way to punish squads that have the sole purpose to ruin your day. Stop taking their bodyblocks and instead give them the shock of their life!
For this suggestion I will be calling this the "Chain shock" as I don't have a real name I can refer to this as, though this might be a good enough name already.

What does this secondary power do?

The general idea of this secondary power is to give the doctor a slight boost in strength although nothing too major, this power will prove to be one that provides punishment to bully squads and provide short-term effects rather than the long-term effects you invest in with the treatment mode. The idea here is that this is only functional while in punishment mode with your secondary ability button (by default this is left control if I'm not mistaken), when in use you get slowed down to 105% speed and you're provided a limit as to how much of your secondary ability you can use at a time. As a reference, imagine it as the countdown until Myers loses EW3, except the bar is full and surrounds the doctor's ability and will slowly deplete over 7 seconds of which if you use it any longer than that you will be fatigued in a similar way as the nurse.This will recharge as quickly as you used it for as long as you don't fatigue yourself (in which case you will be briefly stunned and have to wait 20 seconds before using the chain shock again).
Well, that seems rather bad, why a fatigue AND cooldown? Simple, that isn't the whole idea behind this. What this secondary power does is it looks for the survivor that's the closest to your LOS, depending on the distance of this survivor (within 7 meters) you will unleash a shock that harms them within 2/3 seconds of beginning your charge and can be avoided the same way you'd avoid any other attack. After you've hit the first survivor with your chain shock you can continue to keep charging it to where any survivor within a 12 meter radius (maximum range without add-ons) will be injured (for this to work, it MUST hit a first victim successfully) and/or applied effects if you have add-ons for this.
As mentioned before, there are ways to avoid this. By dropping a pallet, that pallet will take the shock for you and negate the effects it's supposed to have but in return the pallet is weakened and can be broken 20% faster. Vaulting a window will provide the same benefits to you except for the fact that the killer does not vault it faster and you obviously cannot break a window. When countering the main point of this secondary power, just don't feed it as grouping up to bully the killer will be a bad idea. Splitting up would be ideal against any doctor that puts focus in any way to this secondary power.
For extra information regarding the chain shock, check the spoiler below.

As noted before, it will take 2 seconds for the chain shock to reach the initial victim within 4 meters of you, 3 seconds if within 7. For the chain shock to fully go out to the full 12 meter radius it would start from where the survivor is standing and take another 2 seconds for it to reach the full 12 meter radius and all remaining time would only be used to check if anybody else enters that radius.

As far as other ideas go for this, perhaps more add-ons could be introduced to apply effects like mangled, blindless and exhaustion to survivors hit by the chain shock, maybe something that increases the range or speed, decreases fatigue, etc.

Changes to existing base power

The doctor is pretty much a trickster in a lot of ways, he puts up fake pallets, he messes with your skillcheck, he makes you see illusions...well of himself and to top it all of, he's there to laugh at you like a maniac. Some people get pretty used to this, but I would like to propose giving the doctor an entirely new trick up his sleeve and that's to implement 3 extra fake, broken down generators when the doctor is the killer.

Basically, in any normal game you will end up with 8 generators, out of the 8 you need to complete 5 of them and that's pretty straightforward.

Not with this suggestion

When the doctor is in your game, why not add 3 extra generators that are completely broken down that you cannot interact with? Once in madness 2/3 these fake generators appear like real generators with randomized sets of progress that revert back to the broken pile of junk they original were once you walk and attempt to interact with them. Add-ons can of course if any at all make it so it takes perhaps 5 seconds before the generator disappears or adds in more broken generators to fool people with. That's pretty much about it there.

Those are pretty much all my suggestions for the doctor for now, hopefully I've posted this in the appropriate section (I assume it should be either here or the wishlist subforum?) as I'm still getting used to what goes where. Feel free to leave opinions below.

Keep in mind, I don't really know how 'powerful' or 'weak' these ideas actually are, they only sound good on paper to the people I've spoken to regarding these suggestions and to myself so I do expect that some of these ideas might be potentially a little crazy or may also be lacking.

Post edited by vampire_toothy on